• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oddly enough, it feels like Android is going in a direction where the software is being optimized to pull the most out of less, hardware-wise. Like, when dual-core phones were just flooding the market, Android was no where near scratching the surface of that potential. Now we're in a market where quad-cores and more are standard, but Google is seeing that they can more than do enough with those dual-cores after more development on the software end.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Moto X drops with a dual-core processor, and runs just as smoothly as, if not faster than, the HTC One's and S4's thanks to what Google has realized can be done with Android 4.3/5.0.

Would kop the Moto X if it has LTE support for T-Mobile to replace my Nexus 4. Probably keep my Nexus though as a backup considering how cheap it was anyways.

I'm more than satisfied with my One but I would buy day one if the price is that low. Plus with the customization options.......gotta support 'Merica made products.

[h1]Nemesis: Something new is coming from CyanogenMod[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | Jul 20 2013 | 9:30 pm  | 41 COMMENTS

Speculation runs from a new set of customizations for the CM everyone knows and loves  (possible), to AOSP  for the iPhone (unlikely),  to a new custom ROM based on TouchWiz  (wut?). The few people that know aren't saying.

We know it's something new, and it's coming. Good things often come to those who wait. 

Fill the comments with your guesses. 

Via: +CyanogenMod

Damn man I haven't been keeping up with adding roms and everything developed on the phone lately, probably try this sometime this week
my daughters killing my laptop was the best thing that ever happened regarding roms.that was more addicting than shoes.

Probably a basic question, but I need help. I just copped a Galaxy S2 off craigslist for $120. Im with TMobile, can I just put my sim card into the S2 and get reception? Do I need to contact TMobile or is there something I need to do on the S2 to activate itself?

Thanx

Htc one over the xperia a no brainer?

I use my phone at the gym alot I'm afraid it'll mess up the aluminum body.

Reading the xperia is slower tho....decisions...

^I haven't personally seen the material, seen some guy in the android forums post about how the corners were starting to turn brown. Could have been a defect.

From what I've read the Xperia Z has poor viewing angles and poor battery life. I'd go with the S4 if your worried about the aluminum body on the One.

sick.gif
 I can respect it though, different strokes 

and it would look much better on this phone vs. the n4, that white joint is type garbage
I'll cop this coke white **** just like this with a white ceramic back for 3hunna
definitely, only time a white phone is nice imo is when its ALL white. the can dead them black bezels on white devices, looks groce

Probably a basic question, but I need help. I just copped a Galaxy S2 off craigslist for $120. Im with TMobile, can I just put my sim card into the S2 and get reception? Do I need to contact TMobile or is there something I need to do on the S2 to activate itself?
Thanx

Should work right away.

Htc one over the xperia a no brainer?

I use my phone at the gym alot I'm afraid it'll mess up the aluminum body.

Reading the xperia is slower tho....decisions...

No brainer. Not sure why people use their phones at the gym. Cop yourself a dedicated mp3 player.

:x  I can respect it though, different strokes 

and it would look much better on this phone vs. the n4, that white joint is type garbage

I'll cop this coke white **** just like this with a white ceramic back for 3hunna
definitely, only time a white phone is nice imo is when its ALL white. the can dead them black bezels on white devices, looks groce

Yup, just look at the white nexus 4. Either all white or all black.

Anyone using CM10.1 nightlies ever have their lock screen stop coming up when waking the phone? Been happening to my GS4

[h1]New Nexus 7 press shots leaked[/h1]
By Sean Buckley  posted Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:28 PM185  

The new Nexus 7's official unveiling might still be a few days away, but impatient tablet fans can get a peek right now: @evleaks seems to have come across the alleged device's official press render. The image doesn't do much to confirm the 7-inch tablet's internal specifications, but what we can see matches previous leaks, giving us a clearer view of the device's rumored 5MP rear-facing camera and and a branded backside -- now lacking the dimples of the original.

A pair of speakers can be seen on the rear's north and south ends and volume, power and a microphone input line the tablet's right edge. On the front we can see an offset front-facing shooter, an underlining notification LED and what is most likely  Android 4.3. No word yet on the device's price, official availability or processor yet (previously reported as a 1.5GHz quad-core CPU), but we'll let you know when Google spills the beans on the 24th.

Thanx
if the sim is the right size (I.e. mini, not micro or nano) then it should work, if it's sort old, then you might need a 4g sim, but It should still work.

Back
Top Bottom