*VIDEO On to the Next One VIDEO* Vol. Weird

I was at Borders yesterday and I knew I forgot to pick something up.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

OMG you guys are ridiculous.
laugh.gif
Anyone can make a video with symbolism in it, but does it really mean anything? "OMG Jayz has masonic symbolism in his video, I'm not listening to him anymore". Is it a possibility that Jayz knows people all think he's a mason and he's tryna play it up?

Fundamentally, how does Jay-z or any artist (movies, music, art, sculpure) symbolism affect you? Many artists draw symbolic inspiration from various spiritual sources (occult, religious, extraterrestrial).
Have you read anything in this thread? Be honest
Not gonna lie, I didn't. I just assumed it was another, Jay-z is a devil worshipper thread. Look at so and so video.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Anyone can make a video with symbolism in it, but does it really mean anything? "OMG Jayz has masonic symbolism in his video, I'm not listening to him anymore". Is it a possibility that Jayz knows people all think he's a mason and he's tryna play it up?

Fundamentally, how does Jay-z or any artist (movies, music, art, sculpure) symbolism affect you? Many artists draw symbolic inspiration from various spiritual sources (occult, religious, extraterrestrial).
On the real. Let's be honest ...

Symbolism affects a lot of things. It can totally change the way you interpret things. We all know the peace symbol ...

But what if I told you it was the symbol for transportation of slaves in the slave trade? That can totally change the way you look at things.

It's not how it affects you personally or individually all the time, but more so about how it affects a group of people.

"To know wisdom and instruction, to perceive the words of understanding, Toreceive the instruction of wisdom, Justice, judgment, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion - A wise manwill hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel, To understand a proverb and an enigma,the words of the wise and their riddles. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, butfools despise wisdom and instruction."

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

It would be interesting to see an interview with Jay about this video.

Everyone keeps saying this like he cant
simply brush it off and dismiss it.
grin.gif

I'm done with this thread, I'm gonna read that book that Haze mentioned and possibly do my own studying of symbolism and possibly look into alternatereligions.

Nice to see that this thread is taking a turn for the better. (minus the usuals)

I had Ancient Future on the shelf for sometime now but
never had the time to actually read it yet.

Finally sat down and got to it earlier today and so far so good.

For those who would like to give it a quick glimpse here is a hyperlink.

Ancient Future

Though I would still recommend actually purchasing.
Articles like these through mulitple readings can be understood from a different perspective
come time and wisdom, plus its always nice to have a reference on deck.
That's why its essential to have books on hand.

laugh.gif

Not gonna lie, I didn't. I just assumed it was another, Jay-z is a devil worshipper thread. Look at so and so video.
laugh.gif
It was going that way before Haze started to post. I wouldn't be surprised if some ppl who've stopped posting and reading this threadstill think that. What you said is somewhat my stance on it. The symbolism really aint affecting nobody? And after some of these things have been explained itstill isn't affecting anyone unless they decide to go look up knowledge on knowing thyself and attaining enlightenment.

I just read up on certain things just to know tho..... when I find it interesting.

From Kanye's Blog...
[h5]http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...-1_1_2010_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=[/h5]
[h5]FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE. NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!![/h5]
[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif
I predict a careerdecline if he keeps this %+!! up, word to MJ.

Well one thing is for sure--this video has made everyone forget how awful this song is.

+1 for Jay.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

From Kanye's Blog...
[h5]http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...-1_1_2010_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=[/h5]
[h5]FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE. NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!![/h5]
[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif
I predict a career decline if he keeps this %+!! up, word to MJ.

Whats this have to do with Jay? And MJ?

The only question I have is how does this stuff connect jay to being a satanist/devil-worshipper/whatever? It's not out of the question to see thathe's "enlightened" in a manner similar to 5%ers and such but where does the devil stuff come in?

Originally Posted by DJ236

The only question I have is how does this stuff connect jay to being a satanist/devil-worshipper/whatever? It's not out of the question to see that he's "enlightened" in a manner similar to 5%ers and such but where does the devil stuff come in?
People are misinformed about topics such as masonry and the illuminati and draw incorrect assumptions.

Plus other threads have been titled "Jay-Z is a devil worshiper" and people just see that and believe it.

From Kanye's Blog...
[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif

Well Jay may or may not be pushing for people to open their third eye, and Kanye is pushing the idea that we don't need to look to the mediafor the truth.

MJ started making more positive music and more "They Don't Care About Us" type songs later in his career, and the media was having none of that.This is in addition to publicly speaking out against "higher ups" and what not...

MichaelJoe.jpg

Wearing a thin red string (as a type of talisman) is a custom, popularly thought to be associated with Judaism's Kabbalah, to ward off misfortune brought about by an "evil eye" (עין הרע in Hebrew). In Yiddish the red string is called a roite bindele.

The red string itself is usually made from thin red wool thread. It is worn, or tied, as a type of bracelet or "band" on the left wrist of the wearer (the receiving side).

From Kanye's Blog...

[h5]FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING
NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS
THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK
IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY
REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A
WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN
IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US
LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE.
NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!![/h5]

[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif
I predict a career
decline if he keeps this %+!! up, word to MJ.

With the way Kanye put his all into his work I could never see his career decline. I will even go out on a limb and say 808's and Heartbreak might havebeen the only classic album released last decade. When I say classic I mean the album will have life beyond the generation it was released to for example seealbums like The Dark Side of The Moon, Bob Marley's Legend and Pruple Rain. Not trying to hurt any of the older cats feelings but the younger generationdoes not care about EMPD, Rakim, or even NWA. Don't get me wrong there is a such thing as a classic rap albums (Blue Print, Illmatic, and Atliens) butpeople who don't listen to rap don't care for those albums.

Originally Posted by RedMan

From Kanye's Blog...

[h5]FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS! I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING
NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS
THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER. WE WILL FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GILL SCOTT HERRON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK
IMPROVED WITH TIME. THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE. THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY
REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE HISTORY YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A
WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN
IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE "CONSUMER", THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO. LET US
LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE. WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON'T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE.
NOW I'LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME LOL!!![/h5]

[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif
I predict a career
decline if he keeps this %+!! up, word to MJ.

With the way Kanye put his all into his work I could never see his career decline. I will even go out on a limb and say 808's and Heartbreak might have been the only classic album released last decade. When I say classic I mean the album will have life beyond the generation it was released to for example see albums like The Dark Side of The Moon, Bob Marley's Legend and Pruple Rain. Not trying to hurt any of the older cats feelings but the younger generation does not care about EMPD, Rakim, or even NWA. Don't get me wrong there is a such thing as a classic rap albums (Blue Print, Illmatic, and Atliens) but people who don't listen to rap don't care for those albums.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Did this dude really just compare 808's to The Dark Side of the Moon? Purple Rain? REALLY?

Fam, 808's is barely remembered now. That %*!$ isn't avant-garde at all, despite what 'Ye wants you to believe.

Originally Posted by RedMan

With the way Kanye put his all into his work I could never see his career decline. I will even go out on a limb and say 808's and Heartbreak might have been the only classic album released last decade. When I say classic I mean the album will have life beyond the generation it was released to for example see albums like The Dark Side of The Moon, Bob Marley's Legend and Pruple Rain. Not trying to hurt any of the older cats feelings but the younger generation does not care about EMPD, Rakim, or even NWA. Don't get me wrong there is a such thing as a classic rap albums (Blue Print, Illmatic, and Atliens) but people who don't listen to rap don't care for those albums.

Well Jay may or may not be pushing for people to open their third eye.

MJ started making more positive music and more "They Don't Care About Us" type songs later in his career, and the media was having none of that. This is in addition to publicly speaking out against "higher ups" and what not...

MichaelJoe.jpg

Wearing a thin red string (as a type of talisman) is a custom, popularly thought to be associated with Judaism's Kabbalah, to ward off misfortune brought about by an "evil eye" (עין הרע in Hebrew). In Yiddish the red string is called a roite bindele.

The red string itself is usually made from thin red wool thread. It is worn, or tied, as a type of bracelet or "band" on the left wrist of the wearer (the receiving side).

Moms had me wear that bracelet when I was an infant.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It was going that way before Haze started to post. I wouldn't be surprised if some ppl who've stopped posting and reading this thread still think that. What you said is somewhat my stance on it. The symbolism really aint affecting nobody? And after some of these things have been explained it still isn't affecting anyone unless they decide to go look up knowledge on knowing thyself and attaining enlightenment.

I just read up on certain things just to know tho..... when I find it interesting.
This is what I was getting at, most people don't know about Jayz being a mason or what any of those images mean. I don't know what thishas to do with enlightenment or knowing thyself, but none of it means anything to the average consumer of his music who has no knowledge of these symbols.

Symbolism can be powerful (not necessarily in a spiritual/supernatural manner), as a way for legitimizing or strengthening certain beliefs. The effectsymbolism has on a individual is a result of their own background, beliefs, values, culture, nationality...etc

For example to a Christian, the cross is a powerful symbol....to an atheist it means nothing.
To an American, the flag is a powerful symbol of American pride and grandeur....to Al Qaeda it is a symbol of evil and the enemy.

Symbolism is all about perspective.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Well one thing is for sure--this video has made everyone forget how awful this song is.

+1 for Jay.

got damnit applaud this man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

Well Jay may or may not be pushing for people to open their third eye.

MJ started making more positive music and more "They Don't Care About Us" type songs later in his career, and the media was having none of that. This is in addition to publicly speaking out against "higher ups" and what not...

MichaelJoe.jpg

Moms had me wear that bracelet when I was an infant.
nerd.gif

I'm about to cop.

From Kanye's Blog...
[h6]01.02.2010[/h6]
nerd.gif

This is the best thing I've heard from Kanye in a long time. If he can make anything with half the social consciousness of a Gil Scott Herontrack, I'll be more than happy. Also worth noting is the second part of the paragraph, where he pretty much goes against hidden agendas and propaganda wesee all too often in our society. Interesting...

Back
Top Bottom