• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somewhat off-topic, but if anybody is trying to figure out what service provider they should get take a look at Sensorly.com.

Their coverage maps are actually made by users and not the service providers and are updated every time somebody uses the app and tracks their coverage.

It's a great way to find out what provider has the best coverage at your house, job, etc.

It really is............i hate having to stop the music to get on the phone. I also hate when text message notifications come though and the sound plays over the car speakers.
Only thing about it is that they havent updated it to the newest version of android...........I dont know WHY because they dont have to wait for carriers to approve it, they just build from the source and push it out online to the public..
But im guessing its all a ploy to make you spend money on the newest version. (if there is such a thing)

I wouldnt even be worried about the OS though, but I~m just gonna ride it out till the time comes

Y'all talking bout 18-30mb/sec, I ran a speedtest.net on Sprint in Fort Sill where it shows that you are in 4g... 1.88mb/s was the fastest after a few tries. And I was typically satisfied with Sprint speeds, but then I swing by FedEx and get my Galaxy Note 2, clearly a million times faster.

But how do I get Java and Flash on it, so I can run another speedtest.net in Skyfire?

Google + is a major sausage fest.

I get my Note 2 from FedEx tomorrow. I'm excited, went ahead and switched to Verizon since their LTE 4g is supposed to be faster than Sprint's here (Oklahoma). What are some good accessories? Normally I would be all on eBay on the .01 + free shipping ones but I can't use paypal because of a still pending resolution case.

20%-sertea u can use this on all samsung accessories from their site.

i have the usb host adapter and looking to buy the hdmi one next

Y'all talking bout 18-30mb/sec, I ran a speedtest.net on Sprint in Fort Sill where it shows that you are in 4g... 1.88mb/s was the fastest after a few tries. And I was typically satisfied with Sprint speeds, but then I swing by FedEx and get my Galaxy Note 2, clearly a million times faster.
But how do I get Java and Flash on it, so I can run another speedtest.net in Skyfire?

Sprint has the worst LTE bands, VZW has the best and largest footprint, ATT is next .

Sprint has the worst LTE bands, VZW has the best and largest footprint, ATT is next .
Just ran a check on that Sensorly app malikdagoat recommended at my house ( I live in the extra boonies) 17.82 down, 2.3 up for Verizon, 1.14 down 0.34 up for Sprint. So I made the right decision.
Very true.

AT&T don't even be getting service if you're inside a building in downtown DC ...so options are limited around these parts
That'll be my next test. I work in a basement on a Military base, so can I get reception down there. A lot of people, At&t I remember usually, can't even get reception inside those buildings much less in the basement of them.

Sprint Photon 4g and Evo 4g going on Craigslist immediately

Last edited:
Very true.
AT&T don't even be getting service if you're inside a building in downtown DC ...so options are limited around these parts :lol:

I use to work for VZW and seen maps off all the LTE they own and Spectrum ATT owns, ATT only bought spectrum in big cities for LTE and are gonna use the HSPA+ for country towns so its cheaper and they can still claim to have the largest footprint of "4g" VZW LITERALLY owns enough LTE spectrum to blanket the entire country LITERALLY, Sprint and Tmobile are just making desperate moves to keep up look har far behind they are. Once VoLTE becomes official its a wrap, I just want to see how companies will re do their rate plans so technically there is no such thing as minutes because it will all be data.

Sprint like I said gets the job done, but it cant compare to VZW, idk how people claim its cheaper anyways if I moved my 3 lines from VZW to them it was gonna be more expensive even with my work discounts, an folks ignore the 10 dollar 4g fee they charge too for data.
But if you have 1 line then thats another story.

better off getting a refurb ipod touch from apple rather than those pos galaxy players unless you can get one for really cheap.
if i remember correctly they couldnt manage to fit touchwiz & 4.0 into the rom so they decided to leave them with 2.3. only the 5.8 has 4.0 & it looks like thats never coming to america.

I mean, its not a big deal because it doesnt change the way it SOUNDS, and i use poweramp pro anyway, not the stock music app.

Hell, the mere fact that i dont have to sync with iTunes AND it has removable storage is reason enough..............drag, drop and disconnect.......simple as pie.

just figured i'd mention it since im fairly certain he uses itunes & a 64gb ipod touch for $230 is better imo than a 8gb 4.0,4.2, or 5.0 for $180-200 + more $ for microSD. Especially if you have playlist. :smh:
The 3.6 might be more tempting @ $120 @ besstbuy :\

just figured i'd mention it since im fairly certain he uses itunes & a 64gb ipod touch for $230 is better imo than a 8gb 4.0,4.2, or 5.0 for $180-200 + more $ for microSD. Especially if you have playlist. :smh:
The 3.6 might be more tempting @ $120 @ besstbuy :\

to be honest I wish they would just revamp the ipod classic, because Id want my ENITRE library with me and not just playlist, and yes I use itunes

Would the main differences between the N2 and GS3 be the screen size? Is there a huge difference as far as processing speed goes?

Last edited:
Anyone that ordered the Nexus 4 on the 27th, did you get a tracking number yet and is it showing up in the UPS system?

We got ourselves a regular old Poppin Pete in here.
:pimp:

Are we able to chat together through Google+ or anything, sort of like how Blackberry has BBM. I'm going to share everything with you Wally. RaWeX is going to be alone with his #poor BB.
:nerd:

RaWeX still has a BB? I'll buy him a N4 myself.

We could set up something on Google+. I've lost touch with a lot of the lpc group and wouldn't mind catching up.

I get my Note 2 from FedEx tomorrow. I'm excited, went ahead and switched to Verizon since their LTE 4g is supposed to be faster than Sprint's here (Oklahoma). What are some good accessories? Normally I would be all on eBay on the .01 + free shipping ones but I can't use paypal because of a still pending resolution case.

You do the discount thing?

You do the discount thing?
How do I get it? I went to the discount page and put in my @us.army.mil and it sent me a link to click to verify but nothing else happened after I did. I'm scared of having a cap on my data though, I've already been watching videos all day marvelling at the no buffering and screen quality.

Last edited:
Does anyone find 4.2 buggy on the GNex?

Very buggy

The first 4.2 update wasn't bad except it would take 5 or 6 flicks to get to the 2 widget screens on the lock screen.

On Wednesday I got a 4.2.1 update and omg its been bad! Google.com just keeps refreshing itself and makes it impossible to navigate or use the address bar. Browser has been crashing a lot, still have the lock screen problem (isn't as bad though) anda couple of other minor hiccups.

Hopefully Google gets everything straightened out, I figured android would get better but for me 4.1 was a more stable os

Very buggy
The first 4.2 update wasn't bad except it would take 5 or 6 flicks to get to the 2 widget screens on the lock screen.
On Wednesday I got a 4.2.1 update and omg its been bad! Google.com just keeps refreshing itself and makes it impossible to navigate or use the address bar. Browser has been crashing a lot, still have the lock screen problem (isn't as bad though) anda couple of other minor hiccups.
Hopefully Google gets everything straightened out, I figured android would get better but for me 4.1 was a more stable os

I guess this is why it takes the vendor longer to push updates. Could you imagine the amount of support calls generated from updates straight from Google?

I guess this is why it takes the vendor longer to push updates. Could you imagine the amount of support calls generated from updates straight from Google?

exactly which is why I laugh at when nimrods cry about carriers holding updates. The Carriers are the ones who have to deal with irate customers not google.

Back
Top Bottom