• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The DLX is what I've been waiting on. No mention of a micro sd card is a deal breaker.
Note 2 still looking like the best option. Still keeping my eye on it though

Google reportedly set to announce 10-inch high-res Samsung Nexus tablet with Android 4.2

By Aaron Souppouris on October 21, 2012 10:53 am Email @AaronIsSocial 260COMMENTS

inShare

Google and Samsung will announce a new 10-inch tablet codenamed "Manta" at its October 29th event, according to The Next Web. If the sites unnamed sources are to be believed the Manta will feature a 10-inch 2560 x 1600 display with an iPad-beating pixel density of around 300ppi. The tablet, which if real will likely be released as the Nexus 10, will reportedly be sold alongside the existing Asus Nexus 7 and new LG Nexus 4 as part of a multi-manufacturer Nexus program. There aren't any further details on the purported Nexus 10; processor and pricing will be key to the tablet's success.

At the same event, Google will announce a slight refresh to its Nexus 7 line, bringing HSPA+ 3G connectivity to the tablet for the first time, as well as the now-confirmed internal storage bump. The Next Web also reports that both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 will launch with an updated OS, Android 4.2. It named "content in the center" (a new Play Store Widget), "Tablet Sharing" (multiple user accounts on one device), and horizontal and vertical panoramic photo capture as headline features for the new OS. It's not clear if Google will release 4.2 under a new codename or if it will still be named Jelly Bean. Although, as with any rumor, these details should be taken with a pinch of salt, The Next Web seems pretty certain that its sources are accurate.

Google should work with big-name developers to put out some quality tablet apps, Android is really lacking in that regard. If the Nexus 10 rumor is true, the only advantage the iPad will have is its ecosystem.

I'm not sure how he's still getting a repalcement, but he probably already filed a claim with insurance and since it's non refundable got stuck.
So you think $250 is a decent price for it brand new with the box and everything and he's picking it up from the Sprint Store and everything?

Just make sure your handed a phone with a clean ESN. The replacement is not new its refurbished, insurance rarely gives you brand new. The price is good.

for the ppl getting a note 2 are u guys up for a new contract??

Yup. My contract was up early June.
I've been watching my data for the last few months and turns out I never go over 2gbs a month so I'm just buying the next phone on contract and giving up my unlimited data.

Any word yet on when Verizon is releasing the Note II? I saw some of the other carriers are getting it this week.

im not eligible for upgrade until next July. im just going to sell my GS3 with all the phone accessories for around $425 or so on Craigslist.

and ill just pay the out of contract difference.

im not eligible for upgrade until next July. im just going to sell my GS3 with all the phone accessories for around $425 or so on Craigslist.

and ill just pay the out of contract difference.

i was thinking of doing this but im expecting it to be 5 or 6 hunnid without contract from someone on CL orebay

[COLOR=#red]I may just sell my 64 GB iPad 3 for the Nexus 10. Only reason why I'd be hesitant is because the iPad has a nice selection of tablet optimized apps.

Hey Nexus 7 owners...how would you say the app selection is for Tablet apps? Not phone apps that have been ported to be tablet apps, but the ones created for the Tabs?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I may just sell my 64 GB iPad 3 for the Nexus 10. Only reason why I'd be hesitant is because the iPad has a nice selection of tablet optimized apps.

Hey Nexus 7 owners...how would you say the app selection is for Tablet apps? Not phone apps that have been ported to be tablet apps, but the ones created for the Tabs?[/COLOR]

wut tablet apps?
besides gmail
:smh: still not sure why the nexus 7 cant preload youtube videos

The DLX is what I've been waiting on. No mention of a micro sd card is a deal breaker.
Note 2 still looking like the best option. Still keeping my eye on it though
Yeah I don't think I'd have a problem with it if the battery was at least removable. Might wait it out until official Nexus info but its looking like the S3 is a go for me.

This is the Verizon HTC DLX

htc-verozon-1.jpg

Verizon appears poised to bring HTC's first 5-inch Android smartphone to the U.S.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the HTC DLX for Verizon. A few rumored details recently emerged about this upcoming (and as yet unannounced Android smartphone, and tonight we're able to bring you the first pictures.

The HTC DLX (pronounced like "deluxe," we're told) is notable for several reasons. For one, it will (assuming it comes to market; that's not always a given) be Verizon's first HTC One smartphone since the line was announced at Mobile World Congress way back in February in Barcelona. That the United States' largest carrier didn't pick up any of the three devices announced then has been a sore spot for months.

Then there's the size. Along with the Japan-exclusive HTC J Butterfly, the HTC DLX marks the manufacturer's first foray into the 5-inch display category, known to some as "ridiculously large." But consider our curiosity piqued, our appetite whetted. We -- and you folks as well, we know - have been waiting on Verizon to sport new HTC kit for the better part of a year now.

Enough preamble. We've got more pictures, specs and a few thoughts after the break.

To recap: We recently saw some specs tweeted by fan favorite Football, and we're looking at a full 1080p HD display, apparently confirmed by another of our pics below. No surprise as to the screen resolution. Anything less would be laughed out of the room. Our source says the display is beautiful, so we'll presume Super LCD 2, which HTC's been using in a number of phones.

The camera specs we have listed on our picture don't quite match up though -- ours says 8 megapixels, Football's leaked specs note 12 megapixels out back. (HTC's 8MP camera on the One X is so damn good, though, we might not care about one over the other.) The leaked specs and our pic align at 2 megapixels on the rear camera.

htc-verizon-2.jpg

Football's leak of a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor (running at 1.5 GHz) appears solid, though our pic only says "quadcore." That's a fairly safe tech bet though. Our pic shows 2 gigabytes of "memory," which we'll consider to be RAM.

Our source notes 16 gigabytes of on-board storage (same as the leak), and the rumored 2500 mAh battery is not removable. (No surprise there, either.)

Our source also says the back is reminiscent of the Droid Incredible 2, so figure soft-touch over polycarbonate. Visually, we're seeing the same dark red highlights Verizon has used for years, including on the camera housing, bezel and volume rocker. The rear speaker has the same design as the One X. Also of note: We're told the power button is centered on the top bezel, not off to one side like on most HTC phones. (It's not visible in our photos.)

The Verizon HTC DLX has physical buttons. If you were hoping otherwise, it's not happening. HTC has them in its usual back-home-recent apps configuration.

htc-verizon-3.jpg

Software wise, this guy's got Android 4.1.1, with Sense 4+ (see our hands-on), same as what was just announced on the HTC One X+, and what are scheduled to hit existing HTC One devices this month. Note that Beats Audio is on board, as you'd expect. Note the 4G LTE logo as well, not that it's a surprise.

So there's that. Nothing official from Verizon or HTC on this one yet, so keep that in the back of your heads, but we're told this may see a launch around Thanksgiving. One way or another, this one's got us a wee bit excited.

1080p 5" Display
Quad-core processor
2gb of RAM
4G LTE
& ONLY
2,500 mah non-removable
Battery life is gonna be a problem....

I think I'll pass on any Verizon x HTC firsts.

Last edited:
I really wish Verizon would stop with the branding on its phones or at least keep it very small. They also like to add annoying Verizon bloatware.

I really wish Verizon would stop with the branding on its phones or at least keep it very small. They also like to add annoying Verizon bloatware.

[COLOR=#red]Of course they are going to brand. What company doesn't brand? No big deal. Bloatware can be hidden or removed. Again no big deal. No more truly unlimited data plans when phones have more data throughput than ever...BIG F*****G Deal.[/COLOR]

I will post a quick review and a screenshot of the RAZR Maxx HD's battery life in a couple of days
If you are looking for a exceptional all around phone with great battery life don't sleep on this phone!

If you looking to copp a sd card and hopefully the phone you do get or have has a sd card slot.
sandisk-amazon-deals.png

BUY HERE

Repped.

I still have the 32gig from my charge im using n my s3 now but ive been thinkin about snaggin another as this one is perpetually full... ( the complete wire series is on it) lol

If you looking to copp a sd card and hopefully the phone you do get or have has a sd card slot.
sandisk-amazon-deals.png

BUY HERE

Repped.

I still have the 32gig from my charge im using n my s3 now but ive been thinkin about snaggin another as this one is perpetually full... ( the complete wire series is on it) lol

also after a while my sd card craps out so its good to have another handy

Back
Top Bottom