Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Why is everyone in here so concerned about what other people use and who did what first? Truth is, different carriers work better in different areas and different phones work better for different people. Stop being such extremists.

For the record...gaming on the iPhone has gotten leaps and bounds better than when it first started. We aint just talking Super Monkey Ball anymore. I have Battlefield Bad Company 2 on it and it is better than the games on my PSP graphically and otherwise. First off the hardware of the iPhone 4 is more powerful than the PSP.

PSP specs:
  • CPU: 333Mhz
  • Main Memory: 32MB
  • Embedded DRAM: 4MB
  • Display: 4.3 inch, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD, 480 x 272 pixel (16.77 million colors),
IPhone 4 specs:
  • CPU: 1000Mhz
  • Main Memory: 512MB
  • Embedded DRAM:???
  • Display: 3.5 inch TFT LCD, 640 x960 pixel

The graphics processor on the iPhone 4 is more robust as well. And this is not including the fact that the iPhone has an accelerometer, AND gyroscope which can enhance the gaming experience if utilized. I thought my PSP screen was nice when I first got it, but the Retina display $++!+ on it big time. Although I must say that the Super AMOLED screen are nice too.

For the record...gaming on the iPhone has gotten leaps and bounds better than when it first started. We aint just talking Super Monkey Ball anymore. I have Battlefield Bad Company 2 on it and it is better than the games on my PSP graphically and otherwise. First off the hardware of the iPhone 4 is more powerful than the PSP.

PSP specs:
  • Display: 4.3 inch, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD, 480 x 272 pixel (16.77 million colors),
IPhone 4 specs:

The graphics processor on the iPhone 4 is more robust as well. And this is not including the fact that the iPhone has an accelerometer, AND gyroscope which can enhance the gaming experience if utilized. I thought my PSP screen was nice when I first got it, but the Retina display $++!+ on it big time. Although I must say that the Super AMOLED screen are nice too.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

Been trying to tell them but I guarantee when the Android marketplace gets decent games that actually takes advantage of their hardware they will change their mind. I believe they have ported the unreal engine for the Android already but no games have been made yet. I think there have been games previewed that take advantage of that new Tegra chip I believe also but nothing substantial has been released. The Android is some what catching up with iOS in apps but its still a big gap between what has been rumored or in the makes to what has actually been released.

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

Been trying to tell them but I guarantee when the Android marketplace gets decent games that actually takes advantage of their hardware they will change their mind. I believe they have ported the unreal engine for the Android already but no games have been made yet. I think there have been games previewed that take advantage of that new Tegra chip I believe also but nothing substantial has been released. The Android is some what catching up with iOS in apps but its still a big gap between what has been rumored or in the makes to what has actually been released.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Yeah, I agree Usain. All it is going to take is for the developers to REALY get on the Android bandwagon. I actually prefer the hardware and capabilities of the newer Android phones over the iPhone. I just switched from a Nexus One, and was looking for my next Android, but I felt a little underwhelmed by the Market.

It's a combination of fragmentation and popularity...There are so many variants/configurations of Android devices...not to mention the Eclairs, Froyos, and Gingerbreads varieties floating around, that developers have been slow to make games en masse. They also know that a lot of people (often referred to as sheep
laugh.gif
) have flocked to the iPhone so they have a solid and stable revenue base.

I'm really hoping the Market gets better in the next few years, I will probably go back to Android in that case.

Yeah, I agree Usain. All it is going to take is for the developers to REALY get on the Android bandwagon. I actually prefer the hardware and capabilities of the newer Android phones over the iPhone. I just switched from a Nexus One, and was looking for my next Android, but I felt a little underwhelmed by the Market.

It's a combination of fragmentation and popularity...There are so many variants/configurations of Android devices...not to mention the Eclairs, Froyos, and Gingerbreads varieties floating around, that developers have been slow to make games en masse. They also know that a lot of people (often referred to as sheep
laugh.gif
) have flocked to the iPhone so they have a solid and stable revenue base.

I'm really hoping the Market gets better in the next few years, I will probably go back to Android in that case.

I know I'm not the only one noticing people arguing features they never use.

To sum up this thread.
ATT stans: Haha you can't use voice and data at the same time.
Verizon stans: Haha we got better coverage and can actually make calls.
Spint stans: Haha we're saving money with the same coverage and speeds as you 2.
T-Mobile stans: Well they are irrelevant so they don't matter.

I know I'm not the only one noticing people arguing features they never use.

To sum up this thread.
ATT stans: Haha you can't use voice and data at the same time.
Verizon stans: Haha we got better coverage and can actually make calls.
Spint stans: Haha we're saving money with the same coverage and speeds as you 2.
T-Mobile stans: Well they are irrelevant so they don't matter.

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

The graphics processor on the iPhone 4 is more robust as well. And this is not including the fact that the iPhone has an accelerometer, AND gyroscope which can enhance the gaming experience if utilized. I thought my PSP screen was nice when I first got it, but the Retina display @$%#% on it big time. Although I must say that the Super AMOLED screen are nice too.

Do you know when the first PSP came out? 2004. The iPhone 4 came out in 2010. People weren't even aware of HD's existence until probably 2007 or so. Obviously the device that came out 6 years later is gonna have better specs than the one that came out 6 years, ago.

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

The graphics processor on the iPhone 4 is more robust as well. And this is not including the fact that the iPhone has an accelerometer, AND gyroscope which can enhance the gaming experience if utilized. I thought my PSP screen was nice when I first got it, but the Retina display @$%#% on it big time. Although I must say that the Super AMOLED screen are nice too.

Do you know when the first PSP came out? 2004. The iPhone 4 came out in 2010. People weren't even aware of HD's existence until probably 2007 or so. Obviously the device that came out 6 years later is gonna have better specs than the one that came out 6 years, ago.

I don't think anyone mentioned traveling abroad.  I'm assuming some of you travel outside of USA?  If so, take it into account where you won't be able to use your CDMA phone.  May not be a dealbreaker for most, but it is annoying.

I don't think anyone mentioned traveling abroad.  I'm assuming some of you travel outside of USA?  If so, take it into account where you won't be able to use your CDMA phone.  May not be a dealbreaker for most, but it is annoying.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

Doesn't matter though someone attacked my comment with iPhone games being graphically on par with the other handheld devices. Truth is the iPhone can compete with the other handhelds and is becoming a viable market for game developers. I think the iPhone could compete with the DS easily with the right people backing the platform which seems to be happening.

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

Doesn't matter though someone attacked my comment with iPhone games being graphically on par with the other handheld devices. Truth is the iPhone can compete with the other handhelds and is becoming a viable market for game developers. I think the iPhone could compete with the DS easily with the right people backing the platform which seems to be happening.

i can't stand to go through this thread anymore.  are you guys really arguing about video games?  c'mon son 
tired.gif

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

Thank you for proving his point.

i can't stand to go through this thread anymore.  are you guys really arguing about video games?  c'mon son 
tired.gif

PSP specs:
IPhone 4 specs:

Thank you for proving his point.

Back
Top Bottom