• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No wonder. I was confused because I didn't realize I had used maps before without location services.
I don't mind having location services on when I use maps. But I normally turn off location services when I'm not using maps, so having to turn it back on and off each time is annoying.

Yep. Annoying in more than one way.

Should the first page be updated? Do people still refer to it for general information?

For now, i left the link to XDA and a few android websites...............If anyone has suggestions on content and whatnot, hit up my inbox!

For now, im still rolling with my GSIII.............im sure ill be getting the GS IV when it releases this year, but i cant really see how it can be THAT much better without a bigger battery or 13MP camera and 2MP cam in the front or something

Can somebody give me cliff notes on rooting. I just got a Nexus so I read through the last 2 pages of this thread and I notice that rooting must be the thing to do. Never heard of it, don't know what it is or does

Can somebody give me cliff notes on rooting. I just got a Nexus so I read through the last 2 pages of this thread and I notice that rooting must be the thing to do. Never heard of it, don't know what it is or does

With the nexus idk that it's a must tho.

Should the first page be updated? Do people still refer to it for general information?
For now, i left the link to XDA and a few android websites...............If anyone has suggestions on content and whatnot, hit up my inbox!
For now, im still rolling with my GSIII.............im sure ill be getting the GS IV when it releases this year, but i cant really see how it can be THAT much better without a bigger battery or 13MP camera and 2MP cam in the front or something

I've had my GS3 since July now and I don't plan on getting the 4....i'll wait till the 5. This phone still is :smokin

The current note 2 will be re branded as the gs4 and the current Galaxy tab 7 will add a stylus and become the note 3. Voilà.

Last edited:
The current note 2 will be re branded as the gs4 and the current Galaxy tab 7 will add a stylus and become the note 3. Voilà.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

right

idk though........i think the screen sizes stay the same, but speed, cam, battery`s all change. The GSIII is near perfect besides the lackluset camera........i have absolutely no complaints.

I haven't looked at page 1 for a while but I did when I first got my phone. xda and list of useful apps is good. Perhaps a quick primer on rooting, custom roms/kernels/themes/launchers/flashing/etc? Maybe a list of NT member experts who are willing to answer questions over PM (if any such members exist)?

edit: ^ will the GS4 get a 5" screen with 1920x1080 resolution? hopefully they can reduce the bezel and thickness to offset the bigger screen.

Last edited:
it's about that time again.. upgrade time for verizon, i'm really not sure what to get tho i was thinking about picking up that note 2 but i'm hearing the SG4 is on it's way in a few months.. anyone have any info on this ? when is it supposed to be coming out 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
If I'm in contract and want to trade my phone with someone else all I have to do is take the SIM card out right and reste everything? I'm a newb at this because I'm planning on trading the mighty iphone 5 for the one x plus with someone of Craigslist

Yup. Assuming its AT&T. But I dont think the One X plus takes nano sim cards. Might have to get a new sim at AT&T

OK my phone quad core and it's smooth as fuuuu... how many cores do we really need? lol

Damn. Samsung just announced an 8 core mobile chip
[h1]Samsung announces the 8-core Exynos 5 Octa mobile processor[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | Jan 09 2013 | 1:20 pm  | 51 COMMENTS

samsung_booth_ifa2012_3.jpg

Not to be outdone by NVIDIA's Tegra 4  announcement, or Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800  news, Samsung has announced the Exynos 5 Octa. It's an octa-core CPU that was designed with low power mobile devices in mind and usesARM's big.LITTLE processing.

What that means, is that there are two groups of four cores that can run at any given time. When performance is needed, four Cortex A15 cores can handle the heavy lifting, and when doing more common tasks, you have four Cortex A7 cores to take care of things.

Because it's using this strategy, this chip is more suitable form small form factor devices like phones. Samsung says this tech will allow the chip to use up to 70-percent less power than a traditional quad-core A15 SoC, or even a dual core Exynos 5 like the one seen in the Nexus 10.

We may not have received the Galaxy S4 news everyone was wanting, but this may be even better. Expect to see this chip make it's way into tablets, Chromebooks, and phones this year. 

[h1]Mitts on with the almighty Android oven[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jan 08 2013 | 10:46 pm  | 35 COMMENTS

dacor-oven.jpg

Forget Tegra 4 and its its 72 GPUs. Forget NVIDIA's Project Shield handheld gaming console. Hell, forget Sony's beautiful 4K televisions and its also-impressive new Xperia Z smarpthone. No, this is what everyone's buzzing about here at CES in beautiful Las Vegas, where dreams are made, fortunes are won and lost.

The Android oven.

Yes. It's an oven. That you cook food in. And it's running Android. Not for the heat, mind you. That's silly. It's a relatively normal (if stylish) convection oven, just like mom uses to make your banana bread. (I've had your mom's banana bread, and it's great.) Only, yeah. This one's got an Android brain inside it that, well, runs Android. It'll run Android apps, yeah, but the real purpose for all this is that it'll walk you through the cooking process, and send you alerts when it's time to baste the turkey. That's pretty much what connected devices have done for the past year, but this one's making all the noise this week here in Vegas. So there.

We've got some video after the break for you Android-oven-loving fans out there. Namaste.

[h1]Mitts on with the almighty Android oven[/h1]

By Alex Dobie
  | Jan 08 2013 | 10:46 pm  | 35 COMMENTS

dacor-oven.jpg

Forget Tegra 4 and its its 72 GPUs. Forget NVIDIA's Project Shield handheld gaming console. Hell, forget Sony's beautiful 4K televisions and its also-impressive new Xperia Z smarpthone. No, this is what everyone's buzzing about here at CES in beautiful Las Vegas, where dreams are made, fortunes are won and lost.

The Android oven.

Yes. It's an oven. That you cook food in. And it's running Android. Not for the heat, mind you. That's silly. It's a relatively normal (if stylish) convection oven, just like mom uses to make your banana bread. (I've had your mom's banana bread, and it's great.) Only, yeah. This one's got an Android brain inside it that, well, runs Android. It'll run Android apps, yeah, but the real purpose for all this is that it'll walk you through the cooking process, and send you alerts when it's time to baste the turkey. That's pretty much what connected devices have done for the past year, but this one's making all the noise this week here in Vegas. So there.

We've got some video after the break for you Android-oven-loving fans out there. Namaste.
I Want an android toilet tho...

Back
Top Bottom