Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need a decent upgrade for my Samsung Exhibit 4G

I thought about an iPhone 4, but ehh.. I think I'll stay Android. I'm not trying to spend more than around $200, but I have a little room for more if it's justified.

My current phone

It tends to lag and have memory issues with current software, so I'm looking for a decent upgrade for it.

I'm listening.
GNex on either craigslist or ebay should run you about that much. Or wait til the GSIV comes out and pick up someone's GSIII

I thought about an iPhone 4, but ehh.. I think I'll stay Android. I'm not trying to spend more than around $200, but I have a little room for more if it's justified.

My current phone

It tends to lag and have memory issues with current software, so I'm looking for a decent upgrade for it.

I'm listening.

Why don't u go for an n4? Save up or spoil yourself with that extra hundred to get into this century.

Google.com/nexus

wooooooow it looks exactly the same if those pics r correct. Smfh. What time is the event tomorrow? So at least I can see what the features are

The longer screen may not make the experience better to the eyes, but it does to the hand(s). That's the whole idea behind it.

Having a bigger, wider screen doesn't change the experience for me in a positive way. I want my phone to fit comfortably in one hand so I can text while I drive. :smh:

Texting while driving you say...

:lol: word right? ive had a lot of success with the speech to text on android. works like a charm :pimp:

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.androidcentral.com/articles/news[/URL]"]
[h1]A mystery Motorola phone leaks that's not the rumored X Phone[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand  | Mar 13 2013 | 2:55 am  | 27 Comments
motorolaxt912a.jpg

An unannounced Motorola phone has leaked out, and it really shows Google's influence over the software. Carrying the XT912A model number, the folks at the Vietnamese site Tinhte are quick to tell us that they are sure this one isn't the rumored X Phone based on the screen size, but it does have some impressive specs -- a 4-inch 720p screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (possibly better) CPU, an Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM and a 2,000mAh battery.
The back is beveled and very thin at the edges, with a non removable plastic battery cover. They also note that the speaker holes lack the precision you would see from a phone like the Lumia 920 or the HTC One X. Probably the most important thing to note is the mostly stock Android 4.2 experience the video shows us -- lock screen widgets and all. It certainly looks like a 4-inch stock Android device. That should make plenty of folks happy. There's a four minute video after the break showing it all off, be sure to have a look.
[/quote]

that joint is def bigger than 4 inch, no frank ocean. the bezels on top and bottom are smaller than my gnex. prolly the same size as n4. i like the way things are going for this google owned moto.

anyone think there is any chance of an unlocked nexus being compatible with verizon down the road?

cmon man. you're comparing the current android phones to a 3 year old phone with 3 year old software. swype/gesture typing was brand new back then and was in its initial development stages. swype, swiftkey flow and the stock 4.2 keyboard are leaps and bounds better than what you used back then.

It's not the fact that its old and the tech has probably evolved, I just didn't like that method at all. I don't see what kind of enhancements and improvements have been made to allow me to enjoy such a text input method.

Give me some examples of how it has changed though. I didn't even really think swype input took off like that.

well for one, since you like to text while driving, you can do it without looking at your phone since the predictive text/autocorrect is way better than before

My current phone

I'm listening.

Who's your service provider and are you going the contract route or unlocked and prepaid?

And is it just me...or does the fact that the first photos of this device...show it with a crack in its back seem like a bad sign of build quality? You mean to tell me, the brand new demo you have someone playing with...cracked? Really?

joint looking more like a S3+ instead of the S4...

[COLOR=#red]No doubt Phi. Kind of disappointed actually.not that a better screen, better camera, and new features wouldn't be appreciated, but this is plain lazy. They better have an amazing misdirection campaign and these leaks be false, or else HTC gonna win this round. I think the SGIV will still sell better than the HTC One, but sales don't necessarily mean better product.

If it releases looking like another SG3 then I'm changing my fonts color to yellow for an entire year...to remind myself that unless they are paying you it's stupid to have blind product loyalty :smh:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
This won't be worth grabbing over s3. I think Samsung is lazy with its industrial design. The galaxy note tab and s3 all look the same. I would say they def trying to swagger jack Apple. Be creative at least. Same with the iPhone 4s, if you have an s3, s4 ain't worth it.

These tech companies release too much in too little time without creating something new and fresh. At least the nexus phones don't come out every 12 months.

The whole "s" phone thing DOES annoy the hell out of me. Thank God I'm on product cycle where I don't fall in the s line for iPhone.

If Nexus phones were available on VZW I would really consider making that switch. But seeing how underwhelming this s4 is it seems like ill be sticking around for a little while longer.

That LG picture is seriously hilarious btw.

The whole "s" phone thing DOES annoy the hell out of me. Thank God I'm on product cycle where I don't fall in the s line for iPhone.

If Nexus phones were available on VZW I would really consider making that switch. But seeing how underwhelming this s4 is it seems like ill be sticking around for a little while longer.

That LG picture is seriously hilarious btw.

My contract has been up with Verizon since October but I am waiting to see the next iPhone, this S4, and the next Nexus phone before making my decision. I'll also wait until Verizon gets the HTC One to check that out too. Just sucks that I'll fall under the wrong cycle now haha.

My contract has been up with Verizon since October but I am waiting to see the next iPhone, this S4, and the next Nexus phone before making my decision. I'll also wait until Verizon gets the HTC One to check that out too. Just sucks that I'll fall under the wrong cycle now haha.

It does suck but at least you're smart enough to make a well educated decision about what phone you want. There's way too many people blinded by apple/android both ways to be able to decide on what they want.

I can't lie it'll be hard for me to get away from Apple simply because of iMessage and the amount of people I text having iPhones now and being on Verizon.

The HTC One is definitely changing the game though. I really, really like the hardware design and seems comfortable as hell. I just wish the s4 was a LITTLE different design wise. Well see if there's any true new software upgrades that make it appealing enough for s3 owners to consider an early upgrade. I'm excited about the announcement today regardless of my current stance on phones.

Yawn @the S3+.
Staying with my N2.
I haz disappont. I feel that the only "new features" is gonna be that eye scrolling and improved TW. Smh

Back
Top Bottom