• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]Dam, who is making the technology decisions over at HTC? A 5" phone with 1080p,quad cores... and a measly 2020 maH battery? Yeah she pretty, but lacking the essentials. Not impressed. The Note line has phablets on lock until the other manufacturers get their stuff right. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
Even if the HTC butterfly J is a better phablet it won't sell nowhere near the Note 2 will which kind of sucks . Samsung has the Android marketing game on lock right now. I wouldn't be too worried about the battery life because the S4 Pro Quad is very efficient with battery life.

Google Event Details

Ok guys, I have most of the details on the Google Event on the 29th

New Devices:

There will be three new devices revealed by Google,

The new Nexus phone by LG - Nexus 4
A 3G version of the Nexus 7
A 10 inch Tablet by Samsung - Nexus 10 (with a very high resolution)
New Android Features:

Huge improvements to Google Now, cards will be different, a card comparing how much you've walked across months and a card that pops up when ever you go to a new city, showing all the POI's and distance to them
Changes to the Camera interface
Notifications get further improvements, now you can read entire messages in the notification center
UI improvements for bigger tablets.
And the keyboard will come with something similar to swype
There can be more features that may turn up, these are the ones I'm 100% sure

Someone from the "Verge" forums posted this info......:nerd: take with grain of salt though.

Even if the HTC butterfly J is a better phablet it won't sell nowhere near the Note 2 will which kind of sucks . Samsung has the Android marketing game on lock right now. I wouldn't be too worried about the battery life because the S4 Pro Quad is very efficient with battery life.

[COLOR=#red]But here's the thing it would be better for us consumers in general if other manufacturers put together a product that is clearly better than Samsung. The Butterfly could have definitely been just that, but they left out a few key details. I don't like the market being dominated by two major players...we the consumers get shafted in the end when that happens. I remember just a few years ago it was like "am I going to get that Blackberry Bold, or the iPhone, or let me see what this HTC 8525 is talking about." Now it's just iPhone X or SGS X. [/COLOR]

So the official release date for the Note 2 is the 25th ? I was reading engadget and that's what they listed for the Sprint version at $299, if that's so time to flip my s3

Dam, who is making the technology decisions over at HTC? A 5" phone with 1080p,quad cores... and a measly 2020 maH battery? Yeah she pretty, but lacking the essentials. Not impressed. The Note line has phablets on lock until the other manufacturers get their stuff right.
I said the same damn thing. I know that no one phone is perfect, but they are screwing themselves over with that sorry battery. I don't understand why they would go through all the trouble. Guess I'll just hope that the US version is different. I've had two HTC's and the battery life sucked. Can't imagine a 2020 in a phone that beastly.

[COLOR=#red]But here's the thing it would be better for us consumers in general if other manufacturers put together a product that is clearly better than Samsung. The Butterfly could have definitely been just that, but they left out a few key details. I don't like the market being dominated by two major players...we the consumers get shafted in the end when that happens. I remember just a few years ago it was like "am I going to get that Blackberry Bold, or the iPhone, or let me see what this HTC 8525 is talking about." Now it's just iPhone X or SGS X. [/COLOR]

I'm with you. The more choices the better.
I always try to get the best phone that's out at the time. And right now it's the Note 2 for me. Unless the Butterfly comes out before the end of the year, which I doubt it will.

I guess i am waiting until the end of the month when everyone just lets their phones be announced. I am tired of this iPhone and feel the need for something new. I leaning towards the LG Nexus (assuming it has better specs than whats leaked so far).   

^^ well the most recent rumors are theres gonna be an 8 gig and 16 gig version.

I think I'm all in with the LG, my ONLY problem is non removable battery. I like to get the double sized batteries, the added casing doesnt bother me.

10/29 CANT come soon enough.

I guess i am waiting until the end of the month when everyone just lets their phones be announced. I am tired of this iPhone and feel the need for something new. I leaning towards the LG Nexus (assuming it has better specs than whats leaked so far).   

Specs seem fine to me

LG Nexus 4 (LG-E960)
1.5GHz Quad-core APQ8064 chipset (Snapdragon S4 Pro)
1280×768 resolution display
2GB RAM
8GB/16GB internal storage
8MP rear camera
1.3MP front camera
Android build JB MR1 (some form of Jelly Bean)
2100mAh battery
9.1mm thick
139g

Specs seem fine to me
I'll rephrase...as long as it comes with AT LEAST 16gb, it will be copped. I have 16 gb now and its perfect for what i use the phone for. 8gb is not even worth anymore to me.

I know ill be getting a phone with a bigger screen. Might take a bit to adjust in the beginning but i think i will love it after

I don't like the red accents that HTC uses or the red color of the Butterfly but the black and white model is beautiful. I like that two tone color, it looks real clean.

Last edited:
^
Damn. Makes me feel bad paying $249 for my 16 GB a few weeks ago plus $15 for shipping :x :x.

People said there wasn't going to be a new N7 model just because Asus were denying rumors :lol:.

I'm terrified about non removable batteries being the new standard...stupid apple

The ONLY way it should be allowed is IF everyone does razr maxx type batteries. I'm weary when I see the capacities of these new phone batteries, not much more than what current phone have, when considering how much more is being put under the hood.

if the lg nexus is anything like the optimus g, and it's going for $349 from the play store, INSTANT cop.

[COLOR=#red]Here is a point seldom visited in the argument against sealed non-removable batteries... The fact that even with lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries (which are more resistant yet not immune to memory effect) the day you start using them and start the recharge cycle you are losing overall capacity. This means that your battery life starts depreciating from day one. Of course it's miniscule at first, but the cumulative effect over a period as short as 2 months begin to add up. Mind you this affects ALL mobile devices whether non-removable or removable...BUT when you have the option to purchase a new battery (roughly $25) this means you are not at the mercy of having to take your phone to a service center for a new battery.

So when they couple a non-removable sealed battery with a relatively anemic 2000-ish maH battery in a power hungry device like the HTC J Butterfly they have pretty much ***cked the consumer. I mean maybe I'm stupid or something, but I thought the whole idea of wireless devices is to be untethered as much as possible. With that J Butterfly you might as well have a charger with a 50 foot cord so you can use it while being connected around the house/office.

The Butterfly is like that really smokin hot broad that is about as dumb as a bunch of charcoal briquets...oh yeah she's pretty but after that your not going to get much use out of her.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Here is a point seldom visited in the argument against sealed non-removable batteries... The fact that even with lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries (which are more resistant yet not immune to memory effect) the day you start using them and start the recharge cycle you are losing overall capacity. This means that your battery life starts depreciating from day one. Of course it's miniscule at first, but the cumulative effect over a period as short as 2 months begin to add up. Mind you this affects ALL mobile devices whether non-removable or removable...BUT when you have the option to purchase a new battery (roughly $25) this means you are not at the mercy of having to take your phone to a service center for a new battery.
[/COLOR]

Bolded for emphasis.

I've had both a Touch Pro 2 and a EVO Shift and between the two over I've gone through at least six batteries and never because of water damage.

There's no way in hell I'd buy a HTC product with a non-removable battery.

And if you can't remove the battery what are you going to do when Sense inevitably freezes? I can't count the number of times I've had to pull the battery on both phones just because Sense was doing something stupid and locked up my whole phone.

Back
Top Bottom