Vigilante Rat Hunting Group

Nyc does have a rat problem but it’s overhyped because it more dense and more populated than any other city in the us. Chicago has a bigger rat problem and dc, la are getting worse and worse and not that far behind nyc. Not to mention cities abroad that get romanticized like Paris and London that are worse than nyc.
We aint got no rat problem in LA :lol:

We aint got no rat problem in LA :lol:
Yes ya do. Orkin and bell the 2 biggest pest control companies in America in both sales, development and research releases the list every year. LA was right behind nyc in calls for extermination for rodents.

Nyc does have a rat problem but it’s overhyped because it more dense and more populated than any other city in the us. Chicago has a bigger rat problem and dc, la are getting worse and worse and not that far behind nyc. Not to mention cities abroad that get romanticized like Paris and London that are worse than nyc.

This is the classic learned helplessness combined with American myopia.

As if there aren't massive hyper dense cities in developed countries without massive rat problems.

NYC has decided to have rats,
We know how to keep rat populations down.

sealed Garbage cans.

every major dense city uses sealed garbage containers and quick and efficient trash disposal.

NYC doesn't implement these systems because people prefer cheap street parking where the bins would go.

It's a choice, it's not some plague sent by the Pharaoh.

That’s nice and all but it’s still not the most infested city in America like people think. I already established it has a rodent problem. And sealed garbage cans is not the going to end the rat problem. They will just spread indoors to look for food and shelter. And I just had to do the research spain and their sealed trash bins on the sidewalks do have a rat problem that keeps growing especially in Madrid.

Last edited:
osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh is absolutely correct too

The problem has gotten so bad because of bad policy choices on local level

There are too many people that will complain and complain and complain about a problem, then sabotage things aimed to solve or lessen the problem.

Small groups of people, with strong status quo biases, that have a disproportionate amount of veto power, are killing this country

Yes ya do. Orkin and bell the 2 biggest pest control companies in America in both sales, development and research releases the list every year. LA was right behind nyc in calls for extermination for rodents.
We good out here. We don't see rats in our cribs or in public places as nearly as common as yall. Can't remember the last time I seen a rat while I was just chillin. Our rats are respectful.

all major cities have rats. the rats in nyc are just a lot more visible and aggressive

maybe nyc has a different species of rat?

Fellow NYer here.

I don’t agree with this at all. Just came back from Tokyo and it’s legit the cleanest place I’ve ever been. No trash on the floor. No vermin. I didn’t even see homeless people. They don’t even have public trash cans like that and it’s still clean.

Thought “oh maybe they have less people…

1681933612724.png

NYC has this issue with many things. For the “best” city in the world we’re wildly slow on lots of things. We just got the ability to use our phones (NFC) for the train and bus city wide a handful of years ago.

Other cities are just better.

As I mentioned a years ago in this same thread. Rats and Roaches are just part of this world. They’ve survived ice ages and nuclear attacks. That doesn’t mean they can’t be mitigated. It’s gotten worse since and because of the pandemic. Everyday I see a squirrel sized rat with its guts blown out laying in the middle of the street because it got ran over.

NYC officials have a choice between no Rats and parking.

They have chosen parking.

This is a clear example of economic segregation. I bet they’re putting those in mid and lower manhattan, downtown Brooklyn etc.

Those ain’t hitting The Bronx.

Fellow NYer here.

I don’t agree with this at all. Just came back from Tokyo and it’s legit the cleanest place I’ve ever been. No trash on the floor. No vermin. I didn’t even see homeless people. They don’t even have public trash cans like that and it’s still clean.

Thought “oh maybe they have less people…

1681933612724.png

NYC has this issue with many things. For the “best” city in the world we’re wildly slow on lots of things. We just got the ability to use our phones (NFC) for the train and bus city wide a handful of years ago.

Other cities are just better.

As I mentioned a years ago in this same thread. Rats and Roaches are just part of this world. They’ve survived ice ages and nuclear attacks. That doesn’t mean they can’t be mitigated. It’s gotten worse since and because of the pandemic. Everyday I see a squirrel sized rat with its guts blown out laying in the middle of the street because it got ran over.

This is a clear example of economic segregation. I bet they’re putting those in mid and lower manhattan, downtown Brooklyn etc.

Those ain’t hitting The Bronx.
Never mentioned Tokyo once because it’s well known they are one of the cleanest cities in the world. Doesn’t take anything away from what I said.

Never mentioned Tokyo once because it’s well known they are one of the cleanest cities in the world. Doesn’t take anything away from what I said.
I mentioned Tokyo because I think using population as an “it is what it is” reason = letting these cities of the hook.

Unless rats aren’t native to that part of Asia or they don’t do well in that climate, or some other science reason causes Tokyo to just not have rats for some reason then cool if not, though we need to find out what a city like Tokyo is doing and replicate it.

People also have to realize that we’ve basically exterminated coyotes, foxes, snakes, etc who eat and keep the rodent population under control.

I hate rodents

People also have to realize that we’ve basically exterminated coyotes, foxes, snakes, etc who eat and keep the rodent population under control.

I hate rodents

Yah im sure it's the lack of snakes,

And not the massive piles garbage and rotting food

Last edited:

I hate rodents
Can’t exterminate animals with fur last time I checked unless they pose a risk. you could hunt them but hunting and exterminating are 2 different license and vastly different techniques. **** California is about to ban the use of rodenticides because birds, squirrels and other animals eat the poison or rats and mice and get cross contaminated.

Back
Top Bottom