• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wifey was wanting the new Kindle.... might just get the 32gb Nexus instead.

The 8.9 inch Kindle fire looks pretty good. Thinking of getting my parents one for christmas. Would get a nexus for them but i need a bigger screen. Kindle fire hd at the price point it's at along with the 8.9 inch screen just might be what i'm looking for.

Motorola is ******** on everyone with their batteries it's insane. The 2013 Nexus needs to have a MAXX battery

Last edited:
6 Hours and I am at 82 percent
dang..
post a pic of ur usage when done. plz
nerd.gif

Dat one handed , no on screen buttons, full 720p screen, straight gesture life  **** is sooo smooth reminds me of webOS how intuitive and quick it is. I'm over here using my phone one handed now on some boss **** 
laugh.gif
 RIP buttons for me

Last edited:
Just read the reviews for the Maxx HD(hopefully my next phone) and the only drawback I read is the poor camera. Maxx HD users, is the camera subpar? Currently have an S2 btw

Got a question about the YouTube app.

How do you browse through videos? Like look through most popular videos/categories? Or can you only look at channels you're subscribed to?

I need some quick advice fellas...

Okay I talked this dude down on a Galaxy Nexus for Sprint for $250.

He wants to meet up at a Sprint Store in Manhattan to get the phone because it will be a replacement phone for one that he lost, but then he found it.

The thing is should I buy it for $250 or wait?

What if I buy it and then the LG Nexus drops and the prices drop even lower to like $150 or something?

He initially wanted $300 but then said $275 and then I told him I'm not willing to drop major coin on the older version when the new Nexus is about to drop.

I've never bought a phone off contract before so I don't know how to go about doing this.

I told him I want to meet up at a Sprint Store so I can make sure the phone can be activated on the Sprint Network, but if this is a replacement phone how will this all work.

I don't know if this is the 32GB or 16GB phone neither smh

He wants to meet up at a Sprint Store in Manhattan to get the phone because it will be a replacement phone for one that he lost, but then he found it.
What if I buy it and then the LG Nexus drops and the prices drop even lower to like $150 or something?
He initially wanted $300 but then said $275 and then I told him I'm not willing to drop major coin on the older version when the new Nexus is about to drop.
I've never bought a phone off contract before so I don't know how to go about doing this.
I told him I want to meet up at a Sprint Store so I can make sure the phone can be activated on the Sprint Network, but if this is a replacement phone how will this all work.

Wait he "LOST" it....then he "FOUND" it and is keeping his original nexus, how are they given him a replacement?

If they do announce a Sprint LG Nexus on the 29th prices will drop. If not it will mildly drop cause people might just hold on to their GNEX till a Sprint LG Nexus drop. If its just a GSM nexus on 29th not so much. The Sprint Nexus comes only in 32gb.

Wait he "LOST" it....then he "FOUND" it and is keeping his original nexus, how are they given him a replacement?

If they do announce a Sprint LG Nexus on the 29th prices will drop. If not it will mildly drop cause people might just hold on to their GNEX till a Sprint LG Nexus drop. If its just a GSM nexus on 29th not so much. The Sprint Nexus comes only in 32gb.

I'm not sure how he's still getting a repalcement, but he probably already filed a claim with insurance and since it's non refundable got stuck.

So you think $250 is a decent price for it brand new with the box and everything and he's picking it up from the Sprint Store and everything?

This is the Verizon HTC DLX

htc-verozon-1.jpg

Verizon appears poised to bring HTC's first 5-inch Android smartphone to the U.S.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the HTC DLX for Verizon. A few rumored details recently emerged about this upcoming (and as yet unannounced Android smartphone, and tonight we're able to bring you the first pictures.

The HTC DLX (pronounced like "deluxe," we're told) is notable for several reasons. For one, it will (assuming it comes to market; that's not always a given) be Verizon's first HTC One smartphone since the line was announced at Mobile World Congress way back in February in Barcelona. That the United States' largest carrier didn't pick up any of the three devices announced then has been a sore spot for months.

Then there's the size. Along with the Japan-exclusive HTC J Butterfly, the HTC DLX marks the manufacturer's first foray into the 5-inch display category, known to some as "ridiculously large." But consider our curiosity piqued, our appetite whetted. We -- and you folks as well, we know - have been waiting on Verizon to sport new HTC kit for the better part of a year now.

Enough preamble. We've got more pictures, specs and a few thoughts after the break.

To recap: We recently saw some specs tweeted by fan favorite Football, and we're looking at a full 1080p HD display, apparently confirmed by another of our pics below. No surprise as to the screen resolution. Anything less would be laughed out of the room. Our source says the display is beautiful, so we'll presume Super LCD 2, which HTC's been using in a number of phones.

The camera specs we have listed on our picture don't quite match up though -- ours says 8 megapixels, Football's leaked specs note 12 megapixels out back. (HTC's 8MP camera on the One X is so damn good, though, we might not care about one over the other.) The leaked specs and our pic align at 2 megapixels on the rear camera.

htc-verizon-2.jpg

Football's leak of a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor (running at 1.5 GHz) appears solid, though our pic only says "quadcore." That's a fairly safe tech bet though. Our pic shows 2 gigabytes of "memory," which we'll consider to be RAM.

Our source notes 16 gigabytes of on-board storage (same as the leak), and the rumored 2500 mAh battery is not removable. (No surprise there, either.)

Our source also says the back is reminiscent of the Droid Incredible 2, so figure soft-touch over polycarbonate. Visually, we're seeing the same dark red highlights Verizon has used for years, including on the camera housing, bezel and volume rocker. The rear speaker has the same design as the One X. Also of note: We're told the power button is centered on the top bezel, not off to one side like on most HTC phones. (It's not visible in our photos.)

The Verizon HTC DLX has physical buttons. If you were hoping otherwise, it's not happening. HTC has them in its usual back-home-recent apps configuration.

htc-verizon-3.jpg

Software wise, this guy's got Android 4.1.1, with Sense 4+ (see our hands-on), same as what was just announced on the HTC One X+, and what are scheduled to hit existing HTC One devices this month. Note that Beats Audio is on board, as you'd expect. Note the 4G LTE logo as well, not that it's a surprise.

So there's that. Nothing official from Verizon or HTC on this one yet, so keep that in the back of your heads, but we're told this may see a launch around Thanksgiving. One way or another, this one's got us a wee bit excited.

1080p 5" Display
Quad-core processor
2gb of RAM
4G LTE
& ONLY
2,500 mah non-removable
Battery life is gonna be a problem....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom