• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man i hate the Samsung update policy. Having to wait so ******g long and they are only giving vague info
That HTC J looks pretty damn nice. 1080p display? That's reeaally nice. 5 inches is pretty big but i guess i could get used to it. 4,3 inches to me is the best screen size.

Last edited:
Google unveils $249 11.6-inch Samsung Chromebook with Exynos 5 (Cortex-A15) chip
samsung-chromebook-630.jpg

Today Google announced that a new Samsung Chromebook was going on sale for only $249. The device features a 11.6-inch display, 16 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM, 1.7 GHz dual-core Exynos 5250 chip, and weighs only 2.4 lbs. A model with a built in 3G modem is selling for $329. I don’t know how Android fans feel about Chromebooks, but they should be excited to see Samsung’s new Exynos 5 Dual chip finally in production.

We have already covered the Exynos 5 in-depth, but to recap it features two Cortex-A15 CPU cores and a Mali-T604 GPU. This chip has already been spotted in an Android device, but nothing has been officially announced. Now that the Chromebook is available to order, it could mean we will see this mysterious Samsung Android device appear before the end of the year.

I’m not sure if a Chromebook can fully replace a PC yet, but it is getting closer every day. If I had to choose between a Chromebook and an ARM-based Windows RT laptop, I think I would easily go with the Chromebook. It is half the price of the Windows RT devices, and it features a much faster Cortex-A15 processor compared to the older Cortex-A9 chips in the Windows devices.

Hit up the source link for more info and let us know what you think. Would you consider a Chromebook for yourself or as a gift to a family member?

Not Android related but this is pretty awesome for the price and what it offers. Google is really shaken things up. I'm getting this for the holidays for my mom, my cr-48 hinge assembly broke :smh: such a great laptop.

does the note 2 have better specs :nerd:

I'm not in the market for a new computer right now, but when I am that Chromebook is exactly what I'd want. Light, small, and inexpensive laptop + more powerful desktop at home.

IDK price is right but I much rather use a tablet if I were looking to do something like that, I`m not digging the Cloud OS thing.

Not Android related but this is pretty awesome for the price and what it offers. Google is really shaken things up. I'm getting this for the holidays for my mom, my cr-48 hinge assembly broke :smh: such a great laptop.

I was actually considering picking one up for myself. I like the concept. Anyone have experience using Chrome OS before?

-Drew

If your just "looking at specs"

The Note 2 has a Exynos quad-core 1.6ghz cortex-A9 chipset. while you make think quad-core is the key feature of it being a better device, that is not true here. You pay close attention to "CORTEX-A9" this is the architecture of the chipset and this chipset is getting old. The chromebook has a dual-core 1.7ghz "CORTEX-A15 chipset the architecture on this chip is a true performer and is competing with very close to laptop and desktop processors but not out performing.

Also your comparing a phone/tablet hybrid against a actual with laptop. Two different form factor, two different experiences.

to wrap it up Its not about the ghz or quad this or dual that, the "ARCHITECTURE" of chipset is the most important part.

Last edited:

If just "looking at specs" ]

The Note 2 has a Exynos quad-core 1.6ghz cortex-A9 chipset. while you make think quad-core is the key feature of it being a better device, that is not true here. You pay close attention to "CORTEX-A9" this is the architecture of the chipset and this chipset is getting old. The chromebook has a dual-core 1.7ghz "CORTEX-A15 chipset the architecture on this chip is a true performer and is competing with very close to laptop and desktop processors but not out performing.

Also your comparing a phone/tablet hybrid against a actual with laptop. Two different form factor, two different experiences.

to wrap it up Its not about the ghz or quad this or dual that, the "ARCHITECTURE" of chipset is the most important part.

trrruuuuuu.

didnt think about that.

what can you do on a chromebook?? is it just a glorified tablet?

trrruuuuuu.
didnt think about that.
what can you do on a chromebook?? is it just a glorified tablet?

and isn't a tablet a glorified smarphone without the phone calling and a bigger screen?

Seriously though try typing a 10 page paper on a tablet touch screen....yeah that is a experience that will pull you hair out . The chromebook is a great device for learners and people who want a really light laptop with out the weight of a traditional laptop with a optical drive, thick excessive weight and prefer a laptop that is straight to the point "open it up, and your on the web". If like using web apps and tools(cloud services) the chromebook is for you, but if like traditional desktop OS you wouldn't like it because the chromebook must be connected to the internet to use anything.

i cant hear the video right now.. but, i was checking out bestbuy and what is the difference between the 11.6 and the 12.1? any info would help.. screen on my last netbook cracked... for $500 i could pick up a nexus 7 and a the chomebook... sounds good to me

i cant hear the video right now.. but, i was checking out bestbuy and what is the difference between the 11.6 and the 12.1? any info would help.. screen on my last netbook cracked... for $500 i could pick up a nexus 7 and a the chomebook... sounds good to me

new 11.6" one has an Samsung Exynos 5 dual core arm processor & 2GBs of ram while the 12.1 has a dual core celeron processor & 4GBs of ram. Supposedly the exynos can handle 1080p video and is almost as powerful as the celeron so it would make more sense to get the $250 one rather than spend another $200 for hardware that will barely improve performance.

new 11.6" one has an Samsung Exynos 5 dual core arm processor & 2GBs of ram while the 12.1 has a dual core celeron processor & 4GBs of ram. Supposedly the exynos can handle 1080p video and is almost as powerful as the celeron so it would make more sense to get the $250 one rather than spend another $200 for hardware that will barely improve performance.

oh ok.. cool.... well more google products for me..

Highly doubt the Note 2 will be $299

Gotta stay competitive to the higher end phones at $199.

but the note 2 is kinda niche market. the s3 is the flagship and thats at 199.

note 2 is not competing with the iphone therefore they can set their own price

but the note 2 is kinda niche market. the s3 is the flagship and thats at 199.

note 2 is not competing with the iphone therefore they can set their own price

yeah... plus this is a quad core phone, stylus, and big screen.. there is nothing else around that is like it really..

Last edited:

T-mobile and Sprint both have already said the Note 2 will be 299
But honestly most top tier devices are 299 now, just the way it is

10/19/12

LG
[h3]LG Optimus G (Korea)[/h3][h4]$700 (estimated)[/h4]
[h5]Pros[/h5]
  • Refined, elegant design
  • Superb build quality
  • Phenomenal performance
  • Great battery life
[h5]Cons[/h5]
  • Jelly Bean missing at launch
  • Frustrating camera software
[h5] [/h5][h5]Bottomline[/h5]
The Optimus G is a phenomenal piece of hardware that combines refined design with superb build quality and provides gobs of performance without sacrificing battery life.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/19/lg-optimus-g-review-a-quad-core-powerhouse-with-nexus-aspiratio/

Props to LG for an amazing device
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom