• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lord, I don't care that much. I'm with Verizon and not planning on switching to that crap. Just was curious. :lol:

What noticeable changes? On a gnex right now and it's actually more than enough for my needs so i haven't felt like upgrading to anything else yet. Gonna wait on the next nexus/x phone.
Same here man. My GNex is running smoothly since the 4.2.2 update. I did a comparison test with my buddys N4. The N4 is the better phone, but not substantially better.

Any news on new tablets?

Might just bite the bullet and buy the Nexus 7 ...

at only 200 cash i really want to buy it, but apparently google is set to show the new nexus 7 this May. apparently itll still be around 200 cash. ill prolly cop then.

What noticeable changes? On a gnex right now and it's actually more than enough for my needs so i haven't felt like upgrading to anything else yet. Gonna wait on the next nexus/x phone.
Same here man. My GNex is running smoothly since the 4.2.2 update. I did a comparison test with my buddys N4. The N4 is the better phone, but not substantially better.

just updated my gnex. was on the 4.2.1 MMuzzy rom, but updating gave me new radios. runs the same. i want the N4, but im on verizon and the gnex does everything the N4 does. N4 just looks :pimp: :pimp:

Damn y'all really going in just because how the phone may look :lol:

Idk what y'all really expect at this point, all phones these days are huge screens on a slab of plastic or aluminum.

Apple wasn't lacking because of the exterior design they were lacking because of the lack of development with the software and features and ****. Plus they insisted on keeping that small *** screen till last year :lol:

You would expect the flagship phone for a company trying to continue positive momentum to bring it with a better design. At least Apple gave reasons to their design changes and what it was.

I guess case makers will be happy.

And Apple may have been slow with the software, but it always WORKED and wasn't laggy/buggy like early versions of Android were. People would skip on bigger screens to have a software that is dependable and smooth. Plus iTunes and App Store just killed it.

We shall see what the final product is Thursday. Like I said, i'm not looking to jump ship to Android, however I AM trying to see what they are offering and doing.

The GS3 was the first phone that made be look again at it. The HTC One is just making it even harder to stay away.

Last edited:
Damn y'all really going in just because how the phone may look :lol:

Idk what y'all really expect at this point, all phones these days are huge screens on a slab of plastic or aluminum.

Apple wasn't lacking because of the exterior design they were lacking because of the lack of development with the software and features and ****. Plus they insisted on keeping that small *** screen till last year :lol:

that longer screen ain't really change **** imo. doesn't improve the experience of the phone. i def buy my phone based off how it looks...not the main criteria, but i do consider it. and imo, the N4 is the best looking nexus phone so far. but at the end of the day, that software is the same either way.

The longer screen may not make the experience better to the eyes, but it does to the hand(s). That's the whole idea behind it.

Having a bigger, wider screen doesn't change the experience for me in a positive way. I want my phone to fit comfortably in one hand so I can text while I drive. :smh:

Here's my lock screen

:lol: really tho i tried to move it but apparently u cant unless u switch to a different unlock method.

what do u guys have on ur lock screens? i need some ideas to make mines a little more useful if i can

[h4]Pros[/h4]
  • Gorgeous design
  • Camera does very well in low light
  • Powerful quad-core Snapdragon 600 chip
  • Stunning 4.7-inch, 1080p display
  • Clever features like Zoe Share and Highlight Reel
[h4]Cons[/h4]
  • A few aspects of the Sense 5 UI feel like a step backward

[h4] [/h4][h4]Bottom Line[/h4]
HTC's latest flagship is the company's best effort to date. Its beautiful design, great display and solid performance have convinced us that the One is among the finest phones you can buy.
they said this about the one x series...

in the end it will come down to functionality of the software...and sense will fail for typical smartphone consumers

The longer screen may not make the experience better to the eyes, but it does to the hand(s). That's the whole idea behind it.

Having a bigger, wider screen doesn't change the experience for me in a positive way. I want my phone to fit comfortably in one hand so I can text while I drive. :smh:

Texting while driving you say...

The swype like keyboard on 4.2 or swiping on swiftkey you can text with one hand. I do it all the time on my gnex.

I had swype with the Dx and I hated it.

cmon man. you're comparing the current android phones to a 3 year old phone with 3 year old software. swype/gesture typing was brand new back then and was in its initial development stages. swype, swiftkey flow and the stock 4.2 keyboard are leaps and bounds better than what you used back then.

Last edited:
what about the plans itself?

Depends what company you go with. Popular t-mobile plan for example is $30 a month for 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited data (roughly 5 gigs of 4g a month, throttled after that). Pay $30 a month, no extra taxes etc. As long as you have the phone just get a sim from them and set it up online once you get the sim.

Where are you seeing this?

The $30 plan is 1500 minutes or messages, with 30mb data.

The $50 is unlimited minutes and messages, with unlimited data. They throttle 4G after 100mb.

The $60 is all that but throttle after 2 GB.

The $70 is unlimited everything with no throttle.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

What the hell?

I did a one month about two months ago to test out their service but never saw that unlimited, 5 GB plan :x :x .

It says new activations only, so I can't do that anymore?

I still have my sim card from them, I just haven't refilled it (currently on Verizon, but contract ends next month). Can I just deactivate my current account and buy another sim card from them?

:nerd:

getting sick of sprint. i have 4g coverage but 4g doesnt load my phone takes like 30 secs to switch back to 3g. so i just turn 4g off :smh:

Back
Top Bottom