• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes me sick is cats wanna get on apple but all they talk about is design every year apple improves hardware and always has hardware that blows majority of the phones out the water until the next batch of phones drop. And the clowns are now being exposed because samsung from a hardware perspective is gonna have argubly the most powerful phone out until fall but these so called tech geeks are crying saying "man this the same phone as my gs3" and know NOTHING about the internals.

Thing is i bet if samsung would have used the exact specs of the gs3 and put it in a brand new form factor cats would be screaming "cant wait"

Lol dudes pretty much finally admitting they only care about the look and not hardware yet not too long ago they were hardware crazy. Wow

I don't get this either, majority of android users in here are huge spec fans yet they're completely dismissing the S4 simply because it looks the same. I'm gonna wait until the official unveil from Samsung before i go judging it too. If it's performance numbers and benchmarks are best in the market are you still dismissing it due to it "looking the same". There's only so much you can do for designing a phone, i mean look at apple. Has stayed pretty much the same since the first one back in 2007. Biggest change was from the 3gs to the 4 and that was what back in 2010. The 5 is wack with that anorexic looking long *** screen with no width at all. Proportions look dumb as hell on it. Yet people still line up in droves to buy it every year. Yes apple does have that cult following from their user base but still, if they can do it i don't see why samsung can't either.
I mostly agree, and I can see Samsung trying to establish a signature look and feel to their Galaxy line. But I have 2 issues:

1) I don't care how small or dumb it is, there needs to be a feature/signature to the S4 that makes it readily identifiable. I don't care if it's simply a new set of colors, a different type of brushed metal pattern on the battery cover, whatever. When someone sees an S3 sitting next to an S4, it needs to be clear which is which.

If not, then don't call this a new release and don't have a press conference. Make this like what the Skyrocket was to the S2.

I understand everyone's point about how the internals are a bigger deal, etc. But this is from a purely psychological standpoint. I had the same problem with the iphone 4S. Don't call it a new product and schedule a huge event just to announce that you updated the processor and your software (software many people want to get rid of in the first place).

2) If you don't change the phone's design, then you are implying that you think the phone is perfect already. I can tell Samsung from now, the phone is not perfect. It is very nice in many ways, but subtle enhancements can be made to make the phone better physically.

Maybe they did make these improvements and I can't appreciate them from the leaked photos. We'll soon find out...

Last edited:
Reminds me of

Man I want specs design functionality all of it. I dont wanna be shortchanged on any corner of the spectrum

What's FB trying to pull?

I forced closed and deleted the app & it stil pops back up.

Saw this on Android Community:
Facebook looks to be pushing Android app update, outside the Play Store

Facebook appears to be pushing a new update for Android users. The catch here, the update is apparently not coming from the Play Store. Based on what we are seeing, this Facebook update is talking about adding some new and seemingly expected features such as being able to change your profile picture as well as being able to download files without notification.

Yes, you did read that last bit correctly. According to the details, the update will allow the app to “download files without notification.” That is one of the device access permissions. There isn’t specific mention as to what files the app would be downloading, or why they would need to do this without your permission. The changelog however, does give some detail. It notes that you will be able to “get app updates automatically over Wi-Fi.”

We understand some may prefer to not get these automatic updates, but it appears as if you are being locked in. Brad Linder from Liliputing has stated that once you have been offered the option to download this new version, you will be reminded with notifications until you either update or remove Facebook from your phone.

As you can see from those screen captures, one of the options is to uninstall the app. Otherwise, aside from what has been mentioned, this update will also bring the option to hide stories and report spam in the News Feed and also allow for fewer taps when starting a group message. Our handsets have yet to show this update, anyone seeing it yet?

I got that yesterday....the FB thing

I didnt trust it since it wasn't coming from the play store, but it downloaded anyway, but when it tried to ask for permissions and stuff i just back out.

I mostly agree, and I can see Samsung trying to establish a signature look and feel to their Galaxy line. But I have 2 issues:

1) I don't care how small or dumb it is, there needs to be a feature/signature to the S4 that makes it readily identifiable. I don't care if it's simply a new set of colors, a different type of brushed metal pattern on the battery cover, whatever. When someone sees an S3 sitting next to an S4, it needs to be clear which is which.

If not, then don't call this a new release and don't have a press conference. Make this like what the Skyrocket was to the S2.

I understand everyone's point about how the internals are a bigger deal, etc. But this is from a purely psychological standpoint. I had the same problem with the iphone 4S. Don't call it a new product and schedule a huge event just to announce that you updated the processor and your software (software many people want to get rid of in the first place).

2) If you don't change the phone's design, then you are implying that you think the phone is perfect already. I can tell Samsung from now, the phone is not perfect. It is very nice in many ways, but subtle enhancements can be made to make the phone better physically.

Maybe they did make these improvements and I can't appreciate them from the leaked photos. We'll soon find out...

PREACH BROTHER!

