Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

verizon................cdma network. cant do voice and data at the same time, only downside. im good with att
How often do you talk and look something up on the internet?
Better coverage>talk/data at the same time

So what if your using the the hotspot feature on the iphone to your laptop and try to make a call or someone calls you, so what ever your surfing on your laptop will have to put on hold so you can talk to that person over the phone.

Please if you don't know nothing about Wireless Cellular Technology, shut your mouth up.
Funny, thats the exact same thing you said in this thread earlier.  Please, get something new.
"Don't know nothing"

I see you spent more time worrying about Wireless Cellular Technology than education, huh?

Cellular Communications is one of my studies. If your going to make an opinion or claim something back it up with some information. Not (this>that).

Fun Fact: Sprint Roams over Verizon Network as well as Verizon Roams over Sprints Network.
Bonus Fun Fact: GSM phones interfere with speakers system, even if they are magnetically shield. Example (That screeching sound when you place a microphone next to a speaker).

Knowledge is Power.

verizon................cdma network. cant do voice and data at the same time, only downside. im good with att

So what if your using the the hotspot feature on the iphone to your laptop and try to make a call or someone calls you, so what ever your surfing on your laptop will have to put on hold so you can talk to that person over the phone.

Please if you don't know nothing about Wireless Cellular Technology, shut your mouth up.
Funny, thats the exact same thing you said in this thread earlier.  Please, get something new.
"Don't know nothing"

I see you spent more time worrying about Wireless Cellular Technology than education, huh?

Cellular Communications is one of my studies. If your going to make an opinion or claim something back it up with some information. Not (this>that).

Fun Fact: Sprint Roams over Verizon Network as well as Verizon Roams over Sprints Network.
Bonus Fun Fact: GSM phones interfere with speakers system, even if they are magnetically shield. Example (That screeching sound when you place a microphone next to a speaker).

Knowledge is Power.

"Don't know nothing"

Knowledge is Power.

Did you REALLY study cellular com or is it a hobby? Cause I know all this *$+% just from gadget sites and random knowledge. You just dropping gems for people who choose not to do their own research.

I'm not knocking you cause its nice to see someone with an understanding of technical knowledge...but I'm just wondering about the "depth" of that knowledge

Carry on...

"Don't know nothing"

Knowledge is Power.

Did you REALLY study cellular com or is it a hobby? Cause I know all this *$+% just from gadget sites and random knowledge. You just dropping gems for people who choose not to do their own research.

I'm not knocking you cause its nice to see someone with an understanding of technical knowledge...but I'm just wondering about the "depth" of that knowledge

Carry on...

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Yeah verizon probably would. But I just don't see apple having an update to the CDMA being ready in 2011. Yeah it could happen, but I would be very shocked. Being 6 months after the Att version for now would make the most sense. I'm sure the last thing apple wants is to rush a product update out while the CDMA is still new to them. Atennagate last summer is mostly forgotten now, but at the time it was huge. They don't need another issue like that especially being new to the technology.

I just think they'll be careful and release an update over time. Maybe the white iPhone drops later this year for em. Who knows.

I hope your right. The first Droid Motorola and Verizon put out was awesome from a quality standpoint, the X and the 2 not so much.

The reason I'm excited is while I'm not a Apple fan they do make a quality product.  The Droid X felt rushed.
really??? have you heard about all the problems the iphone 4 has/had?
their exterior antenna was ******ed, you drop every call unless you have a case. the proximity sensor is faulty, you'll accidentally want to facetime or add a call whenever you're on the phone. people's alarms still aren't going off because of a new year?

i don't know much about the droid X, but the if its the same iphone 4 from att, better coverage doesnt help that antenna

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Yeah verizon probably would. But I just don't see apple having an update to the CDMA being ready in 2011. Yeah it could happen, but I would be very shocked. Being 6 months after the Att version for now would make the most sense. I'm sure the last thing apple wants is to rush a product update out while the CDMA is still new to them. Atennagate last summer is mostly forgotten now, but at the time it was huge. They don't need another issue like that especially being new to the technology.

I just think they'll be careful and release an update over time. Maybe the white iPhone drops later this year for em. Who knows.

I hope your right. The first Droid Motorola and Verizon put out was awesome from a quality standpoint, the X and the 2 not so much.

The reason I'm excited is while I'm not a Apple fan they do make a quality product.  The Droid X felt rushed.
really??? have you heard about all the problems the iphone 4 has/had?
their exterior antenna was ******ed, you drop every call unless you have a case. the proximity sensor is faulty, you'll accidentally want to facetime or add a call whenever you're on the phone. people's alarms still aren't going off because of a new year?

i don't know much about the droid X, but the if its the same iphone 4 from att, better coverage doesnt help that antenna

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Those currently with iPhones... whats your experience with push gmail?

i get my emails instantly 70% of the time. not a big deal that it isnt instant like my black berry, i dont usually get important emails.
Actually if you set up your gmail via MS Exchange on your iPhone you get all of your mail pushed instantly just like BB. I sometimes get it before it hits the gmail on my comp. But never a lag.
Yup, I have both my school and gmail account set up through MS Exchange on my iPhone and its always instant.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Those currently with iPhones... whats your experience with push gmail?

i get my emails instantly 70% of the time. not a big deal that it isnt instant like my black berry, i dont usually get important emails.
Actually if you set up your gmail via MS Exchange on your iPhone you get all of your mail pushed instantly just like BB. I sometimes get it before it hits the gmail on my comp. But never a lag.
Yup, I have both my school and gmail account set up through MS Exchange on my iPhone and its always instant.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Only reason why Apple did this deal was because they're getting killed by Google. Just recently Android passed iPhone in total userbase and marketshare. I still think co-op with Verizon isn't gonna make significant strides for Apple against Googles Android OS. Its a good look for them though.
Originally Posted by thegoat121886

11:25AM Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan: Same as a CDMA device.

So... you don't.
laugh.gif
i LyricaLJKilla i wrote:
Q: 'Is the CDMA iPhone exclusive to Verizon?' A: 'It's a multi-year, non exclusive deal.' 

pretty much confirms it'll find its way to Sprint.
Not for at least 2 years...

Could you elaborate on this, Boost?

nerd.gif

On what, the iPhone coming to Sprint?

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Only reason why Apple did this deal was because they're getting killed by Google. Just recently Android passed iPhone in total userbase and marketshare. I still think co-op with Verizon isn't gonna make significant strides for Apple against Googles Android OS. Its a good look for them though.
Originally Posted by thegoat121886

11:25AM Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan: Same as a CDMA device.

So... you don't.
laugh.gif
i LyricaLJKilla i wrote:
Q: 'Is the CDMA iPhone exclusive to Verizon?' A: 'It's a multi-year, non exclusive deal.' 

pretty much confirms it'll find its way to Sprint.
Not for at least 2 years...

Could you elaborate on this, Boost?

nerd.gif

On what, the iPhone coming to Sprint?

It saddens how mis-educated consumers are going to be swindle into buy a product that will come obsolete within a few months, and cry about it when that new device outperforms the old device, and really want the new device but your stuck in a 2 year contract. This is what Apple has been doing for years and people don't take note to their practices.

If it wants simultaneous in a device its either "NETWORK" can provide it or the "CHIP" manufacture them.

I'm on Sprint it has the same Network configuration as Verizon such as "CDMA". You CAN'T talk on the phone while surfing the Net and Vise Versa. However my phone is 4G (Wimax) a different network infrastructure that does't interrupt my CDMA network. So I can be able to talk and surf the Net, at the same time. This will also apply to any 4G (LTE) Verizon phone that will soon be released.

Given the fact that the Iphone might not be having a LTE enabled phone within this year will have certain consumers that are going from ATT to Verizon, pretty much vexed. If you don't know nothing about Wireless infrastructure.

IF YOU NEED MORE INDEPTH EXPLANTION OF CELLUAR NETWORKS I SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS.
Knowledge right here.
People looking into getting a Verizon iPhone 4 are really buying a backward, outdated phone and this is 2011. To be dead honest, the AT&T version is the better iPhone 4. So what you can have a hotspot with your Verizon version, a jailbroken AT&T version can do the same. 

I've already heard today in a grocery store a women tell her husband she can't wait to buy that 4G Verizon iPhone, I swear, consumers are dumb as $@%#, and Apple x Verizon milking for it. Good job.

It saddens how mis-educated consumers are going to be swindle into buy a product that will come obsolete within a few months, and cry about it when that new device outperforms the old device, and really want the new device but your stuck in a 2 year contract. This is what Apple has been doing for years and people don't take note to their practices.

If it wants simultaneous in a device its either "NETWORK" can provide it or the "CHIP" manufacture them.

I'm on Sprint it has the same Network configuration as Verizon such as "CDMA". You CAN'T talk on the phone while surfing the Net and Vise Versa. However my phone is 4G (Wimax) a different network infrastructure that does't interrupt my CDMA network. So I can be able to talk and surf the Net, at the same time. This will also apply to any 4G (LTE) Verizon phone that will soon be released.

Given the fact that the Iphone might not be having a LTE enabled phone within this year will have certain consumers that are going from ATT to Verizon, pretty much vexed. If you don't know nothing about Wireless infrastructure.

IF YOU NEED MORE INDEPTH EXPLANTION OF CELLUAR NETWORKS I SUGGEST YOU TO READ THIS.
Knowledge right here.
People looking into getting a Verizon iPhone 4 are really buying a backward, outdated phone and this is 2011. To be dead honest, the AT&T version is the better iPhone 4. So what you can have a hotspot with your Verizon version, a jailbroken AT&T version can do the same. 

I've already heard today in a grocery store a women tell her husband she can't wait to buy that 4G Verizon iPhone, I swear, consumers are dumb as $@%#, and Apple x Verizon milking for it. Good job.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Fun fact: Sprint's coverage is actually better than AT&T's.
Truth, I'll even say Sprint 3G is pretty damn close, if not faster than AT&T, at least in my area (LA). Also Sprint 4G, is %%+!$! nuts, im getting 5GB download and 3MB up speeds, yes, on a %%+!$! phone. That's better than your local DSL.
CWrite78 wrote:
revolutionizing mobile gaming?

there are these companies, i don't know if you've heard of them, sony and nintendo.. that have done more for mobile gaming than apple has. so no, apple did not revolutionize mobile gaming. they jumped on the bandwagon.

This.
whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
 Fragmentation should be a big concern for android users in the future. With all different types of phones coming out for the platform ranging from the highest tech phones to simple lower performance phones the quality of apps will suffer. What a lot of you guys fail to realize that it's not a battle of hardware which a lot of you guys boast about it's a battle of software. There is only one iPhone that is released annually compared to atleast 5-6 iPhone "killers" released like clock work in between the iPhones cycle. There is no way the iPhone can realistically compete hardware wise to a phone that is releases 6 months after it was released. But what is funny is that from what I've seen tell me if I'm wrong but even the newer android phones are coming stock with an older version of android (froyo) rather than the newer version (Gingerbread) as a consumer you would never have to worry about being up to date with current iOS software.

You're right, you don't have to be worried about being up to date with current iOS software, just with other phone companies hardware AND software. The iPhone platform will continue to be and old, outdated technology because Apple controls with what they feel like you should have, not what you want. I had an iPhone for 2 years, hopped off that boat, and bought me a yacht called Android, sailing has never been so fast, look or felt better.
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:
Are people really comparing games on the iPhone to the ones on Nintendo or PSP? 
laugh.gif

You can't compare a cell phone game to a game on a PSP.

The ones on the iPhone are meant to kill time when you're bored. The ones on PSP or DS are meant to play cuz you're actually into the game. So what if they outsell Nintendo or Sony? They're not the same thing.

Graphically RageHd and Infinity Blade look as good as any PSP or DS. the iPhone could compete with them I mean specwise it should do nice things. It's not like games don't already have multiplayer on ios. Also withthe success of RageHd and infinity blade it shows people seen concerned about downloading games that are 1 gig big.

eek.gif

I don't think you really want to go there, so just stop bruh...
usainboltisfast wrote:
whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:
You must have missed my edit:
Main reason the DS sold so much better is cuz well, it's Nintendo... 
Same reason the Wii sold better than the PS3. The Wii sold better yeah, but the PS3 is still a better device.

Seems like the common trend for you is to make excuses for products you like and why they don't sell well. You think people can't rationalize a good product from a bad product. The fact is the wii offers a way better family experience for most people something the PS3 couldn't offer that's why it sold better. The reason why the DS sold better than the PSP was because Nintendo has a stronger game catalog that is geared towards portable gaming. There are clear advtanges for those products thats why they sold better than the alternative.
the ps3 is still the better gaming console though

Not for the demographic of the people who actual buy the consoles obviously. A big chunk of sales come from the soccer mom market who buys stuff for the kids and family. The wii offered more games for this important demographic who doesn't care about bluray and online gaming. And the Xbox is the better system. Cheaper, kinect is amazing, xbl > psn, plus ixtreme modified firmware is better than any ps3 solution so far.
The main reason why Wii outsold PS3 and 360 wasnt demographic, it was mostly price. The Wii for a couple of years was at most $250 cheaper, you do the math. If your a soccer mom and your standing in front of a $499 PS3, $399 Xbox 360 and a $249 Nintendo Wii what are you gonna buy? 

Dame Theory wrote:
I see Verizon doing it... it'll basically be like the 3G and 3GS... 
laugh.gif

Apple works so many people over 
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Plus Apple NEEDS a new phone this year with all the bad promo they got last year.

Apples been having bad reps for years, they're not gonna release the iPhone 5 this year. The iPhone 4 aint been out a year, what 6 months? Cmon son. Apple gonna continue to update/patch iOS firmwares for at least another year, while companies like HTC, Motorola, LG, Samsung etc. release dual core, 4G enabled, hdmi port, 1080p hd playback Android 3.0 OS etc.
SneakerPro wrote:
Crazy EBW wrote:
Droid vs droid2 was 10 months between each other. Not 8. Confused. Stop trying to win.

I'm not trying to win, you people are saying Verizon wouldn't release two Iphones within a year when they have already done it with their most iconic devices to date.

That's just a damn fact.

8 months 9 months 10 months it don't matter its still less than a year which was the original damn point.

And like I said if an Iphone 5 comes out this year right around November would be perfect for Verizon to get it which would be in line within Verizon's previous iconic devices.

Verizon could care less about releasing them within a year, hell they put out a new Droid everything every 3 months. The question is whether Apple will do it. 

It does matter, you're not comparing an iPhone to iPhone release, you're comparing two different Android phone releases. Verizon can and is content with releasing two Android phones in the same year by different companies.
The Incredible is made by HTC and the Droid X is made by Motorola, both Android competitors on Verizon network. Why would Verizon release another iPhone (5?) 6 months later? Lets not undermine the fact Apple won't let them.  I'm sure Apple said, "look you can have the iPhone now, a straight AT&T rip, or you can wait a year for a 4G LTE Verizon version" and Verizon said, %$$$ it, give it to us now.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Fun fact: Sprint's coverage is actually better than AT&T's.
Truth, I'll even say Sprint 3G is pretty damn close, if not faster than AT&T, at least in my area (LA). Also Sprint 4G, is %%+!$! nuts, im getting 5GB download and 3MB up speeds, yes, on a %%+!$! phone. That's better than your local DSL.
CWrite78 wrote:
revolutionizing mobile gaming?

there are these companies, i don't know if you've heard of them, sony and nintendo.. that have done more for mobile gaming than apple has. so no, apple did not revolutionize mobile gaming. they jumped on the bandwagon.

This.
whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
 Fragmentation should be a big concern for android users in the future. With all different types of phones coming out for the platform ranging from the highest tech phones to simple lower performance phones the quality of apps will suffer. What a lot of you guys fail to realize that it's not a battle of hardware which a lot of you guys boast about it's a battle of software. There is only one iPhone that is released annually compared to atleast 5-6 iPhone "killers" released like clock work in between the iPhones cycle. There is no way the iPhone can realistically compete hardware wise to a phone that is releases 6 months after it was released. But what is funny is that from what I've seen tell me if I'm wrong but even the newer android phones are coming stock with an older version of android (froyo) rather than the newer version (Gingerbread) as a consumer you would never have to worry about being up to date with current iOS software.

You're right, you don't have to be worried about being up to date with current iOS software, just with other phone companies hardware AND software. The iPhone platform will continue to be and old, outdated technology because Apple controls with what they feel like you should have, not what you want. I had an iPhone for 2 years, hopped off that boat, and bought me a yacht called Android, sailing has never been so fast, look or felt better.
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:
laugh.gif

The ones on the iPhone are meant to kill time when you're bored. The ones on PSP or DS are meant to play cuz you're actually into the game. So what if they outsell Nintendo or Sony? They're not the same thing.

Graphically RageHd and Infinity Blade look as good as any PSP or DS. the iPhone could compete with them I mean specwise it should do nice things. It's not like games don't already have multiplayer on ios. Also withthe success of RageHd and infinity blade it shows people seen concerned about downloading games that are 1 gig big.

eek.gif

usainboltisfast wrote:
whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:
Same reason the Wii sold better than the PS3. The Wii sold better yeah, but the PS3 is still a better device.

Seems like the common trend for you is to make excuses for products you like and why they don't sell well. You think people can't rationalize a good product from a bad product. The fact is the wii offers a way better family experience for most people something the PS3 couldn't offer that's why it sold better. The reason why the DS sold better than the PSP was because Nintendo has a stronger game catalog that is geared towards portable gaming. There are clear advtanges for those products thats why they sold better than the alternative.

Not for the demographic of the people who actual buy the consoles obviously. A big chunk of sales come from the soccer mom market who buys stuff for the kids and family. The wii offered more games for this important demographic who doesn't care about bluray and online gaming. And the Xbox is the better system. Cheaper, kinect is amazing, xbl > psn, plus ixtreme modified firmware is better than any ps3 solution so far.
The main reason why Wii outsold PS3 and 360 wasnt demographic, it was mostly price. The Wii for a couple of years was at most $250 cheaper, you do the math. If your a soccer mom and your standing in front of a $499 PS3, $399 Xbox 360 and a $249 Nintendo Wii what are you gonna buy? 

Dame Theory wrote:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Plus Apple NEEDS a new phone this year with all the bad promo they got last year.

Apples been having bad reps for years, they're not gonna release the iPhone 5 this year. The iPhone 4 aint been out a year, what 6 months? Cmon son. Apple gonna continue to update/patch iOS firmwares for at least another year, while companies like HTC, Motorola, LG, Samsung etc. release dual core, 4G enabled, hdmi port, 1080p hd playback Android 3.0 OS etc.
SneakerPro wrote:
Crazy EBW wrote:
Droid vs droid2 was 10 months between each other. Not 8. Confused. Stop trying to win.

I'm not trying to win, you people are saying Verizon wouldn't release two Iphones within a year when they have already done it with their most iconic devices to date.

That's just a damn fact.

8 months 9 months 10 months it don't matter its still less than a year which was the original damn point.

And like I said if an Iphone 5 comes out this year right around November would be perfect for Verizon to get it which would be in line within Verizon's previous iconic devices.

Verizon could care less about releasing them within a year, hell they put out a new Droid everything every 3 months. The question is whether Apple will do it. 

It does matter, you're not comparing an iPhone to iPhone release, you're comparing two different Android phone releases. Verizon can and is content with releasing two Android phones in the same year by different companies.
The Incredible is made by HTC and the Droid X is made by Motorola, both Android competitors on Verizon network. Why would Verizon release another iPhone (5?) 6 months later? Lets not undermine the fact Apple won't let them.  I'm sure Apple said, "look you can have the iPhone now, a straight AT&T rip, or you can wait a year for a 4G LTE Verizon version" and Verizon said, %$$$ it, give it to us now.

Ok so I don't feel like reading through all this bickering about who is better ATT or Verizon So some questions i have

1. Since there is now a CDMA iphone and sprint has cheaper plans....can i convert this cdma phone to sprint?

2. Verizon will get the newest iphone after ATT? up to 6 months after? is this true if so why

3. The iphone 5 or 4GS or 4.5 or whatever they call the next phone that launches in the summer will it be LTE ready and as previous question states will it be on Verizon and ATT at the same time

4. I have ATT and have 0 reception at work (old building no ATT tower near but verizon tower on our campus, NASA) When ATT makes the switch to LTE is there a chance I will get signal then or are they still going to be using their same towers its not going to be more global of a network?

Thanks guys

Ok so I don't feel like reading through all this bickering about who is better ATT or Verizon So some questions i have

1. Since there is now a CDMA iphone and sprint has cheaper plans....can i convert this cdma phone to sprint?

2. Verizon will get the newest iphone after ATT? up to 6 months after? is this true if so why

3. The iphone 5 or 4GS or 4.5 or whatever they call the next phone that launches in the summer will it be LTE ready and as previous question states will it be on Verizon and ATT at the same time

4. I have ATT and have 0 reception at work (old building no ATT tower near but verizon tower on our campus, NASA) When ATT makes the switch to LTE is there a chance I will get signal then or are they still going to be using their same towers its not going to be more global of a network?

Thanks guys

97% of this thread sounds like females arguing over who's the cutest football player at school. Very sad.

97% of this thread sounds like females arguing over who's the cutest football player at school. Very sad.

whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:
laugh.gif

eek.gif

usainboltisfast wrote:
whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Dame Theory wrote:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

1. That doesnt make sense. How could you ever be up to date with anyones Hardware if people release phones after your phone? How can you be up to date with any software if you are running a totally different platform? From my personal expereince and third party software will come out on the iPhone before Android. Show me ANY example of a major developer developing for the Android before the iPhone platform. You wont. iOS is the primary mobile developing platform even though it has the a smaller market share than android ios users support its app store way better than the Android Market.

2. Again have you seen the games here are gameplay screenshots. These screen shots are better than any DS game I remember and on par with what I remember from the PSP.
rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

metal-gear-solid-iphone.jpg
<----- An Older IOS game, look at the graphics.

3. How do you explain the attachment rate for the wii then? If it was the inferior product than why would people be buying the games in boatloads? The games suited peoples needs better than what the PS3 and XBOX had at the time for familys. The Wii was looked as a family consoles and the other 2 were looked up as Hardcore consoles. Why do you think MS is trying to change its image to a more family oriented console now? The family gamer demographic is HUGE and has basically been untouched until the Wii came out.

whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:
laugh.gif

eek.gif

usainboltisfast wrote:
whyhellothere wrote:
usainboltisfast wrote:
LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Dame Theory wrote:
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

1. That doesnt make sense. How could you ever be up to date with anyones Hardware if people release phones after your phone? How can you be up to date with any software if you are running a totally different platform? From my personal expereince and third party software will come out on the iPhone before Android. Show me ANY example of a major developer developing for the Android before the iPhone platform. You wont. iOS is the primary mobile developing platform even though it has the a smaller market share than android ios users support its app store way better than the Android Market.

2. Again have you seen the games here are gameplay screenshots. These screen shots are better than any DS game I remember and on par with what I remember from the PSP.
rage-hd-review-8.png
infinity_blade_troll.jpg

metal-gear-solid-iphone.jpg
<----- An Older IOS game, look at the graphics.

3. How do you explain the attachment rate for the wii then? If it was the inferior product than why would people be buying the games in boatloads? The games suited peoples needs better than what the PS3 and XBOX had at the time for familys. The Wii was looked as a family consoles and the other 2 were looked up as Hardcore consoles. Why do you think MS is trying to change its image to a more family oriented console now? The family gamer demographic is HUGE and has basically been untouched until the Wii came out.

I dont care if I cant search the internet and talk on the phone at the same time...
Your on the phone. Talk on it. Are we that lazy where you cant end the call
and search and then call back? or just use a regular computer...
I have nvr wanted to search and talk.. If so I just grabbed my laptop..

"I can't use my phone and search niketalk at the same time..."

BIG DEAL!?!?!?!

I dont care if I cant search the internet and talk on the phone at the same time...

BIG DEAL!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

BIG DEAL!?!?!?!
Hey take a Maalox and calm down buddy.

The whole simultaneous data and voice capability matters to some people. It's not just about talking and surfing. You can't even get an email while you are on the phone until the call is finished. I have had many times where I was doing business over the phone and the person I was talking to sent me an email that we would discuss while on the phone. With Verizon (CDMA) I would have to hang up...get the email, then call back...with AT&T (GSM/HSDPA) the email would push right through while on the phone. Too easy.

I can't also tell you how many times I have been on the phone making plans, while using Yelp to figure out where we are going to eat and stuff like that.

OR if your girl/wife is droning on and on about her best friend's baby shower, you can just go to ESPN.com and read up about how Lebron Jame's ego has grown to the size of that tumor he used to have on his neck.

I have a laptop too homie...a nice one at that, but I stay on the move and I can't picture myself pulling out my laptop while I'm out and about just to be able to access data when I'm on the phone...I don't have to do that with the GSM version of any smart-phone.

Good news for Verizon is when LTE is released it will allow for data and voice simultaneously...but the Verizon iPhone isn't capable of doing so. For me that's a DEALBREAKER.

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

BIG DEAL!?!?!?!
Hey take a Maalox and calm down buddy.

The whole simultaneous data and voice capability matters to some people. It's not just about talking and surfing. You can't even get an email while you are on the phone until the call is finished. I have had many times where I was doing business over the phone and the person I was talking to sent me an email that we would discuss while on the phone. With Verizon (CDMA) I would have to hang up...get the email, then call back...with AT&T (GSM/HSDPA) the email would push right through while on the phone. Too easy.

I can't also tell you how many times I have been on the phone making plans, while using Yelp to figure out where we are going to eat and stuff like that.

OR if your girl/wife is droning on and on about her best friend's baby shower, you can just go to ESPN.com and read up about how Lebron Jame's ego has grown to the size of that tumor he used to have on his neck.

I have a laptop too homie...a nice one at that, but I stay on the move and I can't picture myself pulling out my laptop while I'm out and about just to be able to access data when I'm on the phone...I don't have to do that with the GSM version of any smart-phone.

Good news for Verizon is when LTE is released it will allow for data and voice simultaneously...but the Verizon iPhone isn't capable of doing so. For me that's a DEALBREAKER.

Why is everyone in here so concerned about what other people use and who did what first? Truth is, different carriers work better in different areas and different phones work better for different people. Stop being such extremists.

Back
Top Bottom