• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All these people asking about what rom, etc ..

Just try them all and see for yourself. That's honestly the best way.

no, this isn't xda.
that generic response ain't flying here.

tumblr_mfeze8XANs1rdts0ro1_500.gif

Last edited:
Xperia z looks so damn good cant wait for it to drop already

Hopefully this thing comes to AT&T and has good dev support. That way I can get stock Android with even more features with roms like CM. And hopefully we won't have to jump through hoops to unlock the bootloader. If that's the case, it'll lessen the blow if UPS doesn't come through with the shipment of my phone

Hopefully sprint gets it but i dont think they have gotten any xperia device :smh:

On TMobile, been using the SG2 for awhile now, that **** broke now I've been using this Samsung flip phone form years ago 8). Think im eligible for an upgrade... Probably gonna go grab the SG3. Are there any other phones coming out for TMO in the near future I should check for? When is the SG4 supposed to drop?

:pimp: to Vizio for being the first non nexus manufacturer to realize stock android is they way to go
that 7 inch better be like $150 tho

[h1]NVIDIA announces Tegra 4 processor with 4G LTE[/h1]

By Simon Sage   | Jan 07 2013 | 12:04 am  | 19 COMMENTS

img_0013.jpg

Today at CES 2013, NVIDIA announces the Tegra 4 processor, which features 72 GPU cores, 4 A15 CPU cores, and a 4G LTE processor. What does that mean in practical terms? 27 seconds to load 25 unique web pages (versus 50 seconds on a Nexus 10). NVIDIA claims browsing is even faster at browsing the web than the iPad 4, Droid DNA, and Kindle Fire HD.

Another utility is in photography. NVIDIA showed off the Tegra 4 processor handling HDR photography better than the iPhone 5, which takes two seconds to process (compared to the Tegra 4's 0.2 seconds). They demoed on stage a prototype Windows tablet being able to process a live view of HDR photography, complete with a comparison slider. The overall idea here is that every shot is an HDR shot, but Tegra 4 will also enable strobe motion, 3D reconstruction, and object tracking. Here's how they're architecting photography and a full press release.

• img_8554.jpg
  • nvidia-ces-1-3_1.jpg
  • nvidia-ces-1-4_0.jpg
  • nvidia-ces-1-5_0.jpg
  • nvidia-ces-1-6.jpg

« previous  | next »

img_8554.jpg

NVIDIA Introduces World’s Fastest Mobile Processor

Tegra 4 Features 72 Custom GPU Cores, Quad-Core Cortex-A15 CPU for Superb Performance and Efficiency; LTE Enabled with Optional Chipset

LAS VEGAS—CES—Jan. 6, 2013—NVIDIA today introduced NVIDIA[emoji]174[/emoji] Tegra[emoji]174[/emoji] 4  , the world’s fastest mobile processor, with record-setting performance and battery life to flawlessly power smartphones and tablets, gaming devices, auto infotainment and navigation systems, and PCs.

Tegra 4 offers exceptional graphics processing, with lightning-fast web browsing, stunning visuals and new camera capabilities through computational photography.

Previously codenamed “Wayne,” Tegra 4 features 72 custom NVIDIA GeForce[emoji]8482[/emoji] GPU  cores – or six times the GPU horsepower of Tegra 3 – which deliver more realistic gaming experiences and higher resolution displays. It includes the first quad-core application of ARM’s most advanced CPU core, the Cortex-A15, which delivers 2.6x faster web browsing and breakthrough performance for apps.

Tegra 4 also enables worldwide 4G LTE voice and data support through an optional chipset, the fifth-generation NVIDIA Icera[emoji]174[/emoji] i500 processor. More efficient and 40 percent the size of conventional modems, i500 delivers four times the processing capability of its predecessor.

“Tegra 4 provides enormous processing power and efficiency to power smartphones and tablets, gaming devices, auto systems and PCs,” said Phil Carmack, senior vice president of the Tegra business at NVIDIA. ”Its new capabilities, particularly in the area of computational photography, will help improve a whole range of existing products and lead to the creation of exciting new ones.”

Computational Photography Capability

Among the Tegra 4 processor’s breakthroughs is its Computational Photography Architecture, which automatically delivers high dynamic range (HDR) photos and video by fusing together the processing power of the GPU, CPU and the camera’s image-signal processor.

Its HDR capability captures images, including those taken with a flash, the way they are seen by the human eye – with detail in both bright and dark areas.

Unprecedented Power Efficiency

Designed for maximum energy efficiency, Tegra 4 includes a second-generation battery saver core for low power during standard use, and PRISM 2 Display technology to reduce backlight power while delivering superior visuals.

Tegra 4 consumes up to 45 percent less power than its predecessor, Tegra 3, in common use cases. And it enables up to 14 hours of HD video playback on phones.

Tegra 4 Key Features

·         - GeForce GPU with 72 custom cores

·         - Quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, plus a 2[sup]nd[/sup]  Generation Battery Saver Core

·         - Computational Photography Architecture

·         - LTE capability with optional Icera i500 chipset

·         - 4K ultra-high-def video support

Lol there are always like 5 of the best ROM on the first page and they always say how they are running in the description. It takes 30 seconds to flash a ROM. Just back up your apps.

Sony has a nice little group of developers lately on XDA ...SONY Phone are
pimp.gif
...i was hoping the Nexus 4 was developed by Sony instead of LG to be honest

[h2]First Ubuntu Phone OS download for Galaxy Nexus to be available in February[/h2]
inShare

At a press event held in London last week, Canonical unveiled the next big thing for the Linux-based Ubuntu: a smartphone operating system. Demoed on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the operating system wasn’t complete, but early hands-on reports were positive. Today, it has been announced that the first installable download of Ubuntu Phone OS is going to be released in February.

It still won’t be feature complete, but in just over a month from now, Galaxy Nexus owners with a mind for tinkering will be able to experience their first encounter with Ubuntu for phones. It’s not said if the first release will include the Ubuntu app store or voice actions missing during the unveiling of the platform, but you can be sure the essentials (dialing and messaging) will be fully functional.

As one of the most widely used Linux distributions in world, it’s hard to imagine Ubuntu Phone OS not making a splash. It may be a little late to topple the empire Google has built with Android, but I’m sure it will have its following. If you have a Galaxy Nexus laying around, will you be installing Ubuntu Phone OS? Let us know in the comments.

that sony is nice, too bad it's going to be so expensive. kind of out of the question for me to spend 800 on a phone. especially since i break or lose at least one a year.

[COLOR=#red]Liquipel, it's an internal nano coating that protects the internals from submersion in liquids. Cost $60. Only thing that sucks is that you have to send it in to the company. Takes two days from the time you send it till the time you get it back. If you dropped your phone into a pool provided you got it out before being submerged too long it will still work fine.[/COLOR]

What's up with google maps requiring location services to be on when navigating? WTH is that crap. It used to work fine with GPS on and location services off. Google is getting way too controlling now. I've used Android from the G1 to the Note 2, this may be where I switch to another system.

What's up with google maps requiring location services to be on when navigating? WTH is that crap. It used to work fine with GPS on and location services off. Google is getting way too controlling now. I've used Android from the G1 to the Note 2, this may be where I switch to another system.
No wonder. I was confused because I didn't realize I had used maps before without location services.

I don't mind having location services on when I use maps. But I normally turn off location services when I'm not using maps, so having to turn it back on and off each time is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom