Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Keef100Laflare

usainboltisfast wrote:
Honestly I think they should limit the phones, I think htc, motorola, samsung, should develop 1 maybe 2 high end android device....each capable of running the same OS...do away with this second rate phones, half of those phones have issues with apps in the app store any way....Or like you said, google should push the nexus line
That's something that has really bothering me, how many damn phones they've put out. HTC used to put out a few high end phones through out the year. Anything they've put out after the Evo has really been eh, a bunch of carrier variants and nothing with a wow factor, their quality has fallen off. I can understand that not everyone wants a 4inch plus screen but when the phone is all touch screen putting something out that is less than 3.7 inches, isn't the best idea but maybe I'm being baised since my screen 4 inches and I wouldn't anything less
laugh.gif
But yea all these mid end phones are holding Android back. But I think since a lot of companies are making phones with a 1GHz processor and some dual core eing a 1-1.2GHz and high resolutions, things can move forward at a better rate. 

Its only going to get worse. Now that some phones are going dual core it's going to outdate certain things way to fast. If you bought a phone a year ago you are already leaps and beyond behind some of the newer phones. The average consumer isnt going to buy a new phone without a subsidized price. With verizon getting rid of the every 2 promotion some people are going to be 20 months behind potentially.Outside hardware ive noticed os fragmentation occurring on android. I think it is completely unfair they way certain phone makers are treating certain phone users in regards to android updates. If google can come with solution to univerisalize the update process similar to iOS.
qft. as i said, at least with apple, you know you'll get a good year out of your phone before the next model hits, & your phone will still be supported for quite a while after the new model drops. With android its 800Mhz in march, 1GHZ in september, dual core in december & your phone is old in like 3 months.

But isn't that the same with everything. Dual core just came out, and even with that out a lot of phones are still 1GHz, and yea even if your phone may technically be considered "old" in a short time, it won't be problem, such as the Nexus One is a year old and it was one of the first phones to receive the  2.3 update. The technology put into the phones, they can utilize the OS in an efficient manner and a lasting manner. For the the most part, I know HTC, Motoral, and Samsung wait a year or so to release a follow up to a previous phone. They may put out a new phone but it won't be a follow up and if so it may be for a different carrier that wants a follow up and didn't get the previous phone. As for the speed of the processor, a lot of companies underclock them, the structure allows them to run the OS greatly even at a lower speed. You can take Windows Phone 7 for example, the HTC phones, some of them were built similar to the Nexus One and HD7 is basically the HD2, using old technology and the OS and phone run wonderfully. Yes, there are points where an phone won't be able to use the latest OS due to it's age such as the G1 but just because something may h ave "old" technology, that doesn't make it obsolete.

laugh.gif
How come?
  I asked that same question to the person that confirmed it but got no answer, they wanted to keep their job its all good.
Not a big deal anymore but its interesting to know it was almost a done deal.

laugh.gif
 dont believe this guy

he was guaranteeing a t-mobile iPhone 1st quarter in 2010, then says it was coming out by the end of the year or something

i seriously doubt t-mobile would have done like anything to get the iPhone and if there were talks, Apple would be the ones to back out 

This guy always tryna go against the facts, T mobile said "look out for the iphone, were about to get this deal done" I didnt guarantee anything, the info was out, take it for what its worth.
Then like many big business operations it took longer to process, somethings went up in the air and it didnt happend.

What have you confirmed? what useful info you got?

I got customers all over the country even worldwide, and the good people of NT that support me 100.

Im busy.

laugh.gif
How come?
  I asked that same question to the person that confirmed it but got no answer, they wanted to keep their job its all good.
Not a big deal anymore but its interesting to know it was almost a done deal.

laugh.gif
 dont believe this guy

he was guaranteeing a t-mobile iPhone 1st quarter in 2010, then says it was coming out by the end of the year or something

i seriously doubt t-mobile would have done like anything to get the iPhone and if there were talks, Apple would be the ones to back out 

This guy always tryna go against the facts, T mobile said "look out for the iphone, were about to get this deal done" I didnt guarantee anything, the info was out, take it for what its worth.
Then like many big business operations it took longer to process, somethings went up in the air and it didnt happend.

What have you confirmed? what useful info you got?

I got customers all over the country even worldwide, and the good people of NT that support me 100.

Im busy.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

when will people realize that the game would be so much different if apple put out multiple phones a quarter like android does, this debate is so unnecessary

THIS and even if more people do use Android, Google dosn't get a cut of app nor mobile phone sales...thats a major L 

when will people realize that the game would be so much different if apple put out multiple phones a quarter like android does, this debate is so unnecessary

THIS and even if more people do use Android, Google dosn't get a cut of app nor mobile phone sales...thats a major L 

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Google has Admob, they pull in millions of dollars on IOS and the Android platform. Thats a major Win.

Google has Admob, they pull in millions of dollars on IOS and the Android platform. Thats a major Win.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Admob is different than what that guy is talking about. He is referring to the actual revenue split of the applications. on iOS its 70/30 with 70 going to the developer 30 going to apple on Android its 70 to the developer and 30 to the carriers and "billing settlement fees". Admob though is very lucrative to google but dont forget Apples iAds is coming strong. Many developers have been prefering iAd or Admob on the iphone SDK forum.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Admob is different than what that guy is talking about. He is referring to the actual revenue split of the applications. on iOS its 70/30 with 70 going to the developer 30 going to apple on Android its 70 to the developer and 30 to the carriers and "billing settlement fees". Admob though is very lucrative to google but dont forget Apples iAds is coming strong. Many developers have been prefering iAd or Admob on the iphone SDK forum.

At&t confirmed 20 new handsets in 2011 and all will be 4g, I cant wait till I see what the equivalent of an HTC Evo would be like.
LTE will begin middle of this year and the iphone 5 will be on LTE,

What I see happening in the future is Verizon drops an iphone 4 LTE version end of 3rd quarter this year and then drop the iphone 5 1st quarter 2012.

At&t confirmed 20 new handsets in 2011 and all will be 4g, I cant wait till I see what the equivalent of an HTC Evo would be like.
LTE will begin middle of this year and the iphone 5 will be on LTE,

What I see happening in the future is Verizon drops an iphone 4 LTE version end of 3rd quarter this year and then drop the iphone 5 1st quarter 2012.

Stupid question that's probably been asked 100 times in this thread.

Can iPhone 4's from AT&T and Verizon Facetime with each other?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

They should be able to but guys THERE IS SKYPE NOW FOR iPHONE. YOU DONT NEED WIFI TO USE SKYPE VIDEO CALLING ON iPHONE!! There is an android port supposed to be coming for Skype soon so i suspect Skype being the #1 mobile video calling application.

Also in other news...

Apple will announce it's FY 2011 First Quarter Earnings Results earnings on Tuesday, January 18 at 5:00 P.M. EST. Apple will provide live audio streaming of the call, and the stream will be available for two weeks after.

The earnings call will reveal just how well Apple products sold during the holiday season. With the recent report that PC sales were not stellar during the same period, many analysts are speculating that consumers opted for iPads and Macs instead of buying a new PC.

Another report from Fortune predicts that Apple may have sold as many as four million macs during this past quarter. Of the 31 analysts polled in the report, the average was 3.84 million macs. This was first quarter to feature the revamped Macbook Air at a much more consumer-friendly price, and new iMac models were released during the summer months.

Although we'll have to wait until Tuesday for the official numbers, unofficial results appear extremely high across the board, not just for the new Macs. Another report looked at 50 apple retail stores, and it seems evident that consumers flocked to the iPad during it's first holiday season. Analyst Chris Whitmore pointed out that Apple benefited great because the iPad had "almost no competition," and even raised his prediction of 15 million iPhones sold worldwide to 16 million.

Whitmore adds that he believes the company has its "strongest offering since it began," and based on recent earnings, Apple is poised to reveal a record earnings quarter that may exceed the company's lofty estimates.

Source:
Apple
Fortune

They should be able to but guys THERE IS SKYPE NOW FOR iPHONE. YOU DONT NEED WIFI TO USE SKYPE VIDEO CALLING ON iPHONE!! There is an android port supposed to be coming for Skype soon so i suspect Skype being the #1 mobile video calling application.

Also in other news...

Apple will announce it's FY 2011 First Quarter Earnings Results earnings on Tuesday, January 18 at 5:00 P.M. EST. Apple will provide live audio streaming of the call, and the stream will be available for two weeks after.

The earnings call will reveal just how well Apple products sold during the holiday season. With the recent report that PC sales were not stellar during the same period, many analysts are speculating that consumers opted for iPads and Macs instead of buying a new PC.

Another report from Fortune predicts that Apple may have sold as many as four million macs during this past quarter. Of the 31 analysts polled in the report, the average was 3.84 million macs. This was first quarter to feature the revamped Macbook Air at a much more consumer-friendly price, and new iMac models were released during the summer months.

Although we'll have to wait until Tuesday for the official numbers, unofficial results appear extremely high across the board, not just for the new Macs. Another report looked at 50 apple retail stores, and it seems evident that consumers flocked to the iPad during it's first holiday season. Analyst Chris Whitmore pointed out that Apple benefited great because the iPad had "almost no competition," and even raised his prediction of 15 million iPhones sold worldwide to 16 million.

Whitmore adds that he believes the company has its "strongest offering since it began," and based on recent earnings, Apple is poised to reveal a record earnings quarter that may exceed the company's lofty estimates.

Source:
Apple
Fortune

iOS 4.3 Driver Bundle Hints at Faster GPU
[table][tr][td]
http://modmyi.com/images/pauldanielash/powervr.jpg[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
powervr.jpg

The discovery of a new driver bundle inside the iOS 4.3 beta is suggesting a potentially radical leap in performance for iDevices. The PowerVR SGX543, the smallest OpenCL-capable graphics core, isn't used in any current iOS device, but its inclusion in the beta suggests one or more future device will incorporate it. The power of this co-processor could lead to iPads and iPhones that have comparable performance to notebook computers.

Apple currently uses Imagination Technology's PowerVR SGX535 as the graphics coprocessor in the A4 chip. This is the same GPU used in the iPhone 3GS, as well as the Motorola Droid and the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab. It supports OpenGL 2.0 and can render up to 28 million polygons per second with a fillrate of 500 million pixels per second. The next-generation SGX543, by comparison, can render 35 million polygons per second with a fillrate of 1 billion pixels per second. Additionally, the SGX543 supports OpenCL, which means that programs will be able to access the GPU for non-graphical processing, drastically boosting power. It can be stacked it a multi-core configuration, though there might not be space inside the successor to the A4 system-on-a-chip for more than a single graphics core.

Up to the current generation, iOS devices have been perhaps better known for the quality of its software than the speed of its hardware. In 2011, if this chip comes to the platform and growing rumors about a multicore processor are to be believed, that could all be set to change.

Source: AppleInsider
[/td][/tr][/table]

iOS 4.3 Driver Bundle Hints at Faster GPU
[table][tr][td]
http://modmyi.com/images/pauldanielash/powervr.jpg[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
powervr.jpg

The discovery of a new driver bundle inside the iOS 4.3 beta is suggesting a potentially radical leap in performance for iDevices. The PowerVR SGX543, the smallest OpenCL-capable graphics core, isn't used in any current iOS device, but its inclusion in the beta suggests one or more future device will incorporate it. The power of this co-processor could lead to iPads and iPhones that have comparable performance to notebook computers.

Apple currently uses Imagination Technology's PowerVR SGX535 as the graphics coprocessor in the A4 chip. This is the same GPU used in the iPhone 3GS, as well as the Motorola Droid and the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab. It supports OpenGL 2.0 and can render up to 28 million polygons per second with a fillrate of 500 million pixels per second. The next-generation SGX543, by comparison, can render 35 million polygons per second with a fillrate of 1 billion pixels per second. Additionally, the SGX543 supports OpenCL, which means that programs will be able to access the GPU for non-graphical processing, drastically boosting power. It can be stacked it a multi-core configuration, though there might not be space inside the successor to the A4 system-on-a-chip for more than a single graphics core.

Up to the current generation, iOS devices have been perhaps better known for the quality of its software than the speed of its hardware. In 2011, if this chip comes to the platform and growing rumors about a multicore processor are to be believed, that could all be set to change.

Source: AppleInsider
[/td][/tr][/table]

Yall some loyal dedicated phone fans in here
laugh.gif
five paragraph essays supporting apple like you work at the HQ lol

Yall some loyal dedicated phone fans in here
laugh.gif
five paragraph essays supporting apple like you work at the HQ lol

^smh i know right. If these dudes spent half the time they used argueing over phones on their real lives then there wont be that many girl help/extreme social awkwardness threads on here.

^smh i know right. If these dudes spent half the time they used argueing over phones on their real lives then there wont be that many girl help/extreme social awkwardness threads on here.

Facetime works with anybody else who has the app (its available for Macs & iPod touches too) so simply put, YES
ISRAEL5EKLA wrote:

thats a RETARTED prediction
roll.gif

1. Verizon just got rid of their upgrade "credit" program (where you get $50 - 100 credit towards a new phone every year)

2. Verizon uses CDMA networks so the chipset in Apple's GSM (AT&T) iPhones is NOT THE SAME

3. why in the hell would Verizon drop an iPhone in February & another one by the end of the year? NO OTHER CARRIER in N. Ameria, Europe, or Asia that carries the iPhone has EVER done that.

Facetime works with anybody else who has the app (its available for Macs & iPod touches too) so simply put, YES
ISRAEL5EKLA wrote:

thats a RETARTED prediction
roll.gif

1. Verizon just got rid of their upgrade "credit" program (where you get $50 - 100 credit towards a new phone every year)

2. Verizon uses CDMA networks so the chipset in Apple's GSM (AT&T) iPhones is NOT THE SAME

3. why in the hell would Verizon drop an iPhone in February & another one by the end of the year? NO OTHER CARRIER in N. Ameria, Europe, or Asia that carries the iPhone has EVER done that.

^I was tripping when I said the iphone 5 would drop 1st quarter 2012 more like 3rd quarter.

What does #2 have anything to do with what I said? thats common knowledge, ok and?
#3, the only carrier to officially have the iphone is at&t to this point, again what are you trying to say?

Its hard to predict what Verizon and At&t will release and at what point, its all up in the air until word comes out.

^I was tripping when I said the iphone 5 would drop 1st quarter 2012 more like 3rd quarter.

What does #2 have anything to do with what I said? thats common knowledge, ok and?
#3, the only carrier to officially have the iphone is at&t to this point, again what are you trying to say?

Its hard to predict what Verizon and At&t will release and at what point, its all up in the air until word comes out.

Back
Top Bottom