Verizon Wireless announcing the Iphone on Tuesday January 11th

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Blackberry doesnt have a game anymore.

They have their securities
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure the iPhone for VZW will not be 4G, almost positive. Especially if the rumors are true and Qualcomm is making the CDMA chipset, with their relationship with HTC.....not happening

I'm pretty sure the iPhone for VZW will not be 4G, almost positive. Especially if the rumors are true and Qualcomm is making the CDMA chipset, with their relationship with HTC.....not happening

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by XBidZx23X

will AT&T still sell plans and iphones ? or is everything switching to Verizon ?
I'm sorry but I just get angry reading stuff like this. Like really?

Either way, T-minus 13 Hrs to the downfall of AT&T.

Yeah, I might keep my Berry for the time being...but ATT is about to take a MASSIVE L.
Its funny that people think ATT is going to suffer from this. 
You all do know that ATT's data bandwidth is larger/stronger than Verizon's right? 

Once everyone jumps ship to Verizon, VZ will encounter the same issues that ATT encountered. Because the big problem isn't just the network... Its the amount of resources that the phone requires that the carriers can't handle. Verizon will encounter the same *%%+ ATT did. The iPhone is just a resource hog, no carrier can handle it perfectly. 

So keep telling yourselves that Verizon is a better network for the iphone. Because once you realize that you can't talk on the phone and use data, you will hate your decision of jumping ship. 

And once you see that data speeds on Verizon are much slower than ATT's with the iPhone, you will regret it.

Verizon's voice coverage > ATT's voice coverage

ATT's data connections/bandwidth > Verizon's bandwidth 

iPhone = huge data/bandwidth resource hog.

iPhone + ATT > iPhone + Verizon. 

Yeah man. I would much rather have my phone drop calls vs loading a YouTube video two seconds slower
eyes.gif

will AT&T still sell plans and iphones ? or is everything switching to Verizon ?

Yeah, I might keep my Berry for the time being...but ATT is about to take a MASSIVE L.
You all do know that ATT's data bandwidth is larger/stronger than Verizon's right? 

Once everyone jumps ship to Verizon, VZ will encounter the same issues that ATT encountered. Because the big problem isn't just the network... Its the amount of resources that the phone requires that the carriers can't handle. Verizon will encounter the same *%%+ ATT did. The iPhone is just a resource hog, no carrier can handle it perfectly. 

So keep telling yourselves that Verizon is a better network for the iphone. Because once you realize that you can't talk on the phone and use data, you will hate your decision of jumping ship. 

And once you see that data speeds on Verizon are much slower than ATT's with the iPhone, you will regret it.

Yeah man. I would much rather have my phone drop calls vs loading a YouTube video two seconds slower
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

You really don't believe this right?

I guarantee the Iphone doesn't use more data than an Android on Verizon. Verizon brainwashed enough people to buy Droids and Verizon's network has handled them seamlessly. Then add in the fact that pretty much all of Verizon's flagship phones will be LTE in 2-6 months and capacity won't be an issue.

I really don't see how ATT competes unless they dramatically lower their prices. Because even if they get their network together they have built up such a bad rep with consumers unless they dramatically lower their prices people won't be there.

laugh.gif

I guarantee the Iphone doesn't use more data than an Android on Verizon. Verizon brainwashed enough people to buy Droids and Verizon's network has handled them seamlessly. Then add in the fact that pretty much all of Verizon's flagship phones will be LTE in 2-6 months and capacity won't be an issue.

I really don't see how ATT competes unless they dramatically lower their prices. Because even if they get their network together they have built up such a bad rep with consumers unless they dramatically lower their prices people won't be there.

I've never owned a Blackberry but I don't see how "blackberry has no game anymore" would be a true statement..Before this whole Blackberry craze began, Blackberry was not a consumer phone at all...It was a phone used by people that had corporate/business e-mails that needed extra security to keep their important personal data safe..Not to mention it works a lot better with servers than most smartphones..RIM is gonna be fine

For the record, if the iPhone that is released for Verizon turns out to be the identical model (specs wise) to the ATT iPhone 4, 4G LTE won't even work on it...So unless Verizon announces tomorrow that their iPhone 4 was specifically made to run LTE, it will be the same exact speed as the ATT version

I've never owned a Blackberry but I don't see how "blackberry has no game anymore" would be a true statement..Before this whole Blackberry craze began, Blackberry was not a consumer phone at all...It was a phone used by people that had corporate/business e-mails that needed extra security to keep their important personal data safe..Not to mention it works a lot better with servers than most smartphones..RIM is gonna be fine

For the record, if the iPhone that is released for Verizon turns out to be the identical model (specs wise) to the ATT iPhone 4, 4G LTE won't even work on it...So unless Verizon announces tomorrow that their iPhone 4 was specifically made to run LTE, it will be the same exact speed as the ATT version

As long as business people still need to send secure emails, Blackberry will have a decent market share.

For the life of me though I don't know why regular people like them so much.

As long as business people still need to send secure emails, Blackberry will have a decent market share.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

ill tell you what, this is REALLLLLLLLLLLLY bad news to da folks at RIM....anyone who hasn't gotten a spiffy new droid phone yet from their catalog

and possesses a blackberry will be da FIRST people on that line to get a iPhone....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

ill tell you what, this is REALLLLLLLLLLLLY bad news to da folks at RIM....anyone who hasn't gotten a spiffy new droid phone yet from their catalog

and possesses a blackberry will be da FIRST people on that line to get a iPhone....

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

It could be because im in NYC, but T-Mobile is the best service esp for money.

I've had both Verizon and ATT(the worst) and I couldn't agree more.  I had issues back in the Sidekick days with T-Mobile but they've improved a lot since then.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

It could be because im in NYC, but T-Mobile is the best service esp for money.

I've had both Verizon and ATT(the worst) and I couldn't agree more.  I had issues back in the Sidekick days with T-Mobile but they've improved a lot since then.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

BBM

BBM

laugh.gif

*shrug*
We will watch and see what happens. 

laugh.gif

*shrug*
We will watch and see what happens. 

I own the iPhone 4 and I must say, the problems I have had have been apples fault, not AT&T. People forget that some of the antenna issues and dropped calls stem from the manufacturer not the service provider. Some of the issues will be the same at verizon if it happens to get the iPhone. It is the best phone I have ever had, but still has flaws. Some of which are pretty serious like my phone dialing buttons and muting calls while up to my face.

Back
Top Bottom