Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

When do yall think the next generation iphone will come to verizon?
i give it 6 months after the AT&A version

so they'll always be half a year behind on iPhones? 
Dont take that quote as that.  He has no idea.  I believe the new lte iphone will come out the same time At&t 4g does.  Fact of the matter is Verizon is changing their early upgrade to get everyone to get this iphone which Verizon admitted they wanted to get out since customers want it. Then drop the new one around july then force verizon customers to pay even more to upgrade.  Its a win win for verizon not to mention analyst predict 8-12 million cdma phones will go through verizon and the rest overseas so im sure they can just use these few million then discount the remaining stock once the new one releases

Dont take that quote as that.  He has no idea.  I believe the new lte iphone will come out the same time At&t 4g does.  Fact of the matter is Verizon is changing their early upgrade to get everyone to get this iphone which Verizon admitted they wanted to get out since customers want it. Then drop the new one around july then force verizon customers to pay even more to upgrade.  Its a win win for verizon not to mention analyst predict 8-12 million cdma phones will go through verizon and the rest overseas so im sure they can just use these few million then discount the remaining stock once the new one releases

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Droid vs droid2 was 10 months between each other. Not 8. Confused. Stop trying to win.

I'm not trying to win, you people are saying Verizon wouldn't release two Iphones within a year when they have already done it with their most iconic devices to date.

That's just a damn fact.

8 months 9 months 10 months it don't matter its still less than a year which was the original damn point.

And like I said if an Iphone 5 comes out this year right around November would be perfect for Verizon to get it which would be in line within Verizon's previous iconic devices.

Verizon could care less about releasing them within a year, hell they put out a new Droid everything every 3 months. The question is whether Apple will do it.

Droid vs droid2 was 10 months between each other. Not 8. Confused. Stop trying to win.

I'm not trying to win, you people are saying Verizon wouldn't release two Iphones within a year when they have already done it with their most iconic devices to date.

That's just a damn fact.

8 months 9 months 10 months it don't matter its still less than a year which was the original damn point.

And like I said if an Iphone 5 comes out this year right around November would be perfect for Verizon to get it which would be in line within Verizon's previous iconic devices.

Verizon could care less about releasing them within a year, hell they put out a new Droid everything every 3 months. The question is whether Apple will do it.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

That's just a damn fact.

I said they wouldn't release a new iPhone in the same CALENDAR year. Big difference. And they don't put out a new DROID phone that often. They do put out a lot of Android powered devices. Do you understand the difference?

That's just a damn fact.

I said they wouldn't release a new iPhone in the same CALENDAR year. Big difference. And they don't put out a new DROID phone that often. They do put out a lot of Android powered devices. Do you understand the difference?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

AT&T's GSM iPhone with simultaneous voice and data > Verizon's CDMA iPhone without simultaneous voice and data.

Verizon's CDMA iPhone with their extremely spread out and well covered 3G network  > AT&T's GSM iPhone with the smaller 3g network footprint.

So I guess it's all up to what you are willing to trade-off. Since I am usually on the phone while accessing some type of data I need GSM/HSDPA's ability to allow voice and data at the same time. But if I lived in a rural or extremely spotted area I'd probably have Verizon.
That's interesting.

I'm on VZW now and I've never noticed an instance where I'd use Voice and Data at the same time. I never even knew it was a debating point for ATT vs VZW until recently.

I always figured if you were talking, you were talking. *shrug*

What's the big deal about this feature exactly?
If you're doing anything related to data, and you recieve a call, your data stops until you finish the call. 
lol clearly dude hasnt ever had conference calls from work, or been on the phone with a wack skeezo. Bluetooth headset + checking twitter ftw!!

My Cell device is not connected to my work at all. I don't use Bluetooth headsets either. Those are for cornballs. Next.

sucks for you, sitting in the house physically holding a phone to your head is dumb when you can roam freely handsfree. Nobody said rock a bluetooth in the street.

Nobody said they sit in the house with a phone posted on the side of their face. What are you talking about? I think that bluetooths are dumb period. That's my opinion. I don't need the feature to use data when on a phone call, because I don't use enough minutes to need that feature and I don't see myself needing that in the near future at all. If one day I do, I can re-evaluate then. People need to stop acting like using data while on a phone call is a big deal. Everybody whined about how Att sucked and now they're praised for their a standard feature that has been around for a while now.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

AT&T's GSM iPhone with simultaneous voice and data > Verizon's CDMA iPhone without simultaneous voice and data.

Verizon's CDMA iPhone with their extremely spread out and well covered 3G network  > AT&T's GSM iPhone with the smaller 3g network footprint.

So I guess it's all up to what you are willing to trade-off. Since I am usually on the phone while accessing some type of data I need GSM/HSDPA's ability to allow voice and data at the same time. But if I lived in a rural or extremely spotted area I'd probably have Verizon.
That's interesting.

I'm on VZW now and I've never noticed an instance where I'd use Voice and Data at the same time. I never even knew it was a debating point for ATT vs VZW until recently.

I always figured if you were talking, you were talking. *shrug*

What's the big deal about this feature exactly?
If you're doing anything related to data, and you recieve a call, your data stops until you finish the call. 
lol clearly dude hasnt ever had conference calls from work, or been on the phone with a wack skeezo. Bluetooth headset + checking twitter ftw!!

My Cell device is not connected to my work at all. I don't use Bluetooth headsets either. Those are for cornballs. Next.

sucks for you, sitting in the house physically holding a phone to your head is dumb when you can roam freely handsfree. Nobody said rock a bluetooth in the street.

Nobody said they sit in the house with a phone posted on the side of their face. What are you talking about? I think that bluetooths are dumb period. That's my opinion. I don't need the feature to use data when on a phone call, because I don't use enough minutes to need that feature and I don't see myself needing that in the near future at all. If one day I do, I can re-evaluate then. People need to stop acting like using data while on a phone call is a big deal. Everybody whined about how Att sucked and now they're praised for their a standard feature that has been around for a while now.

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

I don't see why Verizon wouldn't offer the unlimited data plan.

I'm already shopping for cases lol.  Think I found the one too.  But I don't know if I want to wait til June to see what's happening.  I doubt Verizon would get the new version if there is one this year.
WAIT!!!

[h4]Verizon iPhone has relocated buttons, might require new cases[/h4]
By Nilay Patel   posted Jan 11th 2011 12:11PM

The leaks suggested that the Verizon iPhone would have have slightly relocated buttons, and it's true -- as you can see in the photo above, the newly revised CDMA antenna notch has pushed the volume and mute controls down a hair from GSM version. That means a lot of cases -- Apple's current bumpers included -- won't fit properly on the Verizon version, although many third-party cases feature an open slot for the buttons that might still work. Either way, we'd bet Apple and third-party manufacturers are scrambling to have compatible cases in stores before the February 10th launch date -- just make sure to check yours first if you're switching from AT&T.

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

I don't see why Verizon wouldn't offer the unlimited data plan.

I'm already shopping for cases lol.  Think I found the one too.  But I don't know if I want to wait til June to see what's happening.  I doubt Verizon would get the new version if there is one this year.
WAIT!!!

[h4]Verizon iPhone has relocated buttons, might require new cases[/h4]
By Nilay Patel   posted Jan 11th 2011 12:11PM

The leaks suggested that the Verizon iPhone would have have slightly relocated buttons, and it's true -- as you can see in the photo above, the newly revised CDMA antenna notch has pushed the volume and mute controls down a hair from GSM version. That means a lot of cases -- Apple's current bumpers included -- won't fit properly on the Verizon version, although many third-party cases feature an open slot for the buttons that might still work. Either way, we'd bet Apple and third-party manufacturers are scrambling to have compatible cases in stores before the February 10th launch date -- just make sure to check yours first if you're switching from AT&T.

That's just a damn fact.

Motorola Droid came in November last year.

The HTC Droid Incredible came out 5 months later in April. Yes I know its an HTC but was still given the Verizon branded Droid name.

The Droid X hits in July and the Droid 2 hits in August.

The Droid Pro hits in Oct.

That's 5 Droid branded phones 6 if you count the Eris in 11 months.

And that not even counting the non Droid branded Android stuff like the Fascinate, Ally, Vortex, etc.

I didn't see calender year but I still disagree. If an Iphone 5 comes out this year that joker will be on Verizon by Christmas.  The only was I don't see this happening is if it isn't an LTE device.

That's just a damn fact.

Motorola Droid came in November last year.

The HTC Droid Incredible came out 5 months later in April. Yes I know its an HTC but was still given the Verizon branded Droid name.

The Droid X hits in July and the Droid 2 hits in August.

The Droid Pro hits in Oct.

That's 5 Droid branded phones 6 if you count the Eris in 11 months.

And that not even counting the non Droid branded Android stuff like the Fascinate, Ally, Vortex, etc.

I didn't see calender year but I still disagree. If an Iphone 5 comes out this year that joker will be on Verizon by Christmas.  The only was I don't see this happening is if it isn't an LTE device.

That's the difference though. The only thing you should be comparing is the droid vs droid2. That's the only device update they have had. Your talking about the Android OS vs the iPhone. If your talking about product life cycles then the other devices you mentioned shouldnt even be in e conversation.

If iOS was implemented into different mobile phones it would be a more valid argument. But what your doing is comparing an entire operating system vs a single phone. Big difference there. S lotofpeople end up doing this and it's an easy mistake I guess. No biggie.

That's the difference though. The only thing you should be comparing is the droid vs droid2. That's the only device update they have had. Your talking about the Android OS vs the iPhone. If your talking about product life cycles then the other devices you mentioned shouldnt even be in e conversation.

If iOS was implemented into different mobile phones it would be a more valid argument. But what your doing is comparing an entire operating system vs a single phone. Big difference there. S lotofpeople end up doing this and it's an easy mistake I guess. No biggie.

Let me get this straight, y'all went from debating an OS to debating carries?
I'll debate an OS any day of the year, but a carrier come on fam we're paying too much monthly regardless of how you look at it.

Unless you hold stocks, work for the carrier, or get payed by the carrier there should be no reason one defends them. We are nothing but $ and slaves to them.

Let me get this straight, y'all went from debating an OS to debating carries?
I'll debate an OS any day of the year, but a carrier come on fam we're paying too much monthly regardless of how you look at it.

Unless you hold stocks, work for the carrier, or get payed by the carrier there should be no reason one defends them. We are nothing but $ and slaves to them.

We are having the worst argument ever.

Anyways all I'm trying to say is that Verizon would put out a new Iphone every month if they could which why I disagree with you can your calender year statement so much.

Hell to further illustrate this point the Droid 2, the Droid 2 Global and the Droid R2-D2 are all technically different phones Verizon don't give a damn
laugh.gif

We are having the worst argument ever.

Anyways all I'm trying to say is that Verizon would put out a new Iphone every month if they could which why I disagree with you can your calender year statement so much.

Hell to further illustrate this point the Droid 2, the Droid 2 Global and the Droid R2-D2 are all technically different phones Verizon don't give a damn
laugh.gif

Yeah verizon probably would. But I just don't see apple having an update to the CDMA being ready in 2011. Yeah it could happen, but I would be very shocked. Being 6 months after the Att version for now would make the most sense. I'm sure the last thing apple wants is to rush a product update out while the CDMA is still new to them. Atennagate last summer is mostly forgotten now, but at the time it was huge. They don't need another issue like that especially being new to the technology.

I just think they'll be careful and release an update over time. Maybe the white iPhone drops later this year for em. Who knows.

Yeah verizon probably would. But I just don't see apple having an update to the CDMA being ready in 2011. Yeah it could happen, but I would be very shocked. Being 6 months after the Att version for now would make the most sense. I'm sure the last thing apple wants is to rush a product update out while the CDMA is still new to them. Atennagate last summer is mostly forgotten now, but at the time it was huge. They don't need another issue like that especially being new to the technology.

I just think they'll be careful and release an update over time. Maybe the white iPhone drops later this year for em. Who knows.

Originally Posted by DonJuan23

oh ok, I didn't have time to sift thru all these back pages to see if someone asked already or if maybe Verizon announced anything regarding their future plans, but I see you're point and kind of also see what Crazy EBW was saying how it's unlikely they'll release 2 iPhones in a year.  I guess we'll just have to wait.  I still have til' the end of the year with my Nexus 1 anyway, so I'm in no rush

oh ok, I didn't have time to sift thru all these back pages to see if someone asked already or if maybe Verizon announced anything regarding their future plans, but I see you're point and kind of also see what Crazy EBW was saying how it's unlikely they'll release 2 iPhones in a year.  I guess we'll just have to wait.  I still have til' the end of the year with my Nexus 1 anyway, so I'm in no rush

they are????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
INFO???

Back
Top Bottom