• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cmon man. you're comparing the current android phones to a 3 year old phone with 3 year old software. swype/gesture typing was brand new back then and was in its initial development stages. swype, swiftkey flow and the stock 4.2 keyboard are leaps and bounds better than what you used back then.

This. Stock 4.2 keyboard is butter smooth. If i'm not texting in landscape mode the only way i text is by swiping.

[COLOR=#red]But dam, that phone is nearly identical to the S3. I never thought Sammy would go the whole iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S route. That s*** right there looks like the Samsung Galaxy SIII-S :lol: Companies are always so hungry and innovative...right until they start getting successful then they get all lazy. Not saying the software updates will not be welcome, but they could have changed up the externals/looks a little more than that.

What makes matters worse is that my next phone will probably be the iPhone 5S. Man I hate these incremental upgrades. As far as the actual external part of the new phones coming out, HTC wins by a mile this round...not even close. [/COLOR]

Why should samsung make a bigger/better updated phone EVERY year when allot of people got the GS3 or Note II and probably cant upgrade to the GS IV anyway??? might as well wait til the GS V for a huge update when everybody with a GSIII or Note II will be due for an upgrade.

My lock screen with a new uccw theme I made. Dropping soon.

what about the plans itself?

Depends what company you go with. Popular t-mobile plan for example is $30 a month for 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited data (roughly 5 gigs of 4g a month, throttled after that). Pay $30 a month, no extra taxes etc. As long as you have the phone just get a sim from them and set it up online once you get the sim.

Where are you seeing this?

The $30 plan is 1500 minutes or messages, with 30mb data.

The $50 is unlimited minutes and messages, with unlimited data. They throttle 4G after 100mb.

The $60 is all that but throttle after 2 GB.

The $70 is unlimited everything with no throttle.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

What the hell?

I did a one month about two months ago to test out their service but never saw that unlimited, 5 GB plan :x :x .

It says new activations only, so I can't do that anymore?

I still have my sim card from them, I just haven't refilled it (currently on Verizon, but contract ends next month). Can I just deactivate my current account and buy another sim card from them?

:nerd:

not sure :\ may want to ask here:
http://slickdeals.net/f/3377172-T-M...t-5GB-Data-100-Voice-Mins-New-Activation-Only

cmon man. you're comparing the current android phones to a 3 year old phone with 3 year old software. swype/gesture typing was brand new back then and was in its initial development stages. swype, swiftkey flow and the stock 4.2 keyboard are leaps and bounds better than what you used back then.

It's not the fact that its old and the tech has probably evolved, I just didn't like that method at all. I don't see what kind of enhancements and improvements have been made to allow me to enjoy such a text input method.

Give me some examples of how it has changed though. I didn't even really think swype input took off like that.

[h1]A mystery Motorola phone leaks that's not the rumored X Phone[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand  | Mar 13 2013 | 2:55 am  | 27 Comments

motorolaxt912a.jpg

An unannounced Motorola phone has leaked out, and it really shows Google's influence over the software. Carrying the XT912A model number, the folks at the Vietnamese site Tinhte are quick to tell us that they are sure this one isn't the rumored X Phone based on the screen size, but it does have some impressive specs -- a 4-inch 720p screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (possibly better) CPU, an Adreno 320 GPU, 2GB of RAM and a 2,000mAh battery.

The back is beveled and very thin at the edges, with a non removable plastic battery cover. They also note that the speaker holes lack the precision you would see from a phone like the Lumia 920 or the HTC One X. Probably the most important thing to note is the mostly stock Android 4.2 experience the video shows us -- lock screen widgets and all. It certainly looks like a 4-inch stock Android device. That should make plenty of folks happy. There's a four minute video after the break showing it all off, be sure to have a look.

^ While that phone is obviously a mid-tier phone, it's a nice harbinger of what to expect from the Moto\Google merger. It looks fairly stock, which is the main reason I bought a Nexus. That mid-tier phone above is hopefully a sign of things to come from them.

^ While that phone is obviously a mid-tier phone, it's a nice harbinger of what to expect from the Moto\Google merger. It looks fairly stock, which is the main reason I bought a Nexus. That mid-tier phone above is hopefully a sign of things to come from them.
The only thing that makes that phone mid range is the screen size (4.3 inch 720p) and the S4 Pro. The Andreno 320 GPU and 2 GB of RAM are all top of the line. If Google can put this on the Play Store for $250 it's over im going prepaid .

Last edited:
The only thing that makes that phone mid range is the screen size (4.3 inch 720p) and the S4 Pro. The Andreno 320 GPU and 2 GB of RAM are all top of the line. If Google can put this on the Play Store for $250 it's over im going prepaid .
+1 I honestly wouldnt mind a 4.3 inch phone especially for something that looks as nice as that around the $250 range

+1 I honestly wouldnt mind a 4.3 inch phone especially for something that looks as nice as that around the $250 range
Yeah. Even if the specs are subpar, you can afford to upgrade more often. Cracked screen? No problem, just buy a new one.

I prefer that approach over the huge long-term contract/major investment that most people do now.

Last edited:
that unnamed motorola phone looks legit...hopefully we can get some more details on it soon

[h1]News Summary: Google's top Android exec steps down[/h1]
SURPRISE MOVE: Andy Rubin, the executive in charge of Google's popular Android software, is stepping down to take an undisclosed new role at the Internet search leader.

MOBILE MAESTRO: Rubin oversaw the development of Android, an operating system now running on more than 750 million smartphones and tablet computers. His ideas helped Google extend its services and advertising sales into the increasingly mobile computing market.

NEW COMMANDER: To fill the void created by the surprise move announced Wednesday, Google Inc. appointed Sundar Pichai to oversee Android. He also is the executive in charge of Google's Chrome Web browser and operating system

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/arti...oid-exec-steps-down-4352870.php#ixzz2NTV4LXvv

eeeeek!!!!

I need a decent upgrade for my Samsung Exhibit 4G

I thought about an iPhone 4, but ehh.. I think I'll stay Android. I'm not trying to spend more than around $200, but I have a little room for more if it's justified.

My current phone

It tends to lag and have memory issues with current software, so I'm looking for a decent upgrade for it.

I'm listening.

Back
Top Bottom