Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]Guys read this:

I went to a T-Mobile store last night...the salesperson let me use the HTC One and the SGSIV to do a side by side comparison and to check out their features...Part of this narrative includes a guy who was buying an HTC One after coming from a Nexus 4 and a Galaxy Note II.

At first I was messing around with the HTC...it was as good in person as I thought it would be...BEAUTIFUL screen, excellent responsiveness, and Sense wasn't as bad as some here make it out to be....that dam camera is everything it's cracked out to be ESPECIALLY when it comes to picking up shadows and low light. The guy buying the HTC One was not too far from me and we both reveled in its glory...

To our surprise the salesman pulled out the SGSIV and handed it to me for comparison. At first glance all I could thing about was how similar it was to the SGSIII...but after turning on the screen and actually going through the features it's apparent that it's more than just an incremental upgrade. First off that dam 1080p OLED screen is so wet that it's like you can dip your finger into it. The speed and responsiveness was duly noted as well, then I did a brief feature check...loved them though I wouldn't use half of the new stuff. The guy who was buying the HTC was like wow, he was thoroughly impressed by the S4 as well, but he said he wanted to try the One for a change of pace. Oh and the camera on the S4 is just as great as the HTC One BUT in a different way and it all comes down to a matter of preference and lifestyle...I'll explain. If you are the type that takes a lot of pictures in low light and indoors then the HTC camera is superior....lifestyle wise that means if you are that type that goes to nightclubs or takes a lot of pics at night like get-togethers then the HTC wins... IF you are the type that primarily takes outdoorsy type pics or in well lit places then the S4 does a really really good job. Yes megapixels =/= quality, but the sensor on the S4 is a really good one camera phone-wise.

Basically it's exactly what I thought before I ever used the phones....that at the end of the day both phones are incredible and you can't really go wrong with either one....there is no true winner...

[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Just so you know the IR port is NOTHING new when it comes to being a feature on cellphones.

[COLOR=#red]EXACTLY!!! As a matter of fact even before cellphones were ubiquitous the IR feature was used in the Palm Pilots to beam contact info between two devices. IR ports went through a hiatus and now these generation of phones have added them back in...hardly groundbreaking tech.[/COLOR]

if the entire phone was able to be controlled via hover, like minority report, that would be cool, but it just seems like a throw in now. Definitely not a primary selling point.

s/n looking back at the first few pages of this thread is always interesting. cool to see how much progress has been made in the last few years. thread was made in '10.

Anyone familiar with the Sprint Buy Up program?  My upgrade isn't until June 27th, but I can't deal with this iPhone 4s any longer.  If I understand correctly, I can pay $50 to get my upgrade now.  Along with the Buy Up program, Sprint has a Buyback program and according to their website they'll pay me $172 for my 4s.  This means that I can get the HTC One with a new 2-year agreement for around $28, but it seems too good to be true.

Anyone familiar with the Sprint Buy Up program?  My upgrade isn't until June 27th, but I can't deal with this iPhone 4s any longer.  If I understand correctly, I can pay $50 to get my upgrade now.  Along with the Buy Up program, Sprint has a Buyback program and according to their website they'll pay me $172 for my 4s.  This means that I can get the HTC One with a new 2-year agreement for around $28, but it seems too good to be true.
its not cuz theyre locking u in for a two year contract. I bought mine because i did not want to deal with that ****, phone companies can be the largest crooks sometimes

Copping a HTC One off contract and a new Ultrabook on Wednesday technology is expensive as hell man I gotta let go of my sprint G-Nex to ease the pain pm me for details if interested .

Copping a HTC One off contract and a new Ultrabook on Wednesday technology is expensive as hell man I gotta let go of my sprint G-Nex to ease the pain pm me for details if interested .
[COLOR=#red]
Tech is only as expensive as we want it to be...keep it real most of the time we don't HAVE to upgrade...we just do because we are sheep to marketing. I don't even lie to myself anymore about it. We drop thousands of dollars needlessly on new tech that's "obsolete" in less than a year. [/COLOR]

what isnt expensive these days though?

[COLOR=#red]
Tech is only as expensive as we want it to be...keep it real most of the time we don't HAVE to upgrade...we just do because we are sheep to marketing. I don't even lie to myself anymore about it. We drop thousands of dollars needlessly on new tech that's "obsolete" in less than a year. [/COLOR]
The blatant truth

[COLOR=#red]

agreed. these days, the term "obsolete" is completely subjective. everybody knows damn well that there's no need to upgrade their gadgets, but they do it anyway.

i personally drop money on open-box/refurbished/used/clearance items that are middle- to top-of-the-line models and keep those running for at least a few years....spend now so i don't have a to spend again 1 year later.

It's funny that the phones that we rave over today, the htc ones and the s4s, will be a joke /punchline in 2-3 years and deemed ancient.

All y'all are absolutely right. But I think its getting to a point where these phones specs are getting so good that the only real technological improvements well see in the next couple years are battery life and camera quality .

Whats up with everyone on XDA complaining about the lag on the S4? Bootloader still locked too?

lag threads popping up on the ATT one http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2258
Yea I peeped that too.  Although a bunch of features and the latest, fastest hardware are cool, Samsung needs to realize that they mean NOTHING if the entire EXPERIENCE isnt up to par.  This has been what has kept most android phones behind the iPhone.  The thing I loved about my Note 2, Is that even though I modded it (just cant help it
laugh.gif
),  it didnt NEED to be modded.  It came out the box lag/glitch free, with excellent battery life.  From what i'm hearing with the S4 after users have had it for a couple days,  not so much.  Seems like the ball may have been dropped on the quality side this time.  Some people over on XDA are saying "Wait for root/ROMs and everything will be better", but when I spend $6-700 on a device, I expect it to work out of the box.  There should be no need for outside developers to HAVE TO iron out problems with a billion dollar company's product.  The extra Mods are just a plus.

While I love ROMs/Modding, most consumers (the other 90%) know nothing/couldnt care less about that stuff.  They just expect their products to WORK.

Last edited:
IDK how you bros could only use 100 min a month I thought I didnt talk much and ran through it 3 times I just went ahead and converted to Tmobiles 70 bucks Unl everything plan. the financing might come in handy in the future. I was surprised I didnt see the One in store but saw the S4.

agreed. these days, the term "obsolete" is completely subjective. everybody knows damn well that there's no need to upgrade their gadgets, but they do it anyway.

i personally drop money on open-box/refurbished/used/clearance items that are middle- to top-of-the-line models and keep those running for at least a few years....spend now so i don't have a to spend again 1 year later.

This why I buy my cellphone every 1 1/2 to 2 years and my laptop I keep for at least 4 years. Don't even know if I want to invest on a tablet since they're not a complete necessity and I don't want to keep an old tablet around.

^
I'm the same way. I don't feel the absolute need to upgrade my devices like some people do. I've had the same laptop for about 5 years now, i'll continue using it until it won't boot up anymore. I only upgrade my phone when my contract is up. I sort of forced myself to like what stuff I have and save my money up.

played with the One and S4 today. S4 really is an incremental upgrade, in the sense of experience. The One is very sweet and is a really solid phone. I was surprised at how light both phones were (especially the S4). After playing with both for about 30 minutes, they truly are the two halves of what the perfect Android phone would be. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick and might wait to see what comes in the pipeline during the summer.

If the One had a removable battery and 4.2.2, I would have picked it up today without hesitation.

Finally got the Note 2 and I have to admit it is big :lol: don't think I could go with a larger phone especially if the note 3 is supposed to be larger...I'm coming from an S3 and this thing is fast! All I need now is a nice case and I'm good. This should hold me down until Verizon decides to release the One in the next few months

If T-Mobile doesn't release a 32 GB S4 by June, I'm just gonna buy an S3. The differences between the two are slim and 16 GB is absolutely not an option for me.

The hover feature doesn't seem very useful, just seems like something that they threw in because they could, and market it as if it's a useful feature.

Physically touching your phone isn't that much of a hassle.

Not even going to lie, I felt the same way. But using it in Flipboard was nice and helpful. Hovered over the tile and got a preview without having to actually go into the topic ...

Back
Top Bottom