• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this Nexus expected to drop for Everyone? I will say LG screens are beastly, look better than Samsungs distorted screens. I use to think Super Amoled HD was nice untill I used it for a period of time and noticed things looked weird and fake more so than clear.

I assume there are gonna be carrier variants for VZW and Sprint, but hopefully there's one for AT&T so it can have LTE. Although I have a feeling there's only gonna be one GSM variant for the new Nexus and it's the one that is gonna be sold at the Google Play Store with only HSPA+. :\

Last edited:
If the Nexus doesn't come to AT&T subsidized, LTE or HSPA+, I'm going to jump to the iPhone. I can't spend $400+ dollars on the phone when I'm locked down to an AT&T family plan anyway. It would be a shame for the Nexus not to drop on all carriers. Why can't they use the same strategy as Apple and just get the carriers to let them take care of the updates on their own instead of going through the carrier? :rolleyes

Why can't they use the same strategy as Apple and just get the carriers to let them take care of the updates on their own instead of going through the carrier? :rolleyes

I'v wondered the same, i know the sheer amount of Android devices out there that vary from manufacturer is part of it but it would be cool if Google had control of the flagship devices and have instant OTA updates instead of waiting months on end for carriers to approve them. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than what i know but if Apple can do it why shouldn't Google be able to.

Last edited:
I'v wondered the same, i know the sheer amount of Android devices out there that vary from manufacturer is part of it but it would be cool if Google had control of the flagship devices and have instant OTA updates instead of waiting months on end for carriers to approve them. I'm sure there's a lot more to it than what i know but if Apple can do it why shouldn't Google be able to.

google makes free software that gets changed up by the manufactures, Google pretty much just cares that android is in peoples hands so they can make you use as many of their services as possible. Apples goal is totally diff than Google, which is why Google wont just use Motorola as the sole source of their nexus devices, I wish every manufacture made their own OS.

Haven't posted in this thread since the New format popped up, feels good to be back. Couple of random thoughts

- If you are interested in buying a S3 on contract, I'd suggest waiting it out another month until Black Friday. Last year, Amazon had every smartphone sans the iPhone up for $.01 that weekend for each carrier except T-Mobile. Only catch was it had to be new or added line or eligible full upgrade. I don't recommend purchasing subsidized phones but if you do, you won't find a better deal than Amazon's.

- I can understand why some people don't like Swype but there is actually a tutorial from the keyboard itself that is very helpful and shows you shortcuts to save even more strokes. While it can get a bit annoying sometimes when it suggests the wrong word, it's usually on point for me. I also have my slider almost all the way toward accuracy as opposed to speed.

- Don't sleep on Android's text to speak dictation. I'm doing it right now to type this whole paragraph. The only thing that I don't like is I try to talk robotic so it doesn't mess up, but it's worth it. And also if you have to insert a comma or other punctuation then you have to speak it out loud.

- People are sleeping on T-Mobile's truly unlimited plan. I was using a little under 2GB monthly before I switched, mainly relying on wifi for streaming/downloading and kept my Play Music stored locally. I've used 16 GB last month and already at 13 this month. While my Co-workers rag on TMO, I always have full bars of 3.5G avg. 7 down, 2 up.

- With my excellent Faux G coverage I tether to the iPad and stream from the Xfinity and Watch ESPN apps and Pandora/Google Play. One of the worst decisions I ever made was jumping ship to Sprint and suffering through that incredibly spotty coverage map.

- I get all my accessories from Ebay. The downside is it takes like 3 weeks to get from Shenzhen to Texas and I've been burned on quality twice (fake OEM battery & shoddy quality armband). But price trumps all. My case cost life $2.50 shipped, car mount 7, NFC tags for $4, and woke the battery doesn't have NFC, it's still a workable 1750 mAh if I find myself depleted with no charger.

- Even if you don't plan on using it, it's still a good idea to set up your phone for Google Wallet if compatible. I've forgotten my wallet in the car or at home a few times now and it def came in handy. Just need Apple to implement NFC so retailers can finally start taking it seriously.

- Gnex owners should check XDA if you haven't already in the themes/apps section for a thread on a volume increasing .zip. Flashed it today and it is sooo much of an improvement. It still takes crappy photos unless in perfect lighting situations but my only other gripe about this phone, the weak speaker, is resolved.

If Google/Sammy indeed collaborate on a Nexus 10, then I'm all in. Granted that they don't cheap out on the specs, I have been waiting for this a very, very long time. Nexus 7 is great value, but totally unnecessary if you already have a GNex.

Last edited:
the thing i hate about waiting for a new phone is that i have to wait like a week or two past the release date so i can cop on craigslist

Any info on when Verizon will unblock Google wallet? Loved using it while I was on sprint.

Any info on when Verizon will unblock Google wallet? Loved using it while I was on sprint.
The carriers want to make money off the idea of using phones to pay for things, so I doubt Google Wallet will return. I believe Isis is coming next year.

GNex owners:

How so you get better battery life? I turned off my LTE since I don't get it.I use WiFi when I can, and I've turned off my auto sync.had better life on my NS4G.

any and all help is appreciated.

GNex owners:

How so you get better battery life? I turned off my LTE since I don't get it.I use WiFi when I can, and I've turned off my auto sync.had better life on my NS4G.

hows ur cell service??
at work i get one bar or no bars and the battery is done in 6 hours :lol:

I turn off Mobile Network while i'm at work i'm still able to text when i get a chance and in a 7 hour shift I probably drop 3 percent. Also have my phone underclocked with the screen off to 230mhz max I use lean kernel and Trickster Mod app from the Play Store.

I can't be the only one hyped for the Note 2..

I'm looking forward to it myself.

The original Note is a great device with a few hitches. Looks like they fixed those problems and stuffed cutting edge hardware into an even better package.

I'll be copping it.

Anyone using a HP Touchpad with Android?

I haven't touched my Touchpad in about 6 months :/

I wish it would have had the gesture area like the Palm Pre. Unbelievable that so many years later and noone else can get multi-tasking right like webOS...

I've seen that they're tryna put webOS on the Galaxy Nexus...

I'm looking forward to it myself.
The original Note is a great device with a few hitches. Looks like they fixed those problems and stuffed cutting edge hardware into an even better package.
I'll be copping it.
Looking at some reviews, it's benchmarking better than any device on the market. Only knock on it is the size will throw people off...but I don't use my phone to make phone calls 99% of the time..so I could care less. All about texting and data.

I need Android to develop multi-tasking like Samsung has :frown:. It'd be a nice feature for my tablet. I need to constantly look up info on the browser and type in a word processor app.

I need Android to develop multi-tasking like Samsung has :frown:. It'd be a nice feature for my tablet. I need to constantly look up info on the browser and type in a word processor app.
You can. Just drag the top bar down and select the already open app u want to jump back to

GNex owners:

I downloaded the Juice Defender app and that's helped. Plus I bought an Anker 2200 extended battery. Brightness set to auto, 

I haven't touched my Touchpad in about 6 months :/
I wish it would have had the gesture area like the Palm Pre. Unbelievable that so many years later and noone else can get multi-tasking right like webOS...
I've seen that they're tryna put webOS on the Galaxy Nexus...

Same guy who design WebOS is the same guy who is designing ICS, JELLYBEAN etc....Matias durate. Expect to see more WebOS influences and others cause he's only ⅓ completed.

Back
Top Bottom