• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got a Rearth Ringke Fusion case for my S4 ... making more use of my Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the suggestions on the slim cases everyone.

Gonna try elementalx kernel for tomorrow see if I get different results..

how is it compared to the previous ROM in terms of battery life? is it a keeper?

My Android OS has been 49% for no reason.
I'm at 40% off 10 hours total
1hour and 30 mins screen time :x

I think i effed with that Trickster Mod :smh:

flashing MIUI

This is the case I use with my One. It was 20 bucks but I like it.

Mm so far it's ok I'm gonna try another kernel tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.. I have no clue what nyc is doing to get that kind of battery life.

It would be a keeper if I got nyc type battery life but I ain't.. And right now I still prefer trickdroid. Like I said gonna try a different kernel and see what's up.

Last edited:
I got the S4 for T-Mobile.....but dam! This joint has the crazy stutter going in and out of apps. Waking up the phone is laggy as hell. I had to take it off. So now when I wake it up....goes straight to my homescreen. I love the phone (Screen, thin, slick as hell, fast at times) but the touch wiz on this phone is AWFUL. This is with nova installed.

I am seriously debating heading back to iOS :wow:

Hmm.. Are you running 10 million apps at once? I played with my buddies s4 and never noticed any lag. That is odd.. But if the phone isn't working for you.. The best choice may be what you were used to

I got the S4 for T-Mobile.....but dam! This joint has the crazy stutter going in and out of apps. Waking up the phone is laggy as hell. I had to take it off. So now when I wake it up....goes straight to my homescreen. I love the phone (Screen, thin, slick as hell, fast at times) but the touch wiz on this phone is AWFUL. This is with nova installed.

Should have gotten the one

Hmm.. Are you running 10 million apps at once? I played with my buddies s4 and never noticed any lag. That is odd.. But if the phone isn't working for you.. The best choice may be what you were used to

Have a total of 8-10 apps and not all are running.......

Was going to....then I heard you'll be waiting forever for updates :smh:

i dont know bout beats on an AOSP ROM. The ROM on my HTC EVO LTE is AOSP and beats is disabled. If they can work it out for da One then it'll be clutch.

Are you using a kernel for your ROM (illusion) ?

I've heard the beats audio will come to AOSP ROMs because it has an official AOSP build (GPE One) with its own modified kernel that includes beats. Nah the Sprint One doesn't have any custom AOSP kernels yet it seems as devs are waiting for the official 4.2.2 update to drop for our phones to be compatible with the official 4.2.2 GPE ROM so they can start building custom kernels from that source.

And Carvar try this its something I do on all my ROMs it just slipped my mind . Download "Trickster Mod Kernel Setting" app and scroll all the way over to the right to the "specific" shade on the interface. On the "multi core power saving" part change it from 0 to 2. What it does is set your CPU to use the least amount of cores as possible. You lose 0 performance since apps are not designed to use that much processing power at all . I don't game a lot on my phone but when I do dead trigger and real racing 3 run exactly the same as they do when I have that option set to 0. Try that out as soon as possible and your battery life will increase tremendously.

:pimp: thanks fam will download and check out battery tomorrow.. Also how do I get rid of halo bubble I got it unchecked and it still there :smh: i paused it dunno what is up

Last edited:
Long press it and a X will pop up at the top of the screen drop it there and your good to go. Halo is probably the most hyped and useless android creation ever :lol: ever since Google made it a point for OEMS to include a dedicated task switcher every thing else seems redundant

Last edited:
Ain't even letting me long press it :smh: it's just there ..I didn't even want it..I just clicked something in my notification bar and it ain't disappearing this some bull.

I I can slide down to semi hide it..but when I swipe up it shows an x but nothing happens

Edit: it's gone thank god..was thinking I had to reflash the damn Rom again :lol:

Last edited:
You don't have a custom rom or anything just rooted? Maybe.. I've never updated my phone through ota updates so I'm clueless when it comes to that.

MIUI tets? Last time I flashed that had everything force closing on me I had to go back :smh:

I had a Droid X 2 before and I could easily type certain symbols.

I could hold down the number 2 and get the exponent ^2 (squared) or the fraction 1/2.

I could hold down the number 3 and get the exponent ^3 (cubed).

I could hold down another button (maybe the little degrees symbol circle?) that gave me access to arrows pointing up, down, left and right. Not the hands, just an arrow.

Now I have the Galaxy S4 and can't figure out how to use these symbols. Anyone know?

There's an update for my phone but I'm rooted and have TWRP installed... Can I do OTA updates?

When I had my Thunderbolt (rooted) and did an OTA it unrooted it for some reason.

But I couldn't update OTA on my rooted S3. Think you had to go back to stock to do that.

Last edited:

I am seriously debating heading back to iOS
eek.gif
Wake up lag you experience is a power saving feature on some of the newer Samsung phones. They go into deep sleep faster to save battery, which takes longer to wake up from.  If you dont wanna mess with rooting/rom flashing,  I may suggest you try the HTC One...

Edit: For your update concerns, HTC has been pretty quick with the updates as of late.  The One is currently on the latest version of Android (4.2.2), and if im correct they got theirs out before Samsung got it to the S4.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom