• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't experience any lag... Just the problem of not receiving MMS... I checked my APN settings and they match to what I have entered in textra so I'm not sure what else can be the problem

[h1]New Google Maps updated with offline maps button[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jul 11 2013 | 5:12 am  | 8 COMMENTS

maps-offline.jpg

[h3]User feedback prompts new 'offline maps' card and 'where's Latitude' button[/h3]
When Google launched its new Maps app  for some users yesterday, it was criticized by some for the way offline maps had been handled. The feature, accessible via menus in earlier Maps versions, could only be activated by searching for "OK Maps" in the new app, in a sort of Easter egg.

Today the app has been updated once again with an easier way to download offline map caches — tap the (empty) search bar and you'll find "Make this map area available offline." It's perhaps not the most obvious place to put this feature, nor the most elegant-looking card, but we can't fault Google's fast turnaround on this issue. (The "OK Maps" shortcut will continue to function in the new version, Google says.)

In addition, there's now a "Where's Latitude" button in the main menu area linking to Google's support page on Latitude's retirement. The service, which is absent from the new Maps app, will be closed entirely on Aug. 9.

If you're running the new version of Maps, you should see an update to your app this morning. As an aside we're now starting to see the new Google Maps 7.0 on more of our devices, so if you're not updated yet you might want to check your Play Store app for updates.

Source: Google+

How many other note 2 owners experience a slight "stutter" when scrolling through home screens. I think I an just spoiled by aosp on my gnex and nexus 7, but it is annoying. Literally why I am thinking about flashing

Yeah I know it is probably touchwiz, I just want to make sure my device isn't defective. I actually like the touchwiz launcher, just wish the animations were slightly faster. I tried nova and thought it was faster, but it still stuttered in the app drawer, but not on the home screen.

Nokia is killing the game with the Lumia 1020 , beautiful build quality and a 41 megapixel camera. WHY do they waste their time with that piece of **** operating system I don't know why. A Nexus version of the Lumia 1020 would be the GOAT phone

Last edited:
Nokia is killing the game with the Lumia 1020 , beautiful build quality and a 41 megapixel camera. WHY do they waste their time with that piece of **** operating system I don't know why. A Nexus version of the Lumia 1020 would be the GOAT phone
Still waiting for that first Nokia android phone.. cause it's gonna happen. 

EDIT: but I don't need no damb 41mp camera.

Last edited:
How many other note 2 owners experience a slight "stutter" when scrolling through home screens. I think I an just spoiled by aosp on my gnex and nexus 7, but it is annoying. Literally why I am thinking about flashing
Clear some RAM. Change your animation speed in Settings > Developer Options.  Or flash a rom.  Personally i wouldnt go with an AOSP on a Note 2, because the battery life is definitely not as good as a TW rom believe it or not.

Funny thing about it if Nokia went to Android they could put a symbian/meego skin on top of it and really make the OS their own ala HTC and Samsung . Windows phone doesn't deserve them

You get lag with Textra?

Textra is by far my favorite messaging app. Clean UI, simple, and quick.

All the other apps are too "bulky".

There are bugs tho because it is relatively new.

The developers do a great job of responding to reviews and bug fixes though.
Yea man the pop up Window when a new message comes out always lags for about 7 seconds then pops up

You get lag with Textra?

Textra is by far my favorite messaging app. Clean UI, simple, and quick.

All the other apps are too "bulky".

There are bugs tho because it is relatively new.

The developers do a great job of responding to reviews and bug fixes though.
Yea man the pop up Window when a new message comes out always lags for about 7 seconds then pops up

what phone u useing?

I liked the Textra app.. but couldn't receive MMS after a while dunno what the hell happened or what changed.. but it stopped working. It would just tell me can't retreive MMS.. The stock messaging app on my phone works just fine receiving MMS. 
mean.gif

I liked the Textra app.. but couldn't receive MMS after a while dunno what the hell happened or what changed.. but it stopped working. It would just tell me can't retreive MMS.. The stock messaging app on my phone works just fine receiving MMS. 
mean.gif
Yeah this happens to me from time to time IDK whats wrong. I'm just assuming its Sprints fault cause they suck or maybe cause my phones like two years old so its bad

Last edited:
I'm with AT&T and it happened.. I've had 0 problems getting MMS through the stock app.. it's a shame cause I liked Textra.. it's messed up cause it works perfectly on my girls phone.
mean.gif

wp8 is pretty nice though, its only lacking with apps offered compared to ios and android. feature wise, the platform is solid.

a nokia android phone would be fire though but they gotta stop this carrier exclusive crap. there is no reason there should be 4 versions of the lumia 920 (925, 928, 920 and 1020) on 3 different carriers.

Clear some RAM. Change your animation speed in Settings > Developer Options.  Or flash a rom.  Personally i wouldnt go with an AOSP on a Note 2, because the battery life is definitely not as good as a TW rom believe it or not.
This
And dont you lose S-Pen functionality outside of just using it as a stylus?

I have Sprint so I use Whomp which is TW. But ive been getting real ****** battery life the last week. I think its the IOS 7 lockscreen that I was testing out that was giving me bad battery. But ive been looking for something new to flash since Whomp hasnt been updated since April (even tho it runs super smooth) And I thought about going AOSP but I didnt want to lose S-Pen stuff.

I have Sprint so I use Whomp which is TW. But ive been getting real ****** battery life the last week. I think its the IOS 7 lockscreen that I was testing out that was giving me bad battery. But ive been looking for something new to flash since Whomp hasnt been updated since April (even tho it runs super smooth) And I thought about going AOSP but I didnt want to lose S-Pen stuff.

Get off that Whomp bruh...I'm on Wolfpack MC2 ROM my battery wont freakin die. :smh: Flash that and SaberKernel and you'll be gravy.

If you want AOSP with a TW touch, get on NoWizAOSP ROM. All the functionalities of TW and AOSP. lemme know if you're interested, i'll send da lanks

Get off that Whomp bruh...I'm on Wolfpack MC2 ROM my battery wont freakin die. :smh: Flash that and SaberKernel and you'll be gravy.

If you want AOSP with a TW touch, get on NoWizAOSP ROM. All the functionalities of TW and AOSP. lemme know if you're interested, i'll send da lanks

Yea hit me up with that kernel. And you might as well shoot me the rom too. Even tho its prolly on XDA

Back
Top Bottom