Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't touched my Touchpad in about 6 months :/
I wish it would have had the gesture area like the Palm Pre. Unbelievable that so many years later and noone else can get multi-tasking right like webOS...
I've seen that they're tryna put webOS on the Galaxy Nexus...

Same guy who design WebOS is the same guy who is designing ICS, JELLYBEAN etc....Matias durate. Expect to see more WebOS influences and others cause he's only ⅓ completed.

Really looking forward to his work. WebOS had potential...Android still has potential

Haven't posted in this thread since the New format popped up, feels good to be back. Couple of random thoughts
- If you are interested in buying a S3 on contract, I'd suggest waiting it out another month until Black Friday. Last year, Amazon had every smartphone sans the iPhone up for $.01 that weekend for each carrier except T-Mobile. Only catch was it had to be new or added line or eligible full upgrade. I don't recommend purchasing subsidized phones but if you do, you won't find a better deal than Amazon's.
- I can understand why some people don't like Swype but there is actually a tutorial from the keyboard itself that is very helpful and shows you shortcuts to save even more strokes. While it can get a bit annoying sometimes when it suggests the wrong word, it's usually on point for me. I also have my slider almost all the way toward accuracy as opposed to speed.
- Don't sleep on Android's text to speak dictation. I'm doing it right now to type this whole paragraph. The only thing that I don't like is I try to talk robotic so it doesn't mess up, but it's worth it. And also if you have to insert a comma or other punctuation then you have to speak it out loud.
- People are sleeping on T-Mobile's truly unlimited plan. I was using a little under 2GB monthly before I switched, mainly relying on wifi for streaming/downloading and kept my Play Music stored locally. I've used 16 GB last month and already at 13 this month. While my Co-workers rag on TMO, I always have full bars of 3.5G avg. 7 down, 2 up.
- With my excellent Faux G coverage I tether to the iPad and stream from the Xfinity and Watch ESPN apps and Pandora/Google Play. One of the worst decisions I ever made was jumping ship to Sprint and suffering through that incredibly spotty coverage map.
- I get all my accessories from Ebay. The downside is it takes like 3 weeks to get from Shenzhen to Texas and I've been burned on quality twice (fake OEM battery & shoddy quality armband). But price trumps all. My case cost life $2.50 shipped, car mount 7, NFC tags for $4, and woke the battery doesn't have NFC, it's still a workable 1750 mAh if I find myself depleted with no charger.
- Even if you don't plan on using it, it's still a good idea to set up your phone for Google Wallet if compatible. I've forgotten my wallet in the car or at home a few times now and it def came in handy. Just need Apple to implement NFC so retailers can finally start taking it seriously.
- Gnex owners should check XDA if you haven't already in the themes/apps section for a thread on a volume increasing .zip. Flashed it today and it is sooo much of an improvement. It still takes crappy photos unless in perfect lighting situations but my only other gripe about this phone, the weak speaker, is resolved.
If Google/Sammy indeed collaborate on a Nexus 10, then I'm all in. Granted that they don't cheap out on the specs, I have been waiting for this a very, very long time. Nexus 7 is great value, but totally unnecessary if you already have a GNex.

Thanks for all that info, as for the gnex volume app I searched xda and other sites and didn't have any luck. Would you mind saying which app you used to increase the volume? I miss so many calls and texts with this phone cuz the crappy low volume. Thanks

i dont like the google music... i still use the old one with the cd and a music note or something... cuz i can change the song without unlocking my screen...

i dont like the google music... i still use the old one with the cd and a music note or something... cuz i can change the song without unlocking my screen...

You can do that with GM. Might be the lockscreen maybe or something within the settings

I haven't touched my Touchpad in about 6 months :/
I wish it would have had the gesture area like the Palm Pre. Unbelievable that so many years later and noone else can get multi-tasking right like webOS...
I've seen that they're tryna put webOS on the Galaxy Nexus...

Same guy who design WebOS is the same guy who is designing ICS, JELLYBEAN etc....Matias durate. Expect to see more WebOS influences and others cause he's only ⅓ completed.

man i loved webOS it was suppose to be the future but i guess they couldnt manage it. now everyone copied webOS.

the multitasking cards and the notifications were great.

Have 4.1.2 running on my Kindle. Seems a lil slower

Anyways, the 19th can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on the best tablet thats 9+ inches? I want to get my parents a tablet for christmas but still undecided on what to get. Was thinking of just copping an ipad 2 since they're at $399. Parents don't even own smartphones so they would have no idea the difference between the ipad 2 and 3 :lol: so i may as well just save the $100. Waiting to see what pricing will be on the the new windows surface, looking at the kindle fire hd, 8.9 version though. Would be awesome if that Nexus 10 was coming out this holiday season but its looking like early next year sometime. Don't really wanna go ipad which is why i'm looking around but i will if there's nothing else worth getting. Would just cop a Nexus 7 but they're getting old and don't have the greatest vision so i need to get something with a bigger screen.

Last edited:
Havent touched my touchpad in months either...I gotta mess with it and do something with it

S3 is on sale on best buy online today only add a line for $99

man i loved webOS it was suppose to be the future but i guess they couldnt manage it. now everyone copied webOS.
the multitasking cards and the notifications were great.

I still own a Palm Pre :smokin
that sun***** was ahead of it's time, i still play around with it from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom