Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Anyone know how much the fee is to upgrade their phone before the 2 yr contract it up? Upgraded last july smh...

Anyone know how much the fee is to upgrade their phone before the 2 yr contract it up? Upgraded last july smh...

- The iPhone is exclusive for AT&T, but honestly, everyone has an iPhone, everyday I see at least 5 iPhones a day, exclusivity is not going to be a problem, plus the iPod touch is basically an iPhone, its obvious exclusivity is not the reason why people are buying iPhones
-Your first statement puts you in denial, which is why people would call you a fan boy

- Apple wont have many subscribers? The amount of subscribers tmobile and sprint has doesnt even equal to AT&T alone, AT&T and Verizon will now have the iPhone when they combine for around 180 million subscribers, and eventually all carriers will get the iPhone

-It is not that serious, are you really going to let a statement by a nobody get you heated? 
laugh.gif

is the apple at&t?  No.....does everyone on at&t have iphone? no....so how will 180 million people have iphones.  Split the two before posting son...

I said android will have more subscribers because android is on more carriers......did you read that? cause i wrote it.

who said i was pissed? i simply sent a response.......can someone be objective about a statement without being mad?  

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Anyone who gets the iphone 4 over the Thunderbolt is a complete dumb$#@
laugh.gif

What if a person just wants a phone that plays mp3s and doesn't really care about the apps?  I have a droid and I know it is probably a better phone (and the one you suggested probably does way more than a droid), but I just want something that I can carry and sound better. 

laugh.gif

What if a person just wants a phone that plays mp3s and doesn't really care about the apps?  I have a droid and I know it is probably a better phone (and the one you suggested probably does way more than a droid), but I just want something that I can carry and sound better. 

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

- The iPhone is exclusive for AT&T, but honestly, everyone has an iPhone, everyday I see at least 5 iPhones a day, exclusivity is not going to be a problem, plus the iPod touch is basically an iPhone, its obvious exclusivity is not the reason why people are buying iPhones
-Your first statement puts you in denial, which is why people would call you a fan boy

- Apple wont have many subscribers? The amount of subscribers tmobile and sprint has doesnt even equal to AT&T alone, AT&T and Verizon will now have the iPhone when they combine for around 180 million subscribers, and eventually all carriers will get the iPhone

-It is not that serious, are you really going to let a statement by a nobody get you heated? 
laugh.gif
is the apple at&t?  No.....does everyone on at&t have iphone? no....so how will 180 million people have iphones.  Split the two before posting son...

I said android will have more subscribers because android is on more carriers......did you read that? cause i wrote it.

who said i was pissed? i simply sent a response.......can someone be objective about a statement without being mad?  
serious question.. why is that so important to you? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

laugh.gif

serious question.. why is that so important to you? 
laugh.gif

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones
[h4]AT&T: 'We are much bigger than' iPhone exclusivity[/h4]
By Nilay Patel posted Jan 11th 2011 10:29AM

We're expecting to see the Verizon iPhone finally make its debut in just about a half hour now, but it looks like AT&T is doing some pre-show damage control -- in an interview with the Wall Street Journal this morning, Ralph de la Vega said "we're ready" to lose exclusivity because "we are much bigger than this." That definitely sounds like someone just got spurned by their biggest partner, but don't think AT&T's just going to ignore Verizon -- it's planning an ad blitz that will highlight the iPhone's better data speeds and simultaneous voice / data capabilities when used on its network. Sounds like things are going to get even more heated between the two largest carriers -- and honestly, we can't wait.

[table][tr][td]
post_label_source.gif
Wall Street
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Journal
[/td][/tr][/table]

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones
[h4]AT&T: 'We are much bigger than' iPhone exclusivity[/h4]
By Nilay Patel posted Jan 11th 2011 10:29AM

We're expecting to see the Verizon iPhone finally make its debut in just about a half hour now, but it looks like AT&T is doing some pre-show damage control -- in an interview with the Wall Street Journal this morning, Ralph de la Vega said "we're ready" to lose exclusivity because "we are much bigger than this." That definitely sounds like someone just got spurned by their biggest partner, but don't think AT&T's just going to ignore Verizon -- it's planning an ad blitz that will highlight the iPhone's better data speeds and simultaneous voice / data capabilities when used on its network. Sounds like things are going to get even more heated between the two largest carriers -- and honestly, we can't wait.

[table][tr][td]
post_label_source.gif
Wall Street
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
Journal
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by daprescription

laugh.gif

Then the iphone is for you. I think you should wait for the 5 imo since it's due this summer since we know that will definitely be LTE

Originally Posted by daprescription

laugh.gif

Then the iphone is for you. I think you should wait for the 5 imo since it's due this summer since we know that will definitely be LTE

please AT&T

I will tell you why they are going to lose me...

I wanted to switch my plan into a family plan with my gf, we didn't want to buy new phones, we just wanted a lower rate...we were told we both had to pay ETF's and activation fees to swtich

so yeah AT&T when I call to cancel and you decide to throw me all kinds of perks, I will remember back to last summer when you told me I would have to pay around $600 to do that

please AT&T

I will tell you why they are going to lose me...

I wanted to switch my plan into a family plan with my gf, we didn't want to buy new phones, we just wanted a lower rate...we were told we both had to pay ETF's and activation fees to swtich

so yeah AT&T when I call to cancel and you decide to throw me all kinds of perks, I will remember back to last summer when you told me I would have to pay around $600 to do that

[h1]Did Verizon's iPhone Fix the Death Grip Issue?[/h1]

The Verizon iPhone is here and it's a beautiful thing. Well, the same old beautiful thing with a slightly modified antenna. It's been reworked to function on Verizon's CDMA network, but will it fix the iPhone 4's death grip issue?

Check it out: the original AT&T iPhone 4's antenna notches have been shuffled. Instead of three (two on the bottom corners, one on top by the headphone jack), there are now four—one at each corner. The Verizon's extra notch appears at the top left, and the headphone jack notch has slid down to just above the mute button at top left. There's no MicroSIM card slot built into the antenna, either.

NYT says Apple's Tim Cook confirmed that the antenna design had to be optimized for the phone's new CDMA guts, which justifies a slight design modification.

But what's unclear is if the new four-notch design will alleviate the death grip issues which plagued the AT&T iPhone 4 upon its arrival. If you'll recall, users were quick to notice that squeezing the iPhone 4 tightly—especially so that the antenna notch on the lower left corner of the phone was bridged—caused a rapid and significant decrease in signal. It turns out that such is the case with a lot of smartphones, but the permitter antenna design of the iPhone 4 seemed to exacerbate the problem.

Will the Verizon iPhone 4's tweaked antenna fix the problem? We'll have to wait and see.

[h1]How much is the Verizon iPhone 4?[/h1]
You can get it starting at $200 for the 16GB version. The preorder page is live now.
[h1]How much are the plans?[/h1]
We don't know any details about how much the monthly payments would be. Verizon hasn't disclosed this information yet.
[h1]What's the minimum contract?[/h1]
Two years.
[h1]When would it be available?[/h1]
It will be available on February 10. If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, you can reserve one now from a special stockpile and get it on February 3.

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5730618/verizon-iphone-can-act-as-a-wi~hotspot[/h1]
[h1]Verizon iPhone Can Act as a Wi-Fi Hotspot[/h1]

The Verizon iPhone is finally here and it's got a little feature we hadn't seen on the AT&T version: Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities. This means that the device will be able to act as a hotspot for up to five gadgets.

It sounds like you'll activate the hotspot feature using an app a setting which will be included on the Verizon devices, but of course you'll have to keep in mind that Verizon does not allow for voice and data usage simultaneously.

No word on how pricing will work for the hotspot feature just yet.

Whether AT&T iPhone owners will ever see the same feature is still up in the air as well, but Apple's Phil Schiller did briefly touch on the topic according to Ars Technica:

[h1]Did Verizon's iPhone Fix the Death Grip Issue?[/h1]

The Verizon iPhone is here and it's a beautiful thing. Well, the same old beautiful thing with a slightly modified antenna. It's been reworked to function on Verizon's CDMA network, but will it fix the iPhone 4's death grip issue?

Check it out: the original AT&T iPhone 4's antenna notches have been shuffled. Instead of three (two on the bottom corners, one on top by the headphone jack), there are now four—one at each corner. The Verizon's extra notch appears at the top left, and the headphone jack notch has slid down to just above the mute button at top left. There's no MicroSIM card slot built into the antenna, either.

NYT says Apple's Tim Cook confirmed that the antenna design had to be optimized for the phone's new CDMA guts, which justifies a slight design modification.

But what's unclear is if the new four-notch design will alleviate the death grip issues which plagued the AT&T iPhone 4 upon its arrival. If you'll recall, users were quick to notice that squeezing the iPhone 4 tightly—especially so that the antenna notch on the lower left corner of the phone was bridged—caused a rapid and significant decrease in signal. It turns out that such is the case with a lot of smartphones, but the permitter antenna design of the iPhone 4 seemed to exacerbate the problem.

Will the Verizon iPhone 4's tweaked antenna fix the problem? We'll have to wait and see.

[h1]How much is the Verizon iPhone 4?[/h1]
You can get it starting at $200 for the 16GB version. The preorder page is live now.
[h1]How much are the plans?[/h1]
We don't know any details about how much the monthly payments would be. Verizon hasn't disclosed this information yet.
[h1]What's the minimum contract?[/h1]
Two years.
[h1]When would it be available?[/h1]
It will be available on February 10. If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, you can reserve one now from a special stockpile and get it on February 3.

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5730618/verizon-iphone-can-act-as-a-wi~hotspot[/h1]
[h1]Verizon iPhone Can Act as a Wi-Fi Hotspot[/h1]

The Verizon iPhone is finally here and it's got a little feature we hadn't seen on the AT&T version: Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities. This means that the device will be able to act as a hotspot for up to five gadgets.

It sounds like you'll activate the hotspot feature using an app a setting which will be included on the Verizon devices, but of course you'll have to keep in mind that Verizon does not allow for voice and data usage simultaneously.

No word on how pricing will work for the hotspot feature just yet.

Whether AT&T iPhone owners will ever see the same feature is still up in the air as well, but Apple's Phil Schiller did briefly touch on the topic according to Ars Technica:

Back
Top Bottom