VEGAN/VEGETARIAN NTers WHAT DO YOU EAT?

Originally Posted by EstBeast

Originally Posted by AMafia

I can't help you. I love meat.

yep..and its not healthy to be vegetarian.

False.

I've studied nutrition health and sports science for over 12 years and i can state as FACT that you can eat perfectly 100% healthy with or without meat of any kind. It was very hard 100 years ago and hard 50 years ago but the last few decades have made it simple though not in any way cheap.

Vegan on the other hand is harder especially from a sports aspect but still totally possible but again NOT cheap to do properly.

Anyone looking into trying needs to do some work though. It's important to make sure you get enough protien and equally important to make sure you don't get too much.

i find it weird when vegetarians eat those fake/imitation meat products.
i gave up eating meat for a month in june and stayed away from the imitation stuff.  i knew if i ate them i would go crazy and start eating meat again.

i gave up eating meat for a month in june and stayed away from the imitation stuff.  i knew if i ate them i would go crazy and start eating meat again.

Originally Posted by shogun

I enjoy some imitation meat
ohwell.gif
 imitation crabmeat is crack. I use it to make stirfry. The morningstar vegemeats are hit or miss.

ohwell.gif
 imitation crabmeat is crack. I use it to make stirfry. The morningstar vegemeats are hit or miss.

For those not liking the Morningstar products, see if you have an Adventist Book Center near you. They stock the Loma Linda and Worthington brands as well as some others such as Cedar Lake etc.

If you live in...
Loma Linda, CA
Berrian Springs, MI
Chattanooga, TN
Orlando, FL

they won't be hard to find as these are all large Adventist cities.

With that said I've been a vegetarian my whole life. My parents raised me that way. I don't have any plans to become non-vege either. I'm not vegan so I still eat dairy. Only thing I don't eat is milk in a liquid state. Just looks disgusting to me.

For those who may be religious, the Bible speaks about health as well. Read about clean and unclean meats. Also read the story in Daniel ch 1 about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. After being given only Vegetables to eat, and Water to drink for 10 days as opposed the the Kings wining and dining. They were far better nourished and looked better physically as well. But not only that they were tested and found to be 10 times wiser than all in the Kings entire kingdom.

For those not liking the Morningstar products, see if you have an Adventist Book Center near you. They stock the Loma Linda and Worthington brands as well as some others such as Cedar Lake etc.

If you live in...
Loma Linda, CA
Berrian Springs, MI
Chattanooga, TN
Orlando, FL

they won't be hard to find as these are all large Adventist cities.

With that said I've been a vegetarian my whole life. My parents raised me that way. I don't have any plans to become non-vege either. I'm not vegan so I still eat dairy. Only thing I don't eat is milk in a liquid state. Just looks disgusting to me.

For those who may be religious, the Bible speaks about health as well. Read about clean and unclean meats. Also read the story in Daniel ch 1 about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. After being given only Vegetables to eat, and Water to drink for 10 days as opposed the the Kings wining and dining. They were far better nourished and looked better physically as well. But not only that they were tested and found to be 10 times wiser than all in the Kings entire kingdom.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

ohwell.gif

i can agree on that.  if it's used in some crab salad or crabby rangoon it's certified cooked crack.  
smokin.gif

ohwell.gif

i can agree on that.  if it's used in some crab salad or crabby rangoon it's certified cooked crack.  
smokin.gif

Today:

Lunch: Big *** bowl of masaman curry (Tofu, cashews, onions, avocado, peppers,) + steamed rice....

Dinner: Vege burger (w/ caramelized onions, and other random stuff I don't remember) + onion rings at Flip Burger. I was impressed.
pimp.gif

Today:

Lunch: Big *** bowl of masaman curry (Tofu, cashews, onions, avocado, peppers,) + steamed rice....

Dinner: Vege burger (w/ caramelized onions, and other random stuff I don't remember) + onion rings at Flip Burger. I was impressed.
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif

I hate most morningstar stuff but the GRILLERS and PRIME GRILLERS are pretty damn tasty in my opinion.

ohwell.gif

I hate most morningstar stuff but the GRILLERS and PRIME GRILLERS are pretty damn tasty in my opinion.

Imitation crab meat is usually flavored fish lips.

I went lacto-ova-vegetarian for about a month not too long ago and was ok with it, but only because I still had the dairy and egg whites. Without them, I would have struggled mightily to get enough protein. With all the beans, wheat products, oatmeal, rice, and %!!! I was just getting way too many carbs, complex carbs no doubt but I still felt like it was having a negative effect on my energy.

I might try it again though. TrueProtein sells a rice protein, a pea protein, hemp protein, all different kinds.

Imitation crab meat is usually flavored fish lips.

I went lacto-ova-vegetarian for about a month not too long ago and was ok with it, but only because I still had the dairy and egg whites. Without them, I would have struggled mightily to get enough protein. With all the beans, wheat products, oatmeal, rice, and %!!! I was just getting way too many carbs, complex carbs no doubt but I still felt like it was having a negative effect on my energy.

I might try it again though. TrueProtein sells a rice protein, a pea protein, hemp protein, all different kinds.

Between their pea and rice protein I think I prefer the pea. Its not for everyone though. The rice protein has a bit of a chalky texture to it. If you like ice cream I recommend this, it was just given to me today.

PD_Coconut_Milk_CookieDough.jpg

Between their pea and rice protein I think I prefer the pea. Its not for everyone though. The rice protein has a bit of a chalky texture to it. If you like ice cream I recommend this, it was just given to me today.

PD_Coconut_Milk_CookieDough.jpg

I started cooking again, copped a rice cooker/vegetable steamer. steamed rice with mushrooms, baby carrots, onions and sweet peppers

Rice and veges with imitation crab meat stir fried with thai spicy peanut sauce=CRACK!!

I started cooking again, copped a rice cooker/vegetable steamer. steamed rice with mushrooms, baby carrots, onions and sweet peppers

Rice and veges with imitation crab meat stir fried with thai spicy peanut sauce=CRACK!!

my b for bumping this but anymore vegans (information) on here, I'm also thinking about becoming one.

my b for bumping this but anymore vegans (information) on here, I'm also thinking about becoming one.

This diet is od expensive but i've maintained it for the most part
pimp.gif

Morningstar sausage patties are crack

This diet is od expensive but i've maintained it for the most part
pimp.gif

Morningstar sausage patties are crack

Back
Top Bottom