• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I used it sparingly but damm this thing last longer than any smartphone i had even with the extra fat batteries. Its stupid fast on any task i through at it. :smh:

Google+ Communities start rolling out – time to join a group

Google announced a lot of information today regarding their popular and growing social network Google+. Stating they have passed over 500 million users and around 235m active users. Pretty impressive numbers to say the least. The other big news was Google+ Communities, which is their answer to Facebook Groups. Below we’ll go into a few details as well as let you enjoy the neat little video they’ve put together.

The problem was having groups you could share and communicate with friends either private or public. Now all your like-minded friends can start communities (like an Android one) make it public or private, have moderators and more. This brings that level of detail and control to the social network that we’ve been waiting for so patiently.

Communities or groups is pretty self explanatory. You can share news, details, pictures, video and more publicly to everyone, or private only to members of that community. Something that has been missing for far too long with Google+ and its open world for everyone to peek in. Google’s added hangout video chats, gallery support as well as YouTube integration and much more. You have everything available for the community to enjoy.

“Facebook most generally is about the people you already know, about your real world connections” Google’s Brad Horowitz said of Google+ Communities’ rivals. “On Twitter, well it’s really hard to have a meaningful conversation in 140-character snippets.” According to Horowitz, the new feature is all about “making it easy to find your tribe.”

Head to Google+ today to check out and join communities by hitting the Community tab on the left side of the page. You’ll be entered into a world of friends and common interests. Google said this is a “preview” for now, and we can expect full integration and support on mobile sometime soon. Give it a try folks!

So who's gonna make that NT Community¿ :smile:

Anyone with a Nexus 4 on AT&T? How does going about getting a new sim card work for the N4 since its not an AT&T phone? I read that you should give them the IMEI number of another phone, but isn't that illegal? Or is it totally fine?

I just used my S3 sim and put it in, just go and ask for a micro sim with LTE on it and say you have a galaxy s 3 at home or something.

My body was ready for Vice City but these clowns dropped the ball. I bought an avocado turkey sandwich instead. See you fools @ Rockstar when you drop it to 99 cents.

Got my Nexus 4. Best Android phone I've had so far hands down. Just works how you want it to right out of the box.

Edit: Does anyone know when the re-stock of bumpers are going to be? This glass scares me, don't want to drop this bad boy.

Last edited:
Got it going. :nthat:
-Drew

Loyal swype user for 3 years here. Had SwiftKey on my phone for years free from amazon but needed that say swype feel. But then the latest swype started giving me problems. Liking this so far though. How do I use quote marks though?

Got my Nexus 4. Best Android phone I've had so far hands down. Just works how you want it to right out of the box.

Edit: Does anyone know when the re-stock of bumpers are going to be? This glass scares me, don't want to drop this bad boy.

i know that feel bro. i bought a case on ebay for $4 until the bumpers come back. nobody knows when it's coming back.

-Drew

Loyal swype user for 3 years here. Had SwiftKey on my phone for years free from amazon but needed that say swype feel. But then the latest swype started giving me problems. Liking this so far though. How do I use quote marks though?

i was a longtime swype user, then jumped to swiftkey for half a year, then jumped back to swype for a few months. i just got a nexus 4 and i'm really liking the stock android keyboard with the swype feature. i'm probably going to keep it until swiftkey comes out with an official release with gestures.

Last edited:
Gentlemen.

The wifey picked up a new phone and I told her I would stay (mostly) out of the decision to buy. She picked the iPhone 5, which is fine, except that I want her to stick w/ Android :lol:
Why? I know couples who use different mobile os's and they still get along most of the time. :lol:

But I did notice a lot of couples use the same phone or os.

Why? I know couples who use different mobile os's and they still get along most of the time. :lol:

haha I know, my brother deals with it...

just my preference. I'm a selfish man in regards to tech haha

Gentlemen.

The wifey picked up a new phone and I told her I would stay (mostly) out of the decision to buy. She picked the iPhone 5, which is fine, except that I want her to stick w/ Android :lol:

lol. this sounds like mixed-race marriages: "son, sure, mixed race couples have a chance, bu you'll be happier if you find someone of the same race."

OSism is the new racism. :lol:

-Drew

I've been a Swype user for 3 years too. I've been using the new beta, but decided to try out Flow. I'm still messing with it too, trying to figure out how everything works.

how is that samsung galaxy SIII? I need to upgrade from my mytouch 3g and was wondering whats the best option?

Finally eligible for an upgrade from this SII (which has yet to give me any major problems) and tryna decide if I wanna Nexus 4 or Note 2. Think imma skip the SIII wave. Or should I just wait it out till something else drops. Im T-Mobile btw.

Note 2 it is then. I said that because he seemed unsure and I would get a S3 and throw CM10 on it before I got a Nexus. That is just me tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom