Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

According to a new report out of the East Asian supply chain, Apple's second iPhone manufacturer just increased its production plans for CDMA iPhones by 50% on expected demand from developing markets. Digitimes reports that Pegatron, which joined traditional iPhone manufacturer Foxconn last year, is raising its production target from 10 million to 15 million units. The expectation that customers of CDMA carriers in countries like China, Japan, South Korea and India will snap up iPhones in large numbers reportedly led to the increase.

Apple's manufacturing plan is for Foxconn to solely handle the production of CDMA iPhones destined for the US, with Pegatron taking care of shipments to the rest of the world. Pegatron had originally expected to produce around 10 million CDMA iPhones in 2011, but reportedly has increased that forecast to anywhere from 12 to 15 million. The reason: growing demand for the iPhone among users of CDMA carriers in the rapidly developing economies of South Asia. While GSM carriers represent a much larger market overall with over 1.5 billion subscribers worldwide, there are still about 600 million CDMA subscribers, most of them in the Asia Pacific region. So while Verizon in the US was obviously the largest target for Apple, there is still significant demand in Asia, which will only grow as the iPhone 4 is replaced by the iPhone 5 (which some expect will be a dual-mode GSM-CDMA phone) and prices drop for the older device.

Pegatron Technology was spun off from the Taiwanese computer products manufacturer Asustek last year. Though it still makes devices and components for Asus and other computer manufacturers like Acer, the new company is making less than expected and is hoping for this increase of 20% to 50% over initial estimates to boost its bottom line. Digitimes estimates the cost of the CDMA iPhone 4 at $190-200 US, as compared to $188 for the GSM iPhone 4.

been a while since this thread has seen the front page new info about preorders and such.

Apple Issues 'Friendly Reminder' of Overnight Verizon iPhone Launch
[table][tr][td]
http://modmyi.com/images/Messany/vphonefinally.jpg[table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td][td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x338.[/td][/tr][/table]
vphonefinally.jpg

In approximately twelve hours, the long wait for Verizon customers will officially come to an end. Beginning at 3:00 a.m. EST Thursday morning, pre-orders for the Verizon iPhone will commence. And despite a barrage of media heralding the launch - and even a nifty little countdown clock on the Verizon website - Apple is taking no chances on the eve of Verizon's iPhone launch. Consequently, the Cupertino marketing machine is flexing its own promotional muscle Wednesday just in case one or two people on the planet still haven't heard about the new Verizon iPhone.

Bright and early today, Apple issued a press release gently reminding current and prospective customers that the CDMA incarnation of the iPhone 4 will go on sale overnight via the Apple online store, as well as Verizon's digital storefront. With overwhelming demand widely expected even for the middle-of-the-night roll out, Apple has taken a page out of Verizon's playbook and is asserting with a bullhorn that online Orders will be processed on a first come, first served basis.

This may be Apple's way of reiterating Verizon's unstated warning that high demand may either cause servers to crash or the product-well to run dry before everyone gets what they've waited three years for. Following the start of pre-orders tomorrow morning, beginning at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, February 10, the Verizon iPhone 4 will be available to all qualified customers at Apple’s retail stores and more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores across the US.

Apple
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/02/02iphone.html
[/td][/tr][/table]

been a while since this thread has seen the front page new info about preorders and such.

Apple Issues 'Friendly Reminder' of Overnight Verizon iPhone Launch
[table][tr][td]
http://modmyi.com/images/Messany/vphonefinally.jpg[table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td][td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x338.[/td][/tr][/table]
vphonefinally.jpg

In approximately twelve hours, the long wait for Verizon customers will officially come to an end. Beginning at 3:00 a.m. EST Thursday morning, pre-orders for the Verizon iPhone will commence. And despite a barrage of media heralding the launch - and even a nifty little countdown clock on the Verizon website - Apple is taking no chances on the eve of Verizon's iPhone launch. Consequently, the Cupertino marketing machine is flexing its own promotional muscle Wednesday just in case one or two people on the planet still haven't heard about the new Verizon iPhone.

Bright and early today, Apple issued a press release gently reminding current and prospective customers that the CDMA incarnation of the iPhone 4 will go on sale overnight via the Apple online store, as well as Verizon's digital storefront. With overwhelming demand widely expected even for the middle-of-the-night roll out, Apple has taken a page out of Verizon's playbook and is asserting with a bullhorn that online Orders will be processed on a first come, first served basis.

This may be Apple's way of reiterating Verizon's unstated warning that high demand may either cause servers to crash or the product-well to run dry before everyone gets what they've waited three years for. Following the start of pre-orders tomorrow morning, beginning at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, February 10, the Verizon iPhone 4 will be available to all qualified customers at Apple’s retail stores and more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores across the US.

Apple
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/02/02iphone.html
[/td][/tr][/table]

They still haven't said anything about plans/data rates right?
And I'm really not feelin' the 3am wake up call but we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

Voice plans are the same as what is already offering. Data rates are going to be 30 a month for unlimited but I am not sure if that includes hotspot.

Voice plans are the same as what is already offering. Data rates are going to be 30 a month for unlimited but I am not sure if that includes hotspot.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

If we're talking strictly phones then no single smartphone, android or otherwise, is seeing the iPhone sales wise.

Now if you're talking Android OS devices versus IOS devices things would actually be somewhat interesting.
That's what this debate was originally about, than that dude insanebolt got butt hurt when I brought facts that showed Android OS is leading the mobile market, EVEN after the iPhone 4 released AND has a bigger user base than he wanna argue sales of JUST the iPhone 4
roll.gif
son is drunk off sippin job's bath water if he thinks ISO is leading android.
laugh.gif

If we're talking strictly phones then no single smartphone, android or otherwise, is seeing the iPhone sales wise.

Now if you're talking Android OS devices versus IOS devices things would actually be somewhat interesting.
That's what this debate was originally about, than that dude insanebolt got butt hurt when I brought facts that showed Android OS is leading the mobile market, EVEN after the iPhone 4 released AND has a bigger user base than he wanna argue sales of JUST the iPhone 4
roll.gif
son is drunk off sippin job's bath water if he thinks ISO is leading android.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

roll.gif
son is drunk off sippin job's bath water if he thinks android is leading IOS...
laugh.gif
Only thing Android is leading is handset sales my man and even those numbers are suspect. Track down the source for actual device sales for Android and it is near impossible to even find total sales for one product.

edit: Also I can already find 2 instances within the last past 6 months where someone was lieing about sales of Adroid Devices. First was the Evo 4g where sprint said they sold 300k in the first weekend when it was actually 150k. Now Samsungs numbers have been totally WRONG and people are reporting false numbers for their sales. Anywhere you search for Samsung numbers for the Galaxy S sales you will see something like that 10 million sold when in fact that isnt true they have  SHIPPED 10 million units. And even funnier fact is the Galaxy Tablet has a had a return rate of 16% in a recent study.

roll.gif
son is drunk off sippin job's bath water if he thinks android is leading IOS...
laugh.gif
Only thing Android is leading is handset sales my man and even those numbers are suspect. Track down the source for actual device sales for Android and it is near impossible to even find total sales for one product.

edit: Also I can already find 2 instances within the last past 6 months where someone was lieing about sales of Adroid Devices. First was the Evo 4g where sprint said they sold 300k in the first weekend when it was actually 150k. Now Samsungs numbers have been totally WRONG and people are reporting false numbers for their sales. Anywhere you search for Samsung numbers for the Galaxy S sales you will see something like that 10 million sold when in fact that isnt true they have  SHIPPED 10 million units. And even funnier fact is the Galaxy Tablet has a had a return rate of 16% in a recent study.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

hotspot is extra

hotspot is extra

what you don't get is army of superphones carrying android on mulitiple carriers >> iphone on 2 carriers

what you don't get is army of superphones carrying android on mulitiple carriers >> iphone on 2 carriers

How you figure that? If iPhone with just GSM sold 16 million in a quarter wouldnt it be ok to assume that the CDMA version will atleast sell 16 million also? Thats 32 million right there which is ~about what they said Android pushed this quarter (but I dont really believe those numbers without a source). Also add into the fact that people on Verizon will now be buying iPhone over Android. Instead of being forced to buying an Android phone they have the option. If you add into iPad sales and iPod touch sales than iPhone will be ahead. iPad is still and will ALWAYS be the best selling tablet. iPod will ALWAYS be best selling personal media device.

How you figure that? If iPhone with just GSM sold 16 million in a quarter wouldnt it be ok to assume that the CDMA version will atleast sell 16 million also? Thats 32 million right there which is ~about what they said Android pushed this quarter (but I dont really believe those numbers without a source). Also add into the fact that people on Verizon will now be buying iPhone over Android. Instead of being forced to buying an Android phone they have the option. If you add into iPad sales and iPod touch sales than iPhone will be ahead. iPad is still and will ALWAYS be the best selling tablet. iPod will ALWAYS be best selling personal media device.

I am not gonna wake up at 3am tonight just to get my Verizon iPhone..i will wake up at my normal time everyday (6:45am)..and go on the computer like i always do and proceed to the checkout
pimp.gif

Should b fairly easy to cop..

I am not gonna wake up at 3am tonight just to get my Verizon iPhone..i will wake up at my normal time everyday (6:45am)..and go on the computer like i always do and proceed to the checkout
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxgod

pimp.gif

You should be good at least for 24 hours. Since its Verizon Existing customers first you wont have to worry about those who are trying to switch services. MAKE SURE YOU DO SHIPPING TO YOUR HOUSE AND NOT PICK UP. I preordered my iphone 4 and did store pickup and I was in line for 7 hours. Apple is really good at telling you when you will get your phone so if it says you will get it on launch you will get it on launch. I think after 2 days of pre orders they stopped promising launch shipments for online orders.

pimp.gif

You should be good at least for 24 hours. Since its Verizon Existing customers first you wont have to worry about those who are trying to switch services. MAKE SURE YOU DO SHIPPING TO YOUR HOUSE AND NOT PICK UP. I preordered my iphone 4 and did store pickup and I was in line for 7 hours. Apple is really good at telling you when you will get your phone so if it says you will get it on launch you will get it on launch. I think after 2 days of pre orders they stopped promising launch shipments for online orders.

pimp.gif

Thanks for the advice! I plan on using my new every two credit towards the 32gb..and shipping it to my house was the first idea that popped into my head..the phone won't do me any good if I want the phone ASAP..

Verizon reps told me that it may take at least a week to arrive tho..is that normal?

pimp.gif

Thanks for the advice! I plan on using my new every two credit towards the 32gb..and shipping it to my house was the first idea that popped into my head..the phone won't do me any good if I want the phone ASAP..

Verizon reps told me that it may take at least a week to arrive tho..is that normal?

pimp.gif

Thats not true at all if you do it through the Apple Store. For the iPhone 4 MANY people got the phone a day early if they had it shipped to their house. This is what it says on the Apple store about the early pre orders
We’ve set aside a limited quantity of iPhone 4 models for existing Verizon customers to pre-order from the Apple Online Store for free delivery on or before February 10.

I am not sure though about if you order through Verizon though.

pimp.gif

Thats not true at all if you do it through the Apple Store. For the iPhone 4 MANY people got the phone a day early if they had it shipped to their house. This is what it says on the Apple store about the early pre orders
We’ve set aside a limited quantity of iPhone 4 models for existing Verizon customers to pre-order from the Apple Online Store for free delivery on or before February 10.

I am not sure though about if you order through Verizon though.

Back
Top Bottom