• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got the S4 for T-Mobile.....but dam! This joint has the crazy stutter going in and out of apps. Waking up the phone is laggy as hell. I had to take it off. So now when I wake it up....goes straight to my homescreen. I love the phone (Screen, thin, slick as hell, fast at times) but the touch wiz on this phone is AWFUL. This is with nova installed.

I am seriously debating heading back to iOS
eek.gif
Wake up lag you experience is a power saving feature on some of the newer Samsung phones. They go into deep sleep faster to save battery, which takes longer to wake up from.  If you dont wanna mess with rooting/rom flashing,  I may suggest you try the HTC One...

Edit: For your update concerns, HTC has been pretty quick with the updates as of late.  The One is currently on the latest version of Android (4.2.2), and if im correct they got theirs out before Samsung got it to the S4.
the s4 shipped with 4.2.2, the one has just began seeding 4.2.2 internationally. hopefully our carriers stateside get it together and push out the update here soon.

well im coming back to the droid fam. just ordered a refurb nexus for verizon. havent had a droid since the moto droid 3.

This might have been said already, but it looks like the Nexus 5 will be modeled after the LG Optimus G2. If that's the case I'm jumping on it without hesitation, because the moto X doesn't wow me at all

You don't have a custom rom or anything just rooted? Maybe.. I've never updated my phone through ota updates so I'm clueless when it comes to that.

MIUI tets? Last time I flashed that had everything force closing on me I had to go back :smh:

Bruh. :smh:
Sms wouldn't eem work. I haz disappoint :smh:

Back on goddamn TW.
I enjoyed it while I had it though

I am using CleanROM 1.6.5 on my VZW S4 and I am really impressed with it.

It basically removed all of the bloatware and extra crap you don't need that the phone comes with (all the extra apps are in a separate .zip if you want them back).
They also streamline certain processes to make it a bit more "snappy".
It is still TW based, but that is fine for me, because I like using the TV Remote app.
I am using Apex Launcher and DCIkonz with it though, so it isn't completely stock TW.

ABOUT:
CleanROM is targeted towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with as little Bloat as possible, demand performance and expect stability!
CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon Base! Jellybean 4.2.2 Base!
CleanROM is Fast, Clean, and STABLE!
CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
Support for Newbs and Veterans alike is given at www.scottsroms.com regardless of post count!

FEATURES:
Lightest Build Possible - Bare Minimum ROM! Almost All Non Essential Samsung and Verizon Apps are gone!
Added Shutter Sound Option!
Page Rotation on Launcher and App Drawer!
Nexus 7 and 10 Ringtones!
Tether Unlocked!
Performance and Battery Enhancements!
ADB as Root!
init.d Support!
No CD installer!
MD5: 80F575680D164DF1F3E70777D86D8F8A

CleanROM 1.6.5 for VZW

They also have a version out there for AT&T users as well

Any picture I download from chrome is taking like an hour to show up in the download folder in my gallery, extremely annoying - S3 Verizon

[h1]Exclusive first look: Pics and video of the new Nexus 7[/h1]

By Phil Nickinson   | Jul 17 2013 | 5:04 pm  | 111 COMMENTS

nexus7-2-8a.jpg

[h3]The new Nexus 7 sports an updated look, adds a rear camera[/h3]
Here we go, folks. The first probable  pictures of what we believe is the long-awaited successor to theNexus 7. We've had to do a little Photoshop surgery to protect the source (we'll just call the source, oh, how about "Brett"), but what we're seeing lines up with rumored specs, and what we'd expect to see in the follow-up.

Separately, we've gotten a look at some possible pricing, giving some hope that we might finally soon see the retail release of Google's affordable tablet. And then there's the Google event set for July 24 in San Francisco.

Ready for more? Read on.

nexus-7-2-1.jpg

First, a quick caveat: Ain't nothing official yet. Google's not announced anything, and we have no idea if what we see here is a finished product, or prototype. (When in doubt, I usually assume the latter.) And we've seen things change greatly from early leaks to retail release before, including with the original Nexus 7. We're also not 100 percent confident in the specs that accompanied this thing. So, grain of salt and all that, until official things are official.

Hell, we don't even know what it'll be called.

But what we're looking at here is labeled as the ME571K_PR1_SKU2, again manufactured by ASUS. It should be one of (at least) two versions of the Nexus 7 successor — we're expecting 16- and 32-gigabyte options, and it's probably safe to assume we'll see Wifi-only versions as well as models with cellular data connections.

The specs slapped onto this little lost tablet include the expected 7-inch LCD display and, new this time around, a pair  of cameras. There's a 1.2-megapixel shooter from LITEONMOBILE on the front, and 5-megapixel camera by Chicony on the back. The rear camera appears to be situated in the same corner as the 3.5mm headphone jack.

The listed motherboard points to Qualcomm's APQ8064 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. That's different than the Snapdragon 600 that the Bluetooth Special Interest Group thought it saw, but stranger discrepancies have happened — and it's entirely possible that there are two versions of this thing out there. Remember that this is SKU2, according to the specs listed on it. The FCC, however,has already seen a Snapdragon S4 tablet come through.

We're also possibly looking at a ridiculously whopping 4 gigabytes of DDR3L RAM. (Though we're not 100 percent sure on that, 2GB wouldn't surprise us at all, and, again, written specs on stuff like this get messed up all the time.) We're also expecting the aforementioned (and not at all surprising) 16- and 32-gigabyte storage options.

buttons.jpg

Looks like microUSB is still the preferred method of plugging in, and it's centered in the bottom edge of the tablet. (For what it's worth, this is one of those areas in which we saw drastic changes between prototype and finished product in the original Nexus 7.) The power button and volume rocker are situated the same way as they are on the current Nexus 7. 

microusb.jpg

One other addition — and this is one you can't see too well in these pictures— is the dual speakers, referred to in the specs here as "upper" and "lower" speakers. They're positioned on the rear of the tablet, with one near the USB port.

On the software side, we're told this unit had Android 4.3 on board. Not a real surprise there, especially with Google doing something next week in San Francisco. But it also wouldn't surprise us to see a 4.2.2 launch and an quick update immediately thereafter. Either way, it's got the same old lock screen widgets we're used to.  (We've seen a phone dialer as well, but we wouldn't read too much into that just yet.)

Edit:  On second thought, that's the lock screen PIN entry we're seeing, not a dialer. Thanks, zachavm.

Big ups to "Brett" for the info!

• nexus-7-2-1.jpg
  • nexus7-2-8a.jpg
  • nexus-7-2-2.jpg
  • nexus-7-2-3.jpg
  • nexus-7-2-4.jpg
  • nexus-7-2-5.jpg
  • nexus-7-2-6.jpg
  • nexus-7-2-7.jpg
  • buttons.jpg
  • microusb.jpg

« previous  | next »

[h1]HTC teases 'little' bit of news tomorrow[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jul 17 2013 | 6:52 pm  | 12 COMMENTS

oneminiteaser.png

[h3]HTC One Mini on the horizon?[/h3]
The rumor mill  would certainly seem to suggest HTC's  got a new pint-sized phone on the way, and now the company itself is teasing an announcement tomorrow through its UK Twitter account. Posting the image above, HTC UK says it's got "a 'little' bit of news tomorrow." The device in the photo might seem to be an HTC One, but upon closer inspection the rear mic — the black dot on the plastic trim — is on the opposite side. And if you take a close look at some of the recent leaks, you'll see the mic matches up exactly with the device in the shot.

So it looks like a new, smaller HTC One series device could indeed be headed our way soon. We'll be watching, so keep it locked to AC for all the latest.

Source: @HTC_UK

My htc one overheated today, it got to 104 farenheit while watching a movie on netflix. anyone else's doing the same

Need to unroot my AT&T One X, help! I dont know which way, use a Nandroid or RUU? This RUU crap is confusing, but I have stock Sense Nandroid, how do I unroot using that?

Back
Top Bottom