*VIDEO On to the Next One VIDEO* Vol. Weird

Either way, i don't know what to believe or not to believe.

But tomorrow, I'm gonna try to go and cop that book.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

From Kanye's Blog...
[h5]http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...-1_1_2010_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=[/h5]
[h5]FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE. NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!![/h5]
[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif
I predict a career decline if he keeps this %+!! up, word to MJ.
This is the best thing I've heard from Kanye in a long time. If he can make anything with half the social consciousness of a Gil Scott Heron track, I'll be more than happy. Also worth noting is the second part of the paragraph, where he pretty much goes against hidden agendas and propaganda we see all too often in our society. Interesting...

That's really what I was gettin at, but in a more sarcastic manner.

Originally Posted by RedMan

With the way Kanye put his all into his work I could never see his career decline. I will even go out on a limb and say 808's and Heartbreak might have been the only classic album released last decade. When I say classic I mean the album will have life beyond the generation it was released to for example see albums like The Dark Side of The Moon, Bob Marley's Legend and Pruple Rain. Not trying to hurt any of the older cats feelings but the younger generation does not care about EMPD, Rakim, or even NWA. Don't get me wrong there is a such thing as a classic rap albums (Blue Print, Illmatic, and Atliens) but people who don't listen to rap don't care for those albums.

horrible execution of that gif...

and Redman...WOW
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

From Kanye's Blog...
[h5]http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...-1_1_2010_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=[/h5]
[h5]FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE. NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!![/h5]
[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif
I predict a career decline if he keeps this %+!! up, word to MJ.
This is the best thing I've heard from Kanye in a long time. If he can make anything with half the social consciousness of a Gil Scott Heron track, I'll be more than happy. Also worth noting is the second part of the paragraph, where he pretty much goes against hidden agendas and propaganda we see all too often in our society. Interesting...
That's really what I was gettin at, but in a more sarcastic manner.

It's all good.
laugh.gif
I thought you were somebody else whohadn't read a lick of this thread trying to be funny.

But really, the more I think about it, with Jay doing his thing elsewhere, this only makes Kanye a bigger priority at Def Jam. Occult forces at work or not,I'm willing to bet they'll do everything in their power not to let his next project fail, if it ever had to anyway. They simply can't afford tolet that happen, IMO.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Either way, i don't know what to believe or not to believe.

But tomorrow, I'm gonna try to go and cop that book.

u know the book is posted on the last page.

Here's the thing, I dont know whats going on with Jay. All I know is that this video was beyond weird/creepy, therefore I dont like it. And to be frank,Jay has been declining as a rapper for a LONG time. More reason for me to finally Divorce Jay as my favorite rapper....Good riddens!

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Here's the thing, I dont know whats going on with Jay. All I know is that this video was beyond weird/creepy, therefore I dont like it. And to be frank, Jay has been declining as a rapper for a LONG time. More reason for me to finally Divorce Jay as my favorite rapper....Good riddens!

its kinda ironic u being a Alpha somebody on the outside looking in could say alpha's symbols, rituals are weird/creepy.

Originally Posted by NINE to FIVE

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Talib @RealTalibKweli is going EXTRA hard on these fraud theorists on Twitter... love it.

Oh man that video above is by far the stupidest sh-- i've seen thus far.

Its so sad how impressionable the human mind is... the same ones who are ahead of the curve are the ones gullible enough to believe what they read in "opinion"--not fact based books and misleading videos. Cats graduate from the College of Youtube and Wikipedia, read a couple books an now their experts on occult/secret societies... speak on metaphysics like their Thales or something. Look how Haze just posted a few articles with pics and how cats run with it like its gospel because it APPEARS that he knows what he's talking about instead of learning for their own... thats why I can't take yall serious do your OWN research and gain an informed opinion.
You still posting!? We like 15 pages deep and you haven't offered a single shred of evidence to combat or disprove the overwhelming truth that has been right in front of you. Instead you've consistently tried to discredit Haze as some type of internet pseudo-intellectual, while labeling anyone who even halfway investigates the obvious message(s) in the video a "youtube scholar" or any of the other many witty insults your posts are riddled with.

After all the knowledge thats been offered to you, you still classify it as uneducated dogma and have rejected every opportunity to educate yourself in a field where you clearly aren't, all for the sake of your insane belief that Jay (and/or the director) put this much thought, effort, time, and money into this video just to be funny.... That is the definition of IGNORANT.

You been a clown muh dude

Come on son don't be moronic. The reason you don't see me trying to disapprove anything is because speaking on speculation is called ignorance. No onein this thread can neither prove nor disapprove the claim that Jay is a mason. Me speaking on it is similar to speaking on 9/11 being an inside job... justpure speculation bordering on propaganda. Dropping knowledge lol, son how are you able to differentiate what's being posted as fact or fiction? Your beingshown a 2nd hand perspective on occult/symbolism, Haze I'm sure isn't in a secret society nor follows an occult so what he's learned isn't froma firsthand account. Yes this subject brings intrigue and is fascinating to most but at the end of the day its not fact based so why warp yourself aroundsomething that provides half truths. I'm just amazed at how Jay went from being simplistic compared to some of his peers to now being the most intricaterapper with a mastery of symbolism. What happened to him not being as deep as Nas. Now his rhymes got people deciphering his lyrics like its ancienthieroglyphics. Maybe some of y'all need to put more energy into more thoughtful thinking instead of thinking ur intellectuals because you over-analyze somelyrics. Read some real philosophical books on your own, it shouldn't take a rapper for cats to expand their mind. All the Socrates in this thread probablynever took any type of philosophy course. It's good to have an affinity to attain knowledge but not all knowledge is useful. Btw Haze u been here longenough to know I speak to people directly if I have a qualm. No sneak dissing because when I clearly was referring to you I either addressed you or said yourname. I definitely respect your mind from past posts in general but just don't see eye to eye on this topic. I double major in political science btw

yo i read an intro lecture on metaphysics and it def
smokin.gif
my mind. Kindaraises more questions than it answers but it def opens ur mind as well. Bout to skim through that ancient future joint brb

Talib @RealTalibKweli is going EXTRA hard on these fraud theorists on Twitter... love it.

Its so sad how impressionable the human mind is... the same ones who are ahead of the curve are the ones gullible enough to believe what they read in "opinion"--not fact based books and misleading videos. Cats graduate from the College of Youtube and Wikipedia, read a couple books an now their experts on occult/secret societies... speak on metaphysics like their Thales or something. Look how Haze just posted a few articles with pics and how cats run with it like its gospel because it APPEARS that he knows what he's talking about instead of learning for their own... thats why I can't take yall serious do your OWN research and gain an informed opinion.
You still posting!? We like 15 pages deep and you haven't offered a single shred of evidence to combat or disprove the overwhelming truth that has been right in front of you. Instead you've consistently tried to discredit Haze as some type of internet pseudo-intellectual, while labeling anyone who even halfway investigates the obvious message(s) in the video a "youtube scholar" or any of the other many witty insults your posts are riddled with.

After all the knowledge thats been offered to you, you still classify it as uneducated dogma and have rejected every opportunity to educate yourself in a field where you clearly aren't, all for the sake of your insane belief that Jay (and/or the director) put this much thought, effort, time, and money into this video just to be funny.... That is the definition of IGNORANT.

Come on son don't be moronic. The reason you don't see me trying to disapprove anything is because speaking on speculation is called ignorance. No one in this thread can neither prove nor disapprove the claim that Jay is a mason. Me speaking on it is similar to speaking on 9/11 being an inside job... just pure speculation bordering on propaganda. Dropping knowledge lol, son how are you able to differentiate what's being posted as fact or fiction? Your being shown a 2nd hand perspective on occult/symbolism, Haze I'm sure isn't in a secret society nor follows an occult so what he's learned isn't from a firsthand account. Yes this subject brings intrigue and is fascinating to most but at the end of the day its not fact based so why warp yourself around something that provides half truths. I'm just amazed at how Jay went from being simplistic compared to some of his peers to now being the most intricate rapper with a mastery of symbolism. What happened to him not being as deep as Nas. Now his rhymes got people deciphering his lyrics like its ancient hieroglyphics. Maybe some of y'all need to put more energy into more thoughtful thinking instead of thinking ur intellectuals because you over-analyze some lyrics. Read some real philosophical books on your own, it shouldn't take a rapper for cats to expand their mind. All the Socrates in this thread probably never took any type of philosophy course. It's good to have an affinity to attain knowledge but not all knowledge is useful. Btw Haze u been here long enough to know I speak to people directly if I have a qualm. No sneak dissing because when I clearly was referring to you I either addressed you or said your name. I definitely respect your mind from past posts in general but just don't see eye to eye on this topic. I double major in political science btw
Good luck getting your money back...especially after that ******ed paragraph I just stumbled through

seriously...if you know ANYTHING about FILM or VISUAL ARTS... ANYTHING....

why would someone include "random" images in something that costs them MILLIONS of dollars?

Just RANDOM...think about it.

That whole tome you just composed? you're describing the person you want to ostracize.

You're running from whats in front of you. Have fun on the treadmill...we're waiting off to the side for you.

ummm ok the discussion about the video is going like wayyyy out there, and ireally dont care lol.

all i would like to know is what kind of jacket he was wearing in the video lol....

PLEASE HELP....

I gotta say that I find it funny to see people so quick to dismiss the possibility of a hidden agenda/message with this video, and everything else for thatmatter.

Anything is possible. For me the old adage rings true: where there's smoke, there's fire. I won't say that Jay is a Freemason or a part of aSatanic cult or whatever--those are just sensationalized buzz words people use to evoke the worst possible image. But there is definitely more to this thanjust a weird video. As mentioned, why place random symbols in your video? To just go along with the rumors and ham it up for the conspiracy theorists? Forsome reason I can't buy that.

And it isn't like this is the only incident with Jay that has brought speculation. Could all of these incidents just be huge coincidences? Sure. But Ihave a hard time believing they are and I can't see how anyone can definitively say its all just innocent. On the flipside, I can't see any reason todefinitively deduct that Jay is an occultist or a Mason, either. But as corny as it sounds, there is more than meets the eye. There usually is in life--andthe entertainment/media industry is no different. And one thing that those who a part of the entertainment/media industry have gotten REALLY good at is makingsomething so blatant that it becomes unbelievable.

Originally Posted by greencelt06

ummm ok the discussion about the video is going like wayyyy out there, and i really dont care lol.

all i would like to know is what kind of jacket he was wearing in the video lol....

PLEASE HELP....

happy.gif

as far as the video goes.....i believe there are no such things as coincidences

this thread wouldnt have went past the first two pages if it was your average baller/rapper music video. maybe thats what jay wanted, to get yall talking abouthim again.

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

this thread wouldnt have went past the first two pages if it was your average baller/rapper music video. maybe thats what jay wanted, to get yall talking about him again.
son don't come through here with something that could make logical sense... this is a speculative thread.

Good luck getting your money back...especially after that ******ed paragraph I just stumbled through

seriously...if you know ANYTHING about FILM or VISUAL ARTS... ANYTHING....

why would someone include "random" images in something that costs them MILLIONS of dollars?

Just RANDOM...think about it.

That whole tome you just composed? you're describing the person you want to ostracize.

You're running from whats in front of you. Have fun on the treadmill...we're waiting off to the side for you.
Son do you work for ROC Nation... do you know what the budgetary expenses were for the video? Cost millions of dollars? Do you know that someartists don't even pay for their videos, especially when they market big name items ie Jag in the video. Like my grandma would say yall know so much butknow so LITTLE. I didn't even think you were knowledgable about ANYTHING outside of Drake. I sure will have fun with getting a legitimate education whilepeons sit an analize rap videos thinking their "deep" or "ahead of the curve" I guess finding out Jay-z is a mason will somehow open thedoors to a successful career that will provide for you & your family.

Now cats are visual arts experts
laugh.gif
roll.gif
... boy yall NTers are a jack of all trades. Lemme guess you learned aboutvisual arts from watching the making of Transformers.

how are you able to differentiate what's being posted as fact or fiction?
Answer your own question my @@$%+. What about everything YOU consider fact right now? Is that fiction? I don't think they're gonna giveyou the answer to that one in your political science courses.

I feel what Ye is getting at though. I feel like we're gaining more control over the substance in our culture. Who the hell needs MTV to play their musicvideo these days? Who the hell needs a 106? Being black we all ways here about how we need independence and entrepreneurship; well I feel like we have anopportunity to seize it and stop letting these business people ruin our artistic mediums for their financial gain.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Answer your own question my @@$%+. What about everything YOU consider fact right now? Is that fiction? I don't think they're gonna give you the answer to that one in your political science courses.

I feel what Ye is getting at though. I feel like we're gaining more control over the substance in our culture. Who the hell needs MTV to play their music video these days? Who the hell needs a 106? Being black we all ways here about how we need independence and entrepreneurship; well I feel like we have an opportunity to seize it and stop letting these business people ruin our artistic mediums for their financial gain.

I'd share a joint with you for this one king.

We got the world in our palms yet we fail to look towards ourselves for leadership.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Answer your own question my @@$%+. What about everything YOU consider fact right now? Is that fiction? I don't think they're gonna give you the answer to that one in your political science courses.

I feel what Ye is getting at though. I feel like we're gaining more control over the substance in our culture. Who the hell needs MTV to play their music video these days? Who the hell needs a 106? Being black we all ways here about how we need independence and entrepreneurship; well I feel like we have an opportunity to seize it and stop letting these business people ruin our artistic mediums for their financial gain.

Huh?? I brought up me majoring in Political Science because Haze asked why Im always talking politics in General, that wasn't in reference tothis topic.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Here's the thing, I dont know whats going on with Jay. All I know is that this video was beyond weird/creepy, therefore I dont like it. And to be frank, Jay has been declining as a rapper for a LONG time. More reason for me to finally Divorce Jay as my favorite rapper....Good riddens!

its kinda ironic u being a Alpha somebody on the outside looking in could say alpha's symbols, rituals are weird/creepy.
Every thing you need to know about my fraternity are of public record. Nothing subliminal about ours, or any other member of the Divine 9 forthat matter. In fact, wiki has a GOOD page on us, check us out
wink.gif

Why dudes still talking about devil worship & masonic images?
The thread was headed in a better direction.....

NostrandAve68 wrote:

NostrandAve68 wrote:

Come on son don't be moronic. The reason you don't see me trying to disapprove anything is because speaking on speculation is called ignorance. No one in this thread can neither prove nor disapprove the claim that Jay is a mason. Me speaking on it is similar to speaking on 9/11 being an inside job... just pure speculation bordering on propaganda. Dropping knowledge lol, son how are you able to differentiate what's being posted as fact or fiction? Your being shown a 2nd hand perspective on occult/symbolism, Haze I'm sure isn't in a secret society nor follows an occult so what he's learned isn't from a firsthand account. Yes this subject brings intrigue and is fascinating to most but at the end of the day its not fact based so why warp yourself around something that provides half truths. I'm just amazed at how Jay went from being simplistic compared to some of his peers to now being the most intricate rapper with a mastery of symbolism. What happened to him not being as deep as Nas. Now his rhymes got people deciphering his lyrics like its ancient hieroglyphics. Maybe some of y'all need to put more energy into more thoughtful thinking instead of thinking ur intellectuals because you over-analyze some lyrics. Read some real philosophical books on your own, it shouldn't take a rapper for cats to expand their mind. All the Socrates in this thread probably never took any type of philosophy course. It's good to have an affinity to attain knowledge but not all knowledge is useful. Btw Haze u been here long enough to know I speak to people directly if I have a qualm. No sneak dissing because when I clearly was referring to you I either addressed you or said your name. I definitely respect your mind from past posts in general but just don't see eye to eye on this topic. I double major in political science btw

Bruh, no disrespect or anything to you, but from the looks of it, you're already so far gone with the way you think that there's no turning back foryou. I mean you seriously seem like you're on some "You can tell me NOTHIN!" type stuff and its kinda sad man...

The reason you don't see me trying to disapprove anything is because speaking on speculation is called ignorance. No one in this thread can neither prove nor disapprove the claim that Jay is a mason. Me speaking on it is similar to speaking on 9/11 being an inside job...

Speaking on speculation is calle ignorance? REALLY?! I thought ignorance was IGNORING a matter? hmmm....
Do you have a religion that deals with any kind of God? Can you prove to me that your mother is in fact your mother from a FIRST HAND ACCOUNT as you like toput it? You see wher I'm going?

Haze I'm sure isn't in a secret society nor follows an occult so what he's learned isn't from a firsthand account.

You better know Haze on a real personal level for the sake of your entire arguement because if you dont, right now your entire arguement is null and void andyou're just a hypocrite like so many of us.

Yes this subject brings intrigue and is fascinating to most but at the end of the day its not fact based so why warp yourself around something that provides half truths.
Because everything that you're learning at your school is the whole truth, right?

Now his rhymes got people deciphering his lyrics like its ancient hieroglyphics. Maybe some of y'all need to put more energy into more thoughtful thinking instead of thinking ur intellectuals because you over-analyze some lyrics.
Son, you dont know how "thoughtful" thinking about stuff like this is. Who says you have to be profound in a certain subject in order tobe considered an intellectual? You thought people(the ones who are obviously serious at least) in this thread over-analyzed those lyrics? I really hate to sayit again, but you seem like you're so far gone that there's no turning back. So what Jay (or any musician/artist for that matter)spits/draws/films/records should be taken for face value? Exactly what you see/hear it as and nothing more?

Read some real philosophical books on your own, it shouldn't take a rapper for cats to expand their mind.
What's wrong with a rapper opening the idea of expanding your mind? What's wrong with ANYTHING opening the idea? What would you suggest isa good idea to cue a mind expanding thought process? Philosophy is the matter at hand here?

All the Socrates in this thread probably never took any type of philosophy course.
Ohhhhhh!!! So is THAT what it takes in order for people to speak on a subject? Formal institutionalized education is what we need? Ooookaaay...I'm anxious to see your response.

Because everything that you're learning at your school is the whole truth, right?
Point out where I said that anywhere in my post. I'll wait.....
Can you prove to me that your mother is in fact your mother from a FIRST HAND ACCOUNT as you like to put it? You see wher I'm going?
No honestly I didn't see where your going because that was quite possibly the dumbest example you could use to rebut what I said.

Ohhhhhh!!! So is THAT what it takes in order for people to speak on a subject? Formal institutionalized education is what we need? Ooookaaay... I'm anxious to see your response.
Nope but it brings about the foundation for people to start expanding their mind. Question for the majority of your life until now how were youeducated? self thought or American school system.

Point out where I said that anywhere in my post. I'll wait.....
Can you prove to me that your mother is in fact your mother from a FIRST HAND ACCOUNT as you like to put it? You see wher I'm going?
No honestly I didn't see where your going because that was quite possibly the dumbest example you could use to rebut what I said.

Ohhhhhh!!! So is THAT what it takes in order for people to speak on a subject? Formal institutionalized education is what we need? Ooookaaay... I'm anxious to see your response.
Nope but it brings about the foundation for people to start expanding their mind. Question for the majority of your life until now how were you educated? self thought or American school system.

laugh.gif
@ your avy compared to your posts.

But seriously i see where your coming from, but it's all in your presentation. You bring your thoughts to the table on some "holier than thou"type !%$$, dudes would respect your mind more if you would discuss instead of argue.

Back
Top Bottom