Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

the iPhone 5 is releasing before or after the iPad 2 THIS YEAR. it has a new Cortex A9-based multicore processor (A5 code-name) & Qualcomm pitched their 4G mobile phone chipset to Apple last year.

the iPhone 5 is releasing before or after the iPad 2 THIS YEAR. it has a new Cortex A9-based multicore processor (A5 code-name) & Qualcomm pitched their 4G mobile phone chipset to Apple last year.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

^smh i know right. If these dudes spent half the time they used argueing over phones on their real lives then there wont be that many girl help/extreme social awkwardness threads on here.

laugh.gif
Truth!

^smh i know right. If these dudes spent half the time they used argueing over phones on their real lives then there wont be that many girl help/extreme social awkwardness threads on here.

laugh.gif
Truth!

laugh.gif
sad but true. 

laugh.gif
sad but true. 

On the topic of iPhone gaming...

Crytek revealed its plans to get into iOS gaming this week with a listing for an iPad and iPhone game developer. The Crysis and Far Cry team is looking for a veteran for its Frankfurt office that would take control of nearly all of the process. Few clues exist in the code as to the project, but the aim would be to produce "high performance" code and ideally have experience with OpenGL ES, pointing to a full 3D game in the works.
The hiring would make Crytek the third of major veteran first-person shooter game developers to have jumped into iOS games within the past several months. Epic Games joined in with Infinity Blade and was preceded just by weeks through id Software's Rage. Both of those with games in the App Store broke from tradition by changing the control schemes but have been some of the better-selling titles due in part to their graphical prowess.

id Software co-founder John Carmack has already said he estimates the performance is better than past-generation TV consoles and in some cases can match Wii or even Xbox 360 games if optimized well enough.

The pattern isn't likely to upset the developers' emphasis on computer and TV console gaming but is a challenge both to Android and to traditional handheld gaming platforms like the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP. Both the DS and PSP are known to be getting sequels soon, but the lack of significant hardware upgrades for the past six years has led game developers like Epic and id to either have minimal development for the platforms or to skip them entirely for iPad and iPhone games. Android gaming has a footprint, but the lack of consistent performance, resolutions and control mechanisms has left it well behind. It may not catch up until the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play arrives, possibly as soon as next month.

Gaming on iOS may become more important still in 2011 with an Apple lineup that could go dual-core with faster graphics. Titles optimized for the extra speed could support much more visual detail.
http://www.electronista.c...r.ipad.and.iphone.games/

On the topic of iPhone gaming...

Crytek revealed its plans to get into iOS gaming this week with a listing for an iPad and iPhone game developer. The Crysis and Far Cry team is looking for a veteran for its Frankfurt office that would take control of nearly all of the process. Few clues exist in the code as to the project, but the aim would be to produce "high performance" code and ideally have experience with OpenGL ES, pointing to a full 3D game in the works.
The hiring would make Crytek the third of major veteran first-person shooter game developers to have jumped into iOS games within the past several months. Epic Games joined in with Infinity Blade and was preceded just by weeks through id Software's Rage. Both of those with games in the App Store broke from tradition by changing the control schemes but have been some of the better-selling titles due in part to their graphical prowess.

id Software co-founder John Carmack has already said he estimates the performance is better than past-generation TV consoles and in some cases can match Wii or even Xbox 360 games if optimized well enough.

The pattern isn't likely to upset the developers' emphasis on computer and TV console gaming but is a challenge both to Android and to traditional handheld gaming platforms like the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP. Both the DS and PSP are known to be getting sequels soon, but the lack of significant hardware upgrades for the past six years has led game developers like Epic and id to either have minimal development for the platforms or to skip them entirely for iPad and iPhone games. Android gaming has a footprint, but the lack of consistent performance, resolutions and control mechanisms has left it well behind. It may not catch up until the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play arrives, possibly as soon as next month.

Gaming on iOS may become more important still in 2011 with an Apple lineup that could go dual-core with faster graphics. Titles optimized for the extra speed could support much more visual detail.
http://www.electronista.c...r.ipad.and.iphone.games/

Originally Posted by stackz

laugh.gif
Truth
WOW
ohwell.gif
 SAD AND TRUE

Originally Posted by stackz

laugh.gif
Truth
WOW
ohwell.gif
 SAD AND TRUE

Originally Posted by staystrong

IM WAITING ON SPRINT RELEASE
the Verizon model will probably be able to get flashed and work on Sprint within the first few months of release

the Verizon model will probably be able to get flashed and work on Sprint within the first few months of release

Originally Posted by infam0usP

ihope so but anything that comes out on verizon besides the bb storm that is hot will be on sprint 

Originally Posted by infam0usP

ihope so but anything that comes out on verizon besides the bb storm that is hot will be on sprint 

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

^I was tripping when I said the iphone 5 would drop 1st quarter 2012 more like 3rd quarter.

What does #2 have anything to do with what I said? thats common knowledge, ok and?
#3, the only carrier to officially have the iphone is at&t to this point, again what are you trying to say?

Its hard to predict what Verizon and At&t will release and at what point, its all up in the air until word comes out.

You doe realize that America isnt the only place to sell the iPhone right? That's what he meant by no 3...

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

^I was tripping when I said the iphone 5 would drop 1st quarter 2012 more like 3rd quarter.

What does #2 have anything to do with what I said? thats common knowledge, ok and?
#3, the only carrier to officially have the iphone is at&t to this point, again what are you trying to say?

Its hard to predict what Verizon and At&t will release and at what point, its all up in the air until word comes out.

You doe realize that America isnt the only place to sell the iPhone right? That's what he meant by no 3...

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

can you preorder it online or do u have to go to the store?
CURRENT Verizon customers can preorder it online starting February 3rd. They go on sale Feb. 10 @ Verizon & Apple stores (mall kiosks/Best Buy Mobile stores will NOT have them) for everybody else. If this is your first time getting an iPhone, I recommend getting it at an Apple Store because you'll get your own individual employee to answer your every question and give you a walkthrough. I worked at the King Street (Charleston, SC) store for over a year & did 2 iPhone launches. They're very fun & chill. We give customers donuts/water/coffee in line & an organized "ticket" system insures everybody with a ticket gets the exact model THEY WANT
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

can you preorder it online or do u have to go to the store?
CURRENT Verizon customers can preorder it online starting February 3rd. They go on sale Feb. 10 @ Verizon & Apple stores (mall kiosks/Best Buy Mobile stores will NOT have them) for everybody else. If this is your first time getting an iPhone, I recommend getting it at an Apple Store because you'll get your own individual employee to answer your every question and give you a walkthrough. I worked at the King Street (Charleston, SC) store for over a year & did 2 iPhone launches. They're very fun & chill. We give customers donuts/water/coffee in line & an organized "ticket" system insures everybody with a ticket gets the exact model THEY WANT
pimp.gif

According to a new report out of the East Asian supply chain, Apple's second iPhone manufacturer just increased its production plans for CDMA iPhones by 50% on expected demand from developing markets. Digitimes reports that Pegatron, which joined traditional iPhone manufacturer Foxconn last year, is raising its production target from 10 million to 15 million units. The expectation that customers of CDMA carriers in countries like China, Japan, South Korea and India will snap up iPhones in large numbers reportedly led to the increase.

Apple's manufacturing plan is for Foxconn to solely handle the production of CDMA iPhones destined for the US, with Pegatron taking care of shipments to the rest of the world. Pegatron had originally expected to produce around 10 million CDMA iPhones in 2011, but reportedly has increased that forecast to anywhere from 12 to 15 million. The reason: growing demand for the iPhone among users of CDMA carriers in the rapidly developing economies of South Asia. While GSM carriers represent a much larger market overall with over 1.5 billion subscribers worldwide, there are still about 600 million CDMA subscribers, most of them in the Asia Pacific region. So while Verizon in the US was obviously the largest target for Apple, there is still significant demand in Asia, which will only grow as the iPhone 4 is replaced by the iPhone 5 (which some expect will be a dual-mode GSM-CDMA phone) and prices drop for the older device.

Pegatron Technology was spun off from the Taiwanese computer products manufacturer Asustek last year. Though it still makes devices and components for Asus and other computer manufacturers like Acer, the new company is making less than expected and is hoping for this increase of 20% to 50% over initial estimates to boost its bottom line. Digitimes estimates the cost of the CDMA iPhone 4 at $190-200 US, as compared to $188 for the GSM iPhone 4.

Back
Top Bottom