NEWS
Mar 14 AT  3:38 PMTaylor Wimberly21 COMMENTS[h2]Rumor: Motorola “X Phone” brand devices will have user customizable hardware[/h2]
inShare

Outside of the Samsung Galaxy S IV and the HTC One, the rumored Motorola X Phone  is the only other smartphone that matters this year. There have been a steady stream of rumors since last year, but we still don’t have many concrete details on the project. Today an old time friend shared some inside information about Motorola’s upcoming devices, as a “nice counter” to whatever Samsung announces tonight. Read on for the full scoop.

Rumor: The Motorola “X Phone” is not just one phone, it’s their new brand to compete with Samsung’s Galaxy.

Response: This makes perfect sense. Every OEM is trying to recreate what Samsung has done with the Galaxy brand, and we would be surprised if Motorola was not working on launching a new brand.

Rumor: The first Motorola “X Phone” will be released around June.

Response: Again, no surprises here. Google is holding their annual developer conference in May, and many are expecting them to announce some new Android-powered devices. If Google and Motorola reveal the first “X Phone” in May, then it could probably ship by June.

Rumor: Motorola will guarantee at least one full Android version update after the purchase of the phone. Software updates will be delivered by Motorola, and not the carrier.

Response: Google has always talked about guaranteeing updates, but we have never seen an actual program put in place. If Motorola is putting all their resources into this program, then it shouldn’t be too hard to upgrade this year’s phone to next year’s software when it comes out. We all know that carriers slow down the software update process, so it’s nice to hear that Motorola is taking them out of the picture.

Rumor: The X line of products will be sold through an “online store” and they can be ordered from carrier retail stores.

Response: I’m going to assume that the “online store” is Google Play. It makes sense for Motorola to support the Google Play store, but we think the carriers might have something to say about selling a device where they don’t control the software. Apple has managed to pull this off so it’s not impossible, but Motorola will need to offer some kind of incentive to get the carriers on board.

Rumor: Customers will be able to customize their device. They can choose the color of the device and configure some of the hardware specs like RAM and internal storage. Motorola will guarantee your custom device will be delivered in one week.

Response: This could be the WOW feature  that Google was hinting at earlier this year. Google previously allowed some level of customizations with their Nexus One (you could engrave the back), but this is taking things to a new level. Most OEMs already let you choose the level of internal storage, but we think it would be awesome to have the ability to change around other hardware specs. This would allow consumers to essentially build their own phone, similar to how Dell or other companies let you build a PC.

Rumor: Customers can pre-load their own wallpapers, ringtones, apps, contacts, etc. before the device arrives.

Response: Sounds like someone is a fan of HTC Get Started.

Rumor: You can opt to unlock the bootloader and SIM lock to use the device on any carrier.

Response: I’m not sure how Motorola would technically pull this off, but Qualcomm and others are working on modems that should work on any US network.

Rumor: The first “X Phone” will be an octo-core device, with a full core dedicated to Motorola’s new human language system.

Response: Quite a few semiconductor companies are working on octo-core chips, so that’s no big surprise. Qualcomm has been demoing a new voice activation feature  on their Snapdragon 800 that allows users to wake up their device with a voice command. The Snapdragon 800 is coming in the second half of the year, but it’s only a quad-core CPU, so maybe our source has the number of cores wrong.

Rumor: Motorola and Google will heavily subsidize the cost of the device to attract more customers.

Response: Google is already doing this with the LG Nexus 4 sold at $299, and we have said that we expect the trend to continue.

A fully customizeable device, with the latest hardware and software, shipped without carrier crapware, and sold at an affordable price? Take my money.

sick.gif

eek.gif

Last edited:
meh, i'll believe it when i see it in regards to that customizable hardware stuff.

This. It's not that I don't believe they can do it

It's that I know they can't do it hahah not in one week... No way no how

Nike has been Id'n kicks for ten years... If they can't make my space jam Bron 9s in a week the hell google/moto gunna meet demand to millions of people with specific requirements for their devices

Cool idea tho

Last edited:
meh, i'll believe it when i see it in regards to that customizable hardware stuff.

This. It's not that I don't believe they can do it

It's that I know they can't do it hahah not in one week... No way no how

Nike has been Id'n kicks for ten years... If they can't make my space jam Bron 9s in a week the hell google/moto gunna meet demand to millions of people with specific requirements for their devices

Cool idea tho

they will probably only be able to offer a few feautures like color ram and hdd space and maybe cpu which isnt too much too ask especially if they always have inventory on deck

So I work in a T-Mobile store and on of my customer brought in a bb z10 and was like you can get android apps on this. Lmaooo that phone weak b. Y u buying a bb and gotta go thru mad **** to download android apps.

So I work in a T-Mobile store and on of my customer brought in a bb z10 and was like you can get android apps on this. Lmaooo that phone weak b. Y u buying a bb and gotta go thru mad **** to download android apps.

Reminds me of the iphone 4 vs evo video lol

HTC One, Xperia Z, LG Optimus Pro, Samsung S4, Moto X. Android is no longer collection of a cluttered mess we called phones. Props to all the big name companies. You aren't taking a lost with any of these phones. -iPhone user.:smokin

Back
Top Bottom