• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any of you guys using Waze? It's a social maps/navi app that takes data from other users to give you traffic information. Speed data are automatically collected and users can report accidents/construction/cops on your route. Saved me tons of time by rerouting me to avoid traffic. Dope, dope, dope app.
Waze is the truth!! Don't use anything else when it comes to navigation.

Day 3 of my One, and this phone is AMAZING. It feels rock solid, sturdy, luxurious.

Still no MIUI on it as I'm enjoying Sense 5, and the 32GB, I only had 16 on my One X and I ran through that pretty damn quickly. Overall extremely happy with it.

Have you guys seen Control Center for iOS7? Want it for Android? No worries, it's on the Playstore.

Here's the screenshot I took, it's pretty much like the iOS7 version, and it customizable, IE the quick launch toggles. It slides from the bottom, just like iOS7 version. Overall its really good, fast and no lag thus far.

I know some roms have quick settings when you slide down, but Sense 5 doesn't have any, and I have to go to Settings > Scroll > (Pick Option) > Scroll... lol, this is much easier and better looking for now.

Last edited:
Anyone who has a S3, can you post your APN settings? Especially if you're using Chomp SMS. MMS's never send with Chomp. I have to use the stock app. I think the APN settings in Chomp might be wrong

Last edited:
Anyone who has a S3, can you post your APN settings? Especially if you're using Chomp SMS. MMS's never send with Chomp. I have to use the stock app. I think the APN settings in Chomp might be wrong

APN doesn't matter with phone. Network does.

Have you guys seen Control Center for iOS7? Want it for Android? No worries, it's on the Playstore.

Here's the screenshot I took, it's pretty much like the iOS7 version, and it customizable, IE the quick launch toggles. It slides from the bottom, just like iOS7 version. Overall its really good, fast and no lag thus far.

I know some roms have quick settings when you slide down, but Sense 5 doesn't have any, and I have to go to Settings > Scroll > (Pick Option) > Scroll... lol, this is much easier and better looking for now.

There are many sense 5 roms with the pulldown toggles

Like dat trickdroid :pimp: if you like sense now you gonna love it x300

Last edited:

True, but I'm not rooted yet, gonna enjoy stock for now.

That's one thing you gotta do when you get a phone. Enjoy what you have now/or try to. I've been on stock TW for 3-4 months before I've even rooted, and now I'm still on it.
Some things are best left alone.
I'm copping that control centre. :smokin

[h1]HTC One MoDaCo Switch: dual booting GPE and Sense with one data set[/h1]

By Casey Rendon   | Jul 12 2013 | 12:05 pm  | 11 COMMENTS

screen_shot_2013-07-12_at_11.05.51_am.png

[h3]Paul O'Brien demos seamless switching between Google Play Edition and Sense software[/h3]
With the recent release  of the Google Play Edition HTC One, two software versions now exist for the same hardware: Google's 'stock' version of Android (as found on the Google Play edition), and HTC's Sense version of Android (as found on all other models). Those who are willing to unlock the bootloader on their phones and install some custom software gain the ability to switch between these two different versions of Android. Each version has its benefits and drawbacks, making staying on one exclusively a difficult decision.

Thanks to Paul O'Brien's newly developed MoDaCo Switch, users can now have their Android cake and eat it too. Visually an app like any other located in the app drawer, the MoDaCo Switch -- when pressed -- presented the user with two options: Stock (HTC Sense) or Google Play edition (AOSP). If AOSP is selected while on HTC Sense, the phone will quickly shut down and immediately reboot into the Google Play edition side of the phone.

More, and a video, after the break.

Source: MoDaCo

The killer feature of the MoDaCo Switch is that only one set of data and applications is used.

What does this mean? The Google accounts, apps, game data, and basically any other user data, is shared between the Stock side and the Google Play Edition side. Install an application  while using HTC Sense side, and that application is there when the phone is rebooted into the Google Play edition side (and vice versa). According to O'Brien, this improves on existing dual boot solutions in that there is no continual merging of data or trying to keep the two Android versions in sync.

The MoDaCo Switch will work with two of the most popular custom Android recoveries, ClockworkMod recovery and TWRP recovery. O'Brien also says that this switch has the potential to work with other custom ROMs as well, not being limited to only HTC Sense and AOSP (CyanogenMod  anyone?). The pending release of the MoDaCo Switch is to be announced on the MoDaCo website and/or Twitter feed.

Schmidt01_941-705_resize_verge_super_wide.jpg

Schmidt07_941-705_resize_verge_super_wide.jpg

Schmidt06_941-705_resize_verge_super_wide.jpg

phone looks WAY thinner than i originally thought. body looks similar to htc one, but a bit wider than the one. all white looks :pimp:. kind of torn between this and g2...will wait till both drop i guess, and go from there..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom