• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The black one doesn't have the same feel as the white one. The back seems to have some kind of matte like finish. I don't think I'm a fan of the texture and it looks like it will attracts stains and smudges easily. Gonna switch to the white one tomorrow.

As far as the case goes I did notice that it is going to crease and not stay flat, but that's not a huge deal to me. The phone feels so good I don't really want to use it without a case. I might just cope one with a bumper later on down the line as more accessories are released.

One thing I dont like is that the home and back button aren't as responsive as they were with the S3. With that, I barely had to tap it and it would respond. I'll just chalk it up to me not being used to the phone. I'll give another review after I've had it for a week.
before the dummies and demos came out, i thought id want the black. but the moment i saw the aluminum/silver one, i had to get it. the silver on the top and bottom make the screen just POP! while it seems like the black version kinda dumbs down the look of the phone and make it look kinda like...every other phone thats out there. and i meant the back middle of the case, where half is hard and the other half is softer so it can fold back on itself and stand. i heard a crease forms right were the hard and soft meet that doesnt go away. saw a few pictures and found it UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEE.

Brother, sister, nephew and bro in law all want a One now :lol: they all have Note 2's

[h1]Halo feature from Paranoid Android team demoed in video[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | May 02 2013 | 6:34 pm  | 35 COMMENTS

[h3]Facebook's Chat Heads feature taken to the next level with the Halo mod[/h3]
For many folks, half the fun of having an Android phone or tablet is hacking  the daylights out of it. For the average user, that means installing custom tweaks and ROMs. For the developer types, though, it means something different. They get inside things, and twist everything around until they get it all the way they like. Here's a great example of that.

The folks hard at work on the Paranoid Android ROM have been teasing a new feature, and today we get a four-minute glimpse of Halo.

Think Chat Heads  on steroids. It's an entirely new way of handling notifications, and it looks pretty slick. Trun it on from the status bar, and your notifications appear in a small circular icon and flyout. Tap said icon, and whatever you might be doing will pause, and a small version of the application that gave you a notification will open, allowing you to respond appropriately.

There's no public release available yet, but word is you'll soon be able to try it yourself. We'll keep an eye out for this one.

Thanks, David!

[h1]Mystery Motorola device leaked with AT&T apps on board, labeled XFON[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | May 02 2013 | 5:41 pm  | 42 COMMENTS

moto-black.jpg

[h3]Habitual leakers @evleaks have popped out yet another unannounced phone, but one we may have seen before[/h3]
We're all waiting to see what Google and Motorola show the world this year. We've got high expectations, and a little solid information about the companies goals, but nothing firm about the Android devices they will certainly bring to the table. While plenty of rumors and (often silly) speculation about the X Phone project are everywhere, here's one that's a bit more down to earth -- with pictures.

Looking very much like the mysterious Motorola phone we saw from Vietnam last month, todays leak has AT&T plastered all over it. Ignoring the AT&T carrier logo in the status bar (that's written based on the SIM card you're using), we can spy a couple of AT&T applications in the app drawer and the LTE icon matches what AT&T has been using for quite a while. 

The device is in some sort of "fake" shell so we don't get a very good look at things, but a second picture (find it after the break) shows what looks like a carbon fiber back plate -- something we're used to seeing from Motorola -- and the words XFON ATT  used for the model number. Could this be the X Phone so many are waiting for? 

Source: @evleaks

moto-back.png

LG is working with Google on another Nexus phone

Getting the Nexus 4 into customers' hands aside, the Google-LG team-up was a huge boost to the Korean manufacturer's smartphone fortunes. According to the Korea Times, [COLOR=#red]LG's now looking to repeat the magic and is already working with Google on a Nexus sequel.[/COLOR] Presumably another phone beyond that Optimus G sequel we've been promised, there's no word yet on whether we'll see any new Google-branded hardware at this year's I/O event. http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/03/korea-times-lg-is-working-with-google-on-another-nexus-phone/

[COLOR=#red]
NOOOOoooo. I was hoping that HTC got the next Nexus...THey are the OG Nexus OEM. It would be cool if Google rotated the OEM's that produced a Nexus device. Here's hoping this is false info.[/COLOR]

Motorola's upcoming phones will basically be stock Android. Probably just wont have the Nexus branding.

Heads up to Verizon note 2 owners, 4.1.2 is available. Amongst other things we're now capable of using more popular apps in the multitasking feature, youtube, Gmail, maps etc.

got my dualPRO case for the htc one. its perfect. i will recommend incipio to anyone who asked for a case from now on.

[h2]Sony shows off Triluminos display technology, hopes to compete with Super AMOLED and Retina displays[/h2]
Posted APR 30 2013  by DUSTIN KARNES  in NEWS  with 3 COMMENTS

Sony, a company who’s no stranger to new technology, has introduced a new display technology. The company revealed their new Triluminos display technology, which looks to enhance the display of devices to even beyond the likes of Super AMOLED and Retina displays.

How does it work? According to Sony, the Triluminos display technology uses quantum dots, or nanocrystalsto display information. These nanocrystals are so small that they have quantum properties, and are able to emit light at precise, preset wavelengths. The result of the whole process is a major enhancement of display factors, such as a much larger color gamut, as well as highly improved contrast and brightness.

Of course, Sony is already excited about bringing the technology to their Xperia line. According to Sony:
During the interview, the heads of Sony Philippines likewise confirmed that Triluminos display will definitely come to the Sony Xperia smartphone line. This is cool because, as of writing, Sony is still using TFT panel even in its top of the line handset releases, including Sony Xperia Z. Triluminos will be the Japanese company’s answer to display technologies being offered by other companies like Retina Display and SuperAMOLED
What do you think? Be sure to let us know in the comments.

via phonearena

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S4 commercial: Some smartphones are smarter than others[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | May 03 2013 | 7:01 pm  | 23 COMMENTS

sgs4-camera.png

[h3]Samsung shows off the Galaxy S4's features, pokes more fun at the iPhone in their latest ad[/h3]
Samsung has a new commercial for the Galaxy S4  out there, and like we saw last year with the Galaxy S3, they aren't afraid to take the fight to Apple about features. In the latest Graduation Pool Party ad, Samsung shows us hands-free features like gestures to answer a call and hovering to read a text, the admittedly awesome camera software and it's "Drama Mode" where a series of images are transmogrified into one really cool picture showing all the action, S-Beam, and the IR blaster capabilities. And at every turn, they are quick to show us that the iPhone  can't do any of them.

Samsung really wants Apple's spot in the smartphone food chain. The Galaxy S4 is poised to be the device that can get them there, taking the brand to the level where it's synonymous with the smart phone. For the folks who care about features great and small, it's clearly the current best-in-class device. Advertising can help sell products, but you have to start with a great piece of equipment to begin with, and Samsung has built a phone that people will like and want to buy -- and the ads will let the people know it's available. Hit the break where we've embedded the latest video.
[h3]Samsung Galaxy S4 review  | Samsung Galaxy S4 forums[/h3]

Its getting real bad for Apple 
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

And just when I was starting to agree that all those features are gimmicks Samsung goes ahead and provides some real life applications for them.

The hover feature doesn't seem very useful, just seems like something that they threw in because they could, and market it as if it's a useful feature.

Physically touching your phone isn't that much of a hassle.

Saw the commercial, and don't know what the 'hover' feature does, can't front some of the gimmicks are cool, but I refuse to do the contract route anymore.

just copped the htc one no contract straight cash, These phones are expensive as hell, but so worth it. Htc one is beautiful, has tons of cool new features :smoking. Time to get the accessories

The hover feature doesn't seem very useful, just seems like something that they threw in because they could, and market it as if it's a useful feature.

Physically touching your phone isn't that much of a hassle.
Actually no. It seems very useful, I could definitely use that. Im tired of having my hands dirty and my phone ringing.
I didn't understand the one with the text tho?

what samsung wont mention is that the "drama shot" idea came from htc, along with the tv controlling ir blaster. nor will they till u the air gesture only works with samsung's proprietary apps. so none of that air foolishness works with say, youtube or gmail...u kno...where ud actually wanna use it lol. gimmicks. but i tell u what... htc is stupid. they knock themselves down a notch by not listening to the public and putting the removable battery and sd slot..then they dont really advertise well either. smh

what samsung wont mention is that the "drama shot" idea came from htc, along with the tv controlling ir blaster. nor will they till u the air gesture only works with samsung's proprietary apps. so none of that air foolishness works with say, youtube or gmail...u kno...where ud actually wanna use it lol. gimmicks. but i tell u what... htc is stupid. they knock themselves down a notch by not listening to the public and putting the removable battery and sd slot..then they dont really advertise well either. smh
Just so you know the IR port is NOTHING new when it comes to being a feature on cellphones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom