*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

The fact that he's probably the most talented offensive player we've ever seen still tilts it in his favor. 
It used to but not after the step Kawhi took on offense last year.

They only had small difference in TS% and Kawhi was by far the better defender.

KD has a 7.1 offensive BPM

Kawhi had a 5.5 offensive BPM

KD's defensive BPM was 0.9

Kawhi was 2.8.

Kawhi overall BPM is higher than KD.

Not mention one look at their synergy #'s when you break it down by ISO, PnR and transition.

So yea KD is still better on offense but the gap is closed, not to mention Kawhi is 2 years younger.
Yea, but the Thunder coasting during the regular season skews that number, no? I don't think that this is something that I can rely purely on RPM for anyways. There's an eye component test in this for sure. 

Yea, but the Thunder coasting during the regular season skews that number, no? I don't think that this is something that I can rely purely on RPM for anyways. There's an eye component test in this for sure. 

Spurs coasted at the end just as much as the Thunder they were just a better team which makes Kawhi numbers even more impressive since they are skewed towards Usage which KD has more of.

Its not like it's based off wins and loses either just the per possession impact the player has while on the floor.

Spurs coasted at the end just as much as the Thunder they were just a better team which makes Kawhi numbers even more impressive since they are skewed towards Usage which KD has more of.

Its not like it's based off wins and loses either just the per possession impact the player has while on the floor.
Argument could be made that higher offensive usage is partly why KD has lower defensive ratings. I just don't think that relying purely on those numbers tells the entire story. You make good points. 

Serge ain't playing huh

You're only allowed to have one import on the team at the moment and they picked Mirotic to be that guy. The rule may change soon and they'd have Mirotic-Ibaka as their next generation frontcourt

Last edited:

I agree with you for the most part.

Even though BPM doesn't take this into consideraiton, it does show that a player playing more minutes (i.e. KD 36 minutes compared to Kawhi's 33) would carry more value overall. So, KD's 7.9 total BPM may be just as valuable as Kawhi's 8.3 considering KD is playing more

Jabari Parker looked great during the mini camp.

Pop was bigging him up. He looks to be in great shape too. Expecting a big year from him.

Jabari Parker looked great during the mini camp.

Pop was bigging him up. He looks to be in great shape too. Expecting a big year from him.

Breakout Bari. :pimp:

He was 19/6 on 49% shooting after the AS break, he and Giannis going to be a TREAT to watch next year.

I love Jabari and I'm rooting for him but he looked TERRIBLE in every piece of footage that's been available of their Select Team camp. I still have hope he'll breakout this year but he was looking rough out there.

If he looked great...it damn sure was off camera. Because in all of the videos that surfaced he looked pretty bad.

The fact that he's probably the most talented offensive player we've ever seen still tilts it in his favor. 

Kawhi was 2.8.

Not mention one look at their synergy #'s when you break it down by ISO, PnR and transition.

So yea KD is still better on offense but the gap is closed, not to mention Kawhi is 2 years younger.

Numbers mean diddley squat. Kd is light years better than kawhi offensively. Kd is a generational scoring talent.

Idk what footage y'all watched....but I just watched the entire last one that was an hour long....and he looked great.

Pop was saying "way to go Bari" damn near like every couple minutes.

Kawhi was 2.8.

Numbers mean diddley squat. Kd is light years better than kawhi offensively. Kd is a generational scoring talent.
Totally agree.  Light years better offensively.  

And as far as defense goes, I will admit that Kawhi is a better defender than Durant.  I mean, did you see how Kawhi shut down Anthony Roberson and Dion Waiters all playoff series long this year?  While Russell Was going off for 25+ a game and Durant was going off for 28+ a game, Kawhi really used his defensive prowess to shut down the offensive juggernauts that are Roberson and Waiters.  So impressive!

Totally agree.  Light years better offensively.  

And as far as defense goes, I will admit that Kawhi is a better defender than Durant.  I mean, did you see how Kawhi shut down Anthony Roberson and Dion Waiters all playoff series long this year?  While Russell Was going off for 25+ a game and Durant was going off for 28+ a game, Kawhi really used his defensive prowess to shut down the offensive juggernauts that are Roberson and Waiters.  So impressive!

It's a team game, if you watched the Spurs/OKC series and thought it was Kawhi fault they lost than :lol:.

I just layed out data to prove my point and you use arbitrary #'s from 1 playoff series, great job.

Back
Top Bottom