• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like laptops. Desktops >>>>> laptops. Sometimes I just laying in bed before I go to sleep and read comics, watch TV and movies, browse NT, etc.

I for one love watching movies on my phone, especially when I'm commuting. Just put on some headphones and viola, surround sound. It really doesn't make a difference if your screen is smaller than a TV since it's roughly the same viewing experience if you account for the distance you have between you and your TV unless you like sitting up really close.

3 years ago, I would agree that you need to have large storage of movies.

But online streaming is getting pretty good now. Also dlna can work pretty well, at least for streaming of music. Probably too choppy for video.

u put entire seasons of shows, AND hd movies, AND music...on ur phone. i never understood this mindset. the mindset of "i want every digital thing i own in one place."  i watch movies on tv's where i can appreciate them. same with tv shows. thats why im subscribed to netflix. i have like 1000 songs on my mp3 player right now. only 1-200 of them even get listened to. i just dont get it. how can u actually watch seasons and entire series of tv shows...on ur phone....over and over?

its just for bragging rights

3 years ago, I would agree that you need to have large storage of movies.

But online streaming is getting pretty good now. Also dlna can work pretty well, at least for streaming of music. Probably too choppy for video.
Im one of those that likes to store as much media as I can locally. But I strongly suggest people invest in a Slingbox. Its a godsend when you have wifi access and it works pretty good on 3G too. Every channel you have at home, access to dvr, and On Demand. They overhauled the UI recently which makes channel surfing so much better now. Best $300 I spent in a while..

When March Madness was going on, I hooked up my tablet to the big screen in the office so we could watch the games. All my coworkers were :wow: . Still cant believe my boss let me do that. We came in the next week though and the TV was gone :smh: :lol:

Why not just cop an sd card for like 20 bucks off of amazon instead of spending an extra 100-200 for a higher gb phone
Just got a 64 GB card and running low on memory. I put entire seasons and series of HD TV shows, HD movies, comic books, music, apps, books, etc. I wanted 96 or 128 GB total.

You just gonna have to swap cards :\

-----------------

1080p resolution
4.7inch + screens
8+ megapixel cameras
and y'all just want to be content with 16gb of storage and then make the people who demand more to store their content on look like weirdos.

What's the point of spending all this money on these devices if you can't enjoy them the way you want too without having to deal with crappy data caps or spotty coverage.

I understand people like to watch movies on the job and such but lets be real its not the manufactures faults you dudes are putting 100 episodes of 1080p HD tv shows on your phones, you are such a small minority that you guys cant think anyone cares when you say " so and so is gonna lose so many buyers" when you guys are such a small minority. Avg person that even has a job where they can sit and watch movies and such has wifi at their jobs or a computer where they can surf the web.

Oh, and the 16 GB will only have roughly 9 gigs straight out the box because of preloaded apps and such.

I understand people like to watch movies on the job and such but lets be real its not the manufactures faults you dudes are putting 100 episodes of 1080p HD tv shows on your phones, you are such a small minority that you guys cant think anyone cares when you say " so and so is gonna lose so many buyers" when you guys are such a small minority. Avg person that even has a job where they can sit and watch movies and such has wifi at their jobs or a computer where they can surf the web.

You haven't realized that nobody cares about any of this yet? I've seen this rebuttal 72 times in this thread. :lol: Give it a rest man. People are going to use their phones as they please. You can't possibly think that Apple/Google don't lose hella money when people choose Samsung phones specifically for the option to have expandable memory. It's apparent that they're spending their $600 with somebody else.

"It's here!"

Yet it won't ship for a week +? 

I'm really turnt off by how this has been handled. 

(speaking on the S4 btw)

This was my usage today on my note 2.

Just put TrickDroid ROM from the international One forums on my att One, hella customization and finally have the toggles in the statusbar again. I love how we can flash the international stuff to ours.

Used the s4 today.
Same **** as the s3. Just better resolution and it has a different feel to it. Not enough of a difference to warrant a change.
Will wait for the note 3 though.

I wish the new phones have headphone port on the bottom because it's cleaner when the aux cable hangs down when I put phone on vent mount in car and like to put top down into pocket.

thinking about getting the HTC one tomorrow for $200 and then sending in a phone to get the $100 credit from HTC. Most likely gonna do it since i believe tomorrow is the last day to purchase and still get the rebate. Anyone with the One already that can convince me to 100% get it? I am currently on the HTC Evo LTE and I love it, but the battery life has become atrocious. When I first got it, it used to last 20 hours with medium-heavy usage now it gets like 4-5 with the same amount of use. Everything I have read online so far sounds good on the One but just want to hear a few firsthand responses on how they like/dislike it.

thinking about getting the HTC one tomorrow for $200 and then sending in a phone to get the $100 credit from HTC. Most likely gonna do it since i believe tomorrow is the last day to purchase and still get the rebate. Anyone with the One already that can convince me to 100% get it? I am currently on the HTC Evo LTE and I love it, but the battery life has become atrocious. When I first got it, it used to last 20 hours with medium-heavy usage now it gets like 4-5 with the same amount of use. Everything I have read online so far sounds good on the One but just want to hear a few firsthand responses on how they like/dislike it.
heres some advice for life. if u ever have to be convinced into buying something...u didnt need it. and if u dont need it, u probably shouldnt buy it. i personally just got the one. i love the phone for me. go play with it tomorrow in store and if you love it...get it. simple as that

I think just answered your own question with the decline in battery life you've experienced. Unfortunately, something similar will happen to The One's battery throughout it's useful life.

im in the same boat. i WANTED the One, but still want the option to swap out the battery to a new battery when the time comes. That's the most important thing to me... so I'm gonna grab the S4 instead.

I think just answered your own question with the decline in battery life you've experienced. Unfortunately, something similar will happen to The One's battery throughout it's useful life.

For me personally i switch phones every 4 to 6 months, I couldn't care less about the battery being sealed in or not. I've never had to buy a spare battery for any phone i've had.

And to the dude wanting the One, get it its an amazing phone. I've had every Galaxy since the Captivate and while i love Sammy I have to admit HTC hit a homerun with this One.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom