• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Summary of the review posted earlier (cuz I know y'all NT folk don't read :lol:)

It pretty much said new Sense features is good, new processor is lighting fast, screen is beautiful, and it feels like quality product. Downside is the new camera is only average, battery life is disappointing, the new sense homescreen can be overwhelming at times.

Review is misleading, they had the phone two days from what i read and obviously they'll be using the phone A LOT to write the review thus draining the battery pretty quickly. The verge doesn't have a process to benchmark battery usage/drainage. What one reviewer claims to be a phone with good battery life might be crap to another whose a data/power user. The camera complaint is a bit of a reach to me as well. Who zooms in that much to their photos to crop. If you want quality like that buy a dslr. For 99% of people using the camera to take a picture of their dinner and throw it on facebook/instagram it'll be more than enough.

Check out this battery rundown of the one from phone arena, getting really good battery life.

If you have been worried about the sealed battery into the HTC One, fret not, as it seems to power the phone for a long time, an improvised 3rd party test indicates.

The One sports a 2300 mAh juicer, with which the phone managed the very respectable 8 hours and 32 minutes of video playback, and more than 16 hours of talk time in 3G mode. Given that any score above six hours in continuous video playback is already above the average mark, this is a pretty good achievement on HTC's part, and with a high-res Full HD screen at that.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-battery-scores-very-well-in-endurance-tests_id40704

Last edited:
^Aye brush don't shoot the messenger :lol: I was just summarizing what it said for my A.D.D. brethren.

Heard the S4 battery is 2600 mAh.. Wonder if it'll be better.

^Aye brush don't shoot the messenger :lol: I was just summarizing what it said for my A.D.D. brethren.

Heard the S4 battery is 2600 mAh.. Wonder if it'll be better.

:lol: none of that was intended at you personally. I'm just saying the verge review is a bit misleading at this point. Hell i'm the one that posted it originally just because it's one of the first reviews out for it.

Last edited:
what about the plans itself?

Depends what company you go with. Popular t-mobile plan for example is $30 a month for 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited data (roughly 5 gigs of 4g a month, throttled after that). Pay $30 a month, no extra taxes etc. As long as you have the phone just get a sim from them and set it up online once you get the sim.

Just spoke to a T-Mobile rep via chat, HTC One release planned for the 31st but might change without notice. Can't be right though cause it would completely defeat the purpose of running that trade-in program that ends on the 3/31. Guess we'll see.

All these teasers are making me less interested in the S4. Hope it can live up to the hype samsung building.

That rep is full of crap. I haven't been at work since Saturday but there hasn't been any info on when they are going to release the HTC One. Idiot was just throwing out a number to make you feel good. I have to deal with this stuff everyday, people saying a rep at their store told them they would get the iPhone by the beginning of March :smh:

Via androidcentral.com

Samsung's quite the tease lately. It's launched a campaign of bizarre teaser trailers for the upcoming Galaxy S4, but so far these have been devoid of any real information about the device. Today it's stepping things up a notch, publishing the image above on its Twitter and Facebook channels alongside a message promoting the Mar. 14 "Unpacked" event where we're all expecting to meet the Galaxy S4.

It's the outline of a phone. A phone-shaped phone. It looks a bit like the Galaxy S3, as well as a purported Galaxy S4 design that leaked out of China this morning. We're left wondering what's happened to the earpiece on this model, though.

If nothing else, the image might suggest that Samsung's sticking with the curvy "nature-inspired" design language for its 2013 handset. We'll find out for sure on Thursday evening, when Samsung unveils the Galaxy S4 in New York City.
I guess that 'test mule' proclaimed posted a few pages back isn't too far off from what looks like a final version.

Minus the earpiece and the nudge of the Samsung name, the phone is identical to the S3. Wonder what they changed, if anything.... Now I'm even more intrigued. :nerd:

I'm telling yall, it's not much more that can be changed looks wise. All of the best phones are virtually identical. All that matters is the updated features, for real.

If the S4 is going to look identical to the S3 with just hardware and software changes then I'm likely to jump ship to the HTC One from my S3.

Last edited:
So, Samsung clowns Apple users for wanting the "same device" year after year but is just packed with new features.

Then they put out a phone identical to the previous generation?

No wonder they changed up their marketing scheme.

how is 4.2 on the note 2 running?
i'm thinking about copping the note 2 and getting on the $30 tmobile prepaid after I get off Sprint
Makes TW look like this phone was on welfare.
Real buttery smooth
pimp.gif

But yea, the prepaid route is the way to go man.

Sooperhooper-i didn't either. I had to see what 4.2 was about and man...
mean.gif
someone school me on the prepaid... you gotta pay full price for the phones right?
you can buy phones off craigslist or ebay

tmobile has $30 for 100 min, unlimited data+text or $50 for unlimited everything

how is 4.2 on the note 2 running?

i'm thinking about copping the note 2 and getting on the $30 tmobile prepaid after I get off Sprint
Makes TW look like this phone was on welfare.

Real buttery smooth :pimp:

But yea, the prepaid route is the way to go man.

Sooperhooper-i didn't either. I had to see what 4.2 was about and man... :smh:
someone school me on the prepaid... you gotta pay full price for the phones right?
you can buy phones off craigslist or ebay
tmobile has $30 for 100 min, unlimited data+text or $50 for unlimited everything
i thinks its $70 for unlimited everything... thats why im thinking of jumping on the note 2 then going prepaid in oct..

Via androidcentral.com

I guess that 'test mule' proclaimed posted a few pages back isn't too far off from what looks like a final version.

[COLOR=#red]Looks like you might be right...and if true I'll be severely disappointed in Samsung. They'd be incredibly arrogant to think they can just repackage old material.
[/COLOR]

If the S4 is going to look identical to the S3 with just hardware and software changes then I'm likely to jump ship to the HTC One from my S3.

[COLOR=#red]I feel you bro. I just got hired by Apple so I was going to jump ship anyway and not buy the S4, but I was at least hoping they released a blockbuster. Now doesn't really look like it. IF they were going to do this they should have just revealed it at the MWC COnference.[/COLOR]

I mean but how much different can you make a phone look while keeping functionality?

The point is they have clowned Apple for the last few years about this. And made fun of their fans for camping.

Now they want their customers to do the same thing for their products. While rehashing hardware for improved software?

BLAH.

I'm excited to see what this GS4 has to offer, but I seriously doubt theres anything that will get me to jump ship from Apple.

[h1]Chinese 'Samsung Galaxy S4' appears in leaked video footage[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Mar 12 2013 | 5:23 am  | 47 COMMENTS

Yesterday we saw screenshots  allegedly from a dual-SIM Samsung Galaxy S4  variant destined for the China Unicom carrier. Today we're getting an even closer look at the handset in question, courtesy of a leaked video that's come to light on the same Chinese forum, 52Samsung. The footage gives us a brief hardware tour, confirming the presence of a removable back cover and battery, microSD support and -- on this model at least -- dual SIM capabilities.

Just as we saw in yesterday's leaked images, the device looks a lot like a larger Galaxy S3, and appears to be running a re-vamped version of Samsung's TouchWiz Nature UX -- although things don't appear to have changed significantly on the software side.

Check out the leaked footage above, and as always, remember Samsung's history of putting out several versions of upcoming products to keep its true intentions secret. Whatever form the Galaxy S4 eventually takes, we won't have long to wait to see the finished article. We'll be live in New York City this Thursday with full coverage of the announcement event.

Thanks @android_indian!

I need all 3 phones in my hands before i make this decision

HTC ONE
S4
Sony Z

If rumors comes to fruition about the Moto X from Google, ill pass on all 3.

Dammm you technology!!!!

I know most people are gonna root their phones, but why does Samsung insist on making TouchWiz so visually unappealing?
alien.gif

I can't wait for these phones to come out though...

If the s4 is identical I'll cop an unlocked S3 and get a pre-paid plan. 2-yr contracts are such a hustle and I'm not about that life anymore. Also, getting too old to be waiting on and besting phones like they are kicks; they're all the same exact ish at the end of the day.

How low do y'all think the S3 price will drop?

[COLOR=#red]But dam, that phone is nearly identical to the S3. I never thought Sammy would go the whole iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S route. That s*** right there looks like the Samsung Galaxy SIII-S :lol: Companies are always so hungry and innovative...right until they start getting successful then they get all lazy. Not saying the software updates will not be welcome, but they could have changed up the externals/looks a little more than that.

What makes matters worse is that my next phone will probably be the iPhone 5S. Man I hate these incremental upgrades. As far as the actual external part of the new phones coming out, HTC wins by a mile this round...not even close. [/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom