VEGAN/VEGETARIAN NTers WHAT DO YOU EAT?

I would find it hard to believe that ethical and/or religious reasons weren't the major factor in someone turning vegetarian/vegan/etc. Just my opinion.

I would find it hard to believe that ethical and/or religious reasons weren't the major factor in someone turning vegetarian/vegan/etc. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

probably not the exact people here but that is a common reason. i prefer it for the health reasons.

probably not the exact people here but that is a common reason. i prefer it for the health reasons.

Thanks Meth, it's always interesting to read your posts on this topic - and challenging too.

We've spoken about it before and I'm still toying with the idea - I eat drastically less meat than I did a year ago - I realised a few weeks ago that I had gone 3 days without any meat - and that's not particularly unusual now.

Scott Jurek is a guy who's interested me too since I read 'Born to Run'. He talks about preferring real food in his endurance events rather than the gels and other silly stuff some people use. As you say they are better for you AND they actually have performance benefits.

Thanks Meth, it's always interesting to read your posts on this topic - and challenging too.

We've spoken about it before and I'm still toying with the idea - I eat drastically less meat than I did a year ago - I realised a few weeks ago that I had gone 3 days without any meat - and that's not particularly unusual now.

Scott Jurek is a guy who's interested me too since I read 'Born to Run'. He talks about preferring real food in his endurance events rather than the gels and other silly stuff some people use. As you say they are better for you AND they actually have performance benefits.

I went to this chicken and ribs place with my classmates and ordered a garden salad. This is so hard to do when all your friends are meat eaters and they insist on flash meat (no pun intended) in your face at every chance.
smh.gif

It's going well so far, I feel less like crap than when I first started.

I went to this chicken and ribs place with my classmates and ordered a garden salad. This is so hard to do when all your friends are meat eaters and they insist on flash meat (no pun intended) in your face at every chance.
smh.gif

It's going well so far, I feel less like crap than when I first started.

Had the best spaghetti and marinara sauce with mushrooms, sweet red peppers and eggplant.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 This is getting easier as the days go by.

Had the best spaghetti and marinara sauce with mushrooms, sweet red peppers and eggplant.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
 This is getting easier as the days go by.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Many people do it for the long list health benefits bijad.....lowers bad cholesterol, weight loss, gastrointestinal health, cancer protection, prolongs life, prevents cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes......etc etc etc.  

http://www.vegetarian-nutrition.info/updates/vegetarian_diets_health_benefits.php

Many people do it for the long list health benefits bijad.....lowers bad cholesterol, weight loss, gastrointestinal health, cancer protection, prolongs life, prevents cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes......etc etc etc.  

http://www.vegetarian-nutrition.info/updates/vegetarian_diets_health_benefits.php

ohwell.gif
Daily blog about my meals:

Breakfast: Fruit salad, garden omelette, hashbrowns sauteed in onions and toasted bread from Ihop
Skipped lunch
Dinner: Most satisfying burrito i've had in a minute from QDOBA...I had their vegetarian burrito w (Rice, green peppers, red peppers, a lot of onions (I love onions on everything
pimp.gif
), black beans, a little bit of cheese, tomatos + extra spicy salsa and guac). It was a masterfully crafted symphony of flavors. Oro-gasmic.

CRACK
eek.gif

Going shopping with my Seventh Day Adventist classmate on sunday, pretty excited about it.

ohwell.gif
Daily blog about my meals:

Breakfast: Fruit salad, garden omelette, hashbrowns sauteed in onions and toasted bread from Ihop
Skipped lunch
Dinner: Most satisfying burrito i've had in a minute from QDOBA...I had their vegetarian burrito w (Rice, green peppers, red peppers, a lot of onions (I love onions on everything
pimp.gif
), black beans, a little bit of cheese, tomatos + extra spicy salsa and guac). It was a masterfully crafted symphony of flavors. Oro-gasmic.

CRACK
eek.gif

Going shopping with my Seventh Day Adventist classmate on sunday, pretty excited about it.

Chipotle's Vegetarian Burrito's have so much more flavor than Qdoba's though. But if you want to go with Vegetarian at Qdoba I suggest the Taco Salad with Dressing, Black Beans, Habanero Sauce, Sour Cream, Cheese, and Guacamole. Tuesday 1/2 Price Qdoba for Students= $3.25 Taco Salad and Drink... CRACK!

Chipotle's Vegetarian Burrito's have so much more flavor than Qdoba's though. But if you want to go with Vegetarian at Qdoba I suggest the Taco Salad with Dressing, Black Beans, Habanero Sauce, Sour Cream, Cheese, and Guacamole. Tuesday 1/2 Price Qdoba for Students= $3.25 Taco Salad and Drink... CRACK!

Originally Posted by EstBeast

Originally Posted by AMafia

I can't help you. I love meat.

yep..and its not healthy to be vegetarian.

False.

I've studied nutrition health and sports science for over 12 years and i can state as FACT that you can eat perfectly 100% healthy with or without meat of any kind. It was very hard 100 years ago and hard 50 years ago but the last few decades have made it simple though not in any way cheap.

Vegan on the other hand is harder especially from a sports aspect but still totally possible but again NOT cheap to do properly.

Anyone looking into trying needs to do some work though. It's important to make sure you get enough protien and equally important to make sure you don't get too much.

Back
Top Bottom