• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should I root my s4 I'm on the edge of rooting it or not just don't know if there's any pros and cons I'm coming from iphones so I don't really know ow how to flash roms and all that or what they do

Should I root my s4 I'm on the edge of rooting it or not just don't know if there's any pros and cons I'm coming from iphones so I don't really know ow how to flash roms and all that or what they do

The stock jelly bean roms are pretty good to be honest

i would root, though..so i could take off all the unnecessary bloat.

The stock jelly bean roms are pretty good to be honest

i would root, though..so i could take off all the unnecessary bloat.
Yeah I agree. It's worth it just to remove the bloat. If you follow the instructions properly, you really have nothing to lose.

On my phone, I rooted but kept the stock touchwiz rom for about 6 months. Then I got bored of it (and it had some major bugs that Samsung/ATT still haven't fixed) and started using cyanogenmod. Point is, even if you have no desire to to do anything drastic now, it's still worth rooting because you'll get to the point where you'll want to do extra stuff.

The only con is time spent and the possibility that you'll brick your phone. But that shouldn't be a problem if you follow the instructions carefully.

There are ZERO cons to rooting and rom'ing. Take a few minutes to read tutorials and just do it.

No prob.

I must learn how to theme :smh:

My homescreens look like crap

I'm now on carbon ROM. Thanks Monday :lol:. So far so good. Battery at 90% from listening to play music for 2 1/2 hours under regular data. No WiFi :pimp:

I'm now on carbon ROM. Thanks Monday :lol:. So far so good. Battery at 90% from listening to play music for 2 1/2 hours under regular data. No WiFi :pimp:
Wow do roms really do that much for your battery life? Mine is horrendous when I'm on constant usage which is basically Monday-Friday. I actually have a second battery that I keep in my bag in case I don't have access to outlets.

Last edited:
Nevermind I figured it out on slimbean now build 7 I do have one question though how do I screenshot now lol?

Volume down + power?

Or if you have motion enabled you can swipe across the screen with the side of your hand.

Use google. You can find your answers a lot faster than waiting for someone to reply.

Last edited:
A kernel can be a part of the rom.

Think of the kernel as an interface layer between the hardware and software on your device. The kernel decides when things happen, such as the LED indicator gets lit. An application sends a request to the operating system to blink the LED. The operating system then sends the request to the kernel, which makes the light flash for the amount of time requested by the OS.

Nope no kernel. :lol: just the one that came with the ROM with minor adjustments.

Some ROMs are a hit and miss with battery life. Just gotta try all of em. MIUI will be flashed tomorrow for experimenting.

Think of the kernel as an interface layer between the hardware and software on your device. The kernel decides when things happen, such as the LED indicator gets lit. An application sends a request to the operating system to blink the LED. The operating system then sends the request to the kernel, which makes the light flash for the amount of time requested by the OS.
I need to look into this cause my battery life is terrible. I'm talking dead in 4 hours bad.

this is from this morning :x

I need to look into this cause my battery life is terrible. I'm talking dead in 4 hours bad.

this is from this morning :x

Sorry, but :rofl:

That's pretty awful. But what's your screen on time for that? My phone dies after 3-4 hours of heavy use.

I would get BetterBatteryStats and Greenify (are you rooted?). Assuming it's not from 3+ hours of heavy use, you probably have a rogue app or process. That happens to me too from time to time. One example -- the Play Store has a glitch. Every once in a while, it'll just run constantly in the background and drain 5-10% battery per hour.

Back
Top Bottom