*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

It's mind blowing guys won't switch to underhand.
Or just ******* bank it in. Yeah it's embarrassing but nobody is snickering when it's the 4th, you get fouled on purpose and bank in both your free throws to make their plan backfire.

Nobody is snickering when you take 14 foul shots and hit 8. Nobody is snickering when your percentage goes from sub 40 to around 60. But they're howling when you're airballing.

That one dude from Louisville was doing it in the summer league I believe.

^ what he said.. with the rate some of those guys are getting intentional fouled.. they could up their scoring averages by at least 4-6 pts

Dwight and Shaq were never as bad as DJ and Drummond at FT shooting. They hovered around 55-60%.

DJ and Drummond shoot 38-40% :x. You can see the fear in DJ's eyes when he steps to the line. ***** look like a kitten.
There's a quote in the article I posted where DJ basically admits he's scared. He gets up there thinking, "just don't airball." LOL. Talking about setting yourself up for failure. He's worried about looking stupid, which makes him tighten up and shooting terribly. Vicious cycle.

Or just ******* bank it in. Yeah it's embarrassing but nobody is snickering when it's the 4th, you get fouled on purpose and bank in both your free throws to make their plan backfire.

Nobody is snickering when you take 14 foul shots and hit 8. Nobody is snickering when your percentage goes from sub 40 to around 60. But they're howling when you're airballing.
Umm banking a free throw may be harder than shooting it straight in, G. 

No question. Banking shots on a straight line to the rim is real difficult. I used to try that when I was trying to get someone a letter in HORSE. When you're at an angle, it's different.

No question. Banking shots on a straight line to the rim is real difficult. I used to try that when I was trying to get someone a letter in HORSE. When you're at an angle, it's different.
I used to bank free throws as a kid and had no problems. **** I'd still be banking them if I cared less about what people thought 
laugh.gif
 If a child can do it for free, a grown man can do it for millions.

I used to bank free throws as a kid and had no problems. **** I'd still be banking them if I cared less about what people thought :lol:  If a child can do it for free, a grown man can do it for millions.

Banking free throws on the 8 foot baskets at the Y ain't the same thing

I used to bank free throws as a kid and had no problems. **** I'd still be banking them if I cared less about what people thought 
laugh.gif
 If a child can do it for free, a grown man can do it for millions.
There's no way you actually think your experience and an NBA player shooting free throws in a 22K seated arena is even remotely the same thing bro. You're better than that.

Yeah me putting up shots on a slightly crooked rim with no net is the same as playing pro. Of course I don't think that.

I was just saying banking a free throw isn't that hard. Or at least wasn't. I haven't done it on purpose in years 
laugh.gif

But if a kid who didnt even play that much could do it, someone who plays pro should be able to.

I'm not even saying they should magically be able to shoot above 90% by doing it.

Just that maybe banking would help them hit at least half. It certainly helped me.

Conversely don't ever ask me to make an underhanded free throw shot.

If my life was on the line I'd sooner shoot myself than that ball but I know for some people it helps.

This is their livelihood. Their legacy. They should try whatever to help themselves.

A free throw is a free throw. Once you find what works and practice enough, it doesn't matter what gym you're shooting in.

Just breathe, and go through the motions without ******* up and you'll hit at least half. No matter how ugly your form is.

Is it really too much to demand 50%? As much **** as Shaq gets for his ft shooting I'm pretty sure he hit over half of the ones he took in his career.

Banked Jesus 
roll.gif
 no by that point I had already been shamed into aiming for the rim, the whole rim and nothing but the rim so help me BasedGod 
laugh.gif

I even remember the exact game I switched it up. Playing 21 with a friend and his boys who I didn't know and I was winning but I was banking in all of my free throws.

Hadn't missed one. Was at like 15 when one dude got UPSET, made a big deal, called me a backboard abuser and was just a ***** about it.

So I stopped and never aimed for the backboard again. I proceeded to airball and brick the rest of them and lost 
roll.gif
 Was so damn ashamed 
laugh.gif

Banked Jesus :rofl:  no by that point I had already been shamed into aiming for the rim, the whole rim and nothing but the rim so help me BasedGod :lol:  
I even remember the exact game I switched it up. Playing 21 with a friend and his boys who I didn't know and I was winning but I was banking in all of my free throws.
Hadn't missed one. Was at like 15 when one dude got UPSET, made a big deal, called me a backboard abuser and was just a ***** about it.
So I stopped and never aimed for the backboard again. I proceeded to airball and brick the rest of them and lost :rofl:  Was so damn ashamed :lol:
Shoulda trolled him & kept banking :lol:

Back
Top Bottom