Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alleged Sony Xperia 'Honami' specs reveal beefy 20MP camera sensor Mobile
By Stefan Constantinescu posted Jul 16th, 2013 at 3:30 AM 99
Alleged Sony Xperia 'Honami' specs leak

We're a little more than a month away from a flood of gadget news at IFA in Berlin, and we have a sneaking suspicion that an imaging centric flagship smartphone from Sony called "Honami" is going to be there. We've seen hints of what the phone's camera UI looks like, and now a leak from the Taiwanese site ePrice says the device has a 20.7-megapixel ExmorRS sensor that's the same size as the one in the Galaxy Camera and other point-and-shoots. It's also paired with a "Sony G-Lens," though hopefully not one as bulbous as some others we've seen. Other specs include a 5-inch 1080p display with the same Triluminos technology that's in the Xperia Z Ultra, Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 800, 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded with microSD and a fairly massive 3,000mAh battery. If the alleged spec sheet after the jump is to be believed, then the Lumia 1020 and GS4 Zoom might have to face some serious competition.

Alleged Sony Xperia 'Honami' specs leak

Might be my next phone! Good to see Art hop on the early upgrade train!

isn't this basically like leasing a phone?

[COLOR=#red]In some ways yes, but you don't have the requirement to return the phone after 20 months and you could then upgrade. So like a lease with the option to buy which some leases have anyway lol.[/COLOR]

so it gives one the option to spend more money in the long run?

you buy a phone at full price retail price (example $600)...but u get to upgrade after paying off 50% of the phone via monthly fees. that means via monthly fees, IN ADDITION to increased fees recently, you'd pay more than the cost of a subsidized phone. so 300. then they give u option to do it all over again? yet still keeping the plans expensive as ****?

>D sounds lame to me...am i missing something?

How much do you think I can sell an unlocked black i9300 for? Minor scratches on the screen.

Btw, sometimes these larger batteries kill me.

It'll be like 3 am and it's at 40% and I don't want to charge :lol:

Last edited:
I got what they called the "Red Light of Death" on my N4 last night. Freaked me out. I just let it chill a bit, and I'm up and running. It's weird because when I was looking it up, everyone associated it with benchmarking. I've never done that before, so I guess it just happens from time to time...

Last edited:
Looking to get a tablet soon and considering the new Galaxy Tab 3...anyone have it and can offer any reviews or similar alternatives? Hoping to stay under $300.

Thanks!

Looking to get a tablet soon and considering the new Galaxy Tab 3...anyone have it and can offer any reviews or similar alternatives? Hoping to stay under $300.

Thanks!

Nexus 7 if no don't mind lack of expandable storage/ rear camera or sero 7 pro if you want something decent at a reasonable price.

All of those galaxy tab 3's look over priced :x

I've never owned a Android tablet.. or any tablet for that matter. But I was recently at the mall and was playing with the Windows laptop at their store.. not gonna lie it was pretty cool and only like 2 or 300 bucks. The keyboard attachment was 
pimp.gif
 dunno how much that is or if you have to buy it seperate but it was cool nonetheless.. I'd say go into the stores and check em out first hand brosef

You can get a 32GB Nexus 7 for $199 now or a 16GB for $179. They are reduced and listed as final price, but the rumor is that a new version is on the way.

Keyboard probably cost extra.
The w700 is the only one I can think of that comes with a keyboard attachment at no extra cost.
& for 200-300 dollars it sounds like one of those meh rt tablets, although they may be good enough for jkballers needs. (Although if those rt tablets would be good enough you should have no problem with the cheaper nexus 7/sero 7 pro)

Yeah, I guess you can't go wrong if you went with a 7 for the price.

Update on the illusion rom... Not really showing everything.. I've use Facebook and kakao chat a decent amount today.. The browser about 20-30 minutes screen on only an hour of those 7 though :lol: dunno why the other stuff ain't showing up oh well.. So far battery has been pretty good.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Now that the Play Store has matured I will go with Nexus Tablets...the sole reason why I held onto my Retina iPad was because of apps. I'm done with Apple both professionally and consumer-wise and will let the current products I have run until obsolete. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
[h1]In pictures: The 'glamor red' HTC One[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jul 16 2013 | 8:18 am  | 36 COMMENTS

red-hero-one.jpg

HTC's recently taken the wraps off a new color variant for the HTC One  — anodized "glamor red" — and we've had the chance to get our hands on the new, eye-catching version of HTC's latest. The red version, which is exclusive to Phones4u in the UK, is most reminiscent of the black variant, being twinned with a dark grey accents around its sides and back. The Beats Audio branding, red and white on other HTC Ones, is a lighter shade of gray on the "glamor red." The anodized finish also gives the device a smoother feel than the more common silver version.

Besides these superficial changes, we're dealing with the same phone we're already more than familiar with — quad-core Snapdragon 600 CPU, 1080p SuperLCD display, "Ultrapixel" camera — you get the idea.

Check out our gallery after the break for a closer look at this new flavor of HTC One.

• red4.jpg
  • red1.jpg
  • red2.jpg
  • red3.jpg
  • red5.jpg
  • red6.jpg
  • red7.jpg
  • red8.jpg

« previous  | next »

I've used my browser for like 5 1/2 hours on illusion ROM along with poweramp and it doesn't show up in the battery usage menu. Idk what the hell they've done but this battery life is nothing like I've had before on any ROM and that's enough for me to stay . I can't wait till HTC upgrades the Sprint One to 4.2.2 so I can get that great sense camera on AOSP ROMs. The Google Play edition One uses basically a modified sense kernel to keep the camera quality and Beats audio . Once HTC releases 4.2.2 to all One variants we will see AOSP ROMs with integrated Beats audio and a vastly improved camera .

Note3 ssupposed to have an even bigger screen if you're ok with that .. Then I'd wait for the n3.

When it releases is beyond me maybe someone else inthis tthread knows the potential release date

I've used my browser for like 5 1/2 hours on illusion ROM along with poweramp and it doesn't show up in the battery usage menu. Idk what the hell they've done but this battery life is nothing like I've had before on any ROM and that's enough for me to stay . I can't wait till HTC upgrades the Sprint One to 4.2.2 so I can get that great sense camera on AOSP ROMs. The Google Play edition One uses basically a modified sense kernel to keep the camera quality and Beats audio . Once HTC releases 4.2.2 to all One variants we will see AOSP ROMs with integrated Beats audio and a vastly improved camera .

i dont know bout beats on an AOSP ROM. The ROM on my HTC EVO LTE is AOSP and beats is disabled. If they can work it out for da One then it'll be clutch.

Are you using a kernel for your ROM (illusion) ?

[h1]In pictures: The 'glamor red' HTC One[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jul 16 2013 | 8:18 am  | 36 COMMENTS

red-hero-one.jpg

HTC's recently taken the wraps off a new color variant for the HTC One  — anodized "glamor red" — and we've had the chance to get our hands on the new, eye-catching version of HTC's latest. The red version, which is exclusive to Phones4u in the UK, is most reminiscent of the black variant, being twinned with a dark grey accents around its sides and back. The Beats Audio branding, red and white on other HTC Ones, is a lighter shade of gray on the "glamor red." The anodized finish also gives the device a smoother feel than the more common silver version.

Besides these superficial changes, we're dealing with the same phone we're already more than familiar with — quad-core Snapdragon 600 CPU, 1080p SuperLCD display, "Ultrapixel" camera — you get the idea.

Check out our gallery after the break for a closer look at this new flavor of HTC One.

• red4.jpg
  • red1.jpg
  • red2.jpg
  • red3.jpg
  • red5.jpg
  • red6.jpg
  • red7.jpg
  • red8.jpg

« previous  | next
Flames 
sick.gif

Samsung 
roll.gif
 they making a phone to compete against EVERY phone
[h1]Samsung Galaxy Folder leaks, puzzles everyone[/h1]
16 July, 2013 | Comments (117)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidRumors

Samsung is rumored to be working on a clamshell Android powered phone, which is designed exclusively for those who long for the good old days. Now there's a good reason why the folder form factor are almost extinct now (it wastes too much space for a world obsessed with thin and compact), but obviously Samsung feels it's worth another chance.

Samsung Galaxy Folder will be an Android powered flip-phone with a classic alphanumeric keyboard and a touch screen. The upcoming device is rumored to feature a display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and the phone is expected to feature a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor.

The Galaxy Folder will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and will be equipped with LTE radio. Unfortunately, there is no word on the launch date and the pricing of the flip-phone at the moment.

Source

Back
Top Bottom