*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Totally agree.  Light years better offensively.  

And as far as defense goes, I will admit that Kawhi is a better defender than Durant.  I mean, did you see how Kawhi shut down Anthony Roberson and Dion Waiters all playoff series long this year?  While Russell Was going off for 25+ a game and Durant was going off for 28+ a game, Kawhi really used his defensive prowess to shut down the offensive juggernauts that are Roberson and Waiters.  So impressive!
It's a team game, if you watched the Spurs/OKC series and thought it was Kawhi fault they lost than
laugh.gif

I just layed out data to prove my point and you use arbitrary #'s from 1 playoff series, great job.
I didnt use arbitrary numbers from one playoff series.  I just watched the "DPOY" guard the Thunder's 3rd and 4th options all series long.  For someone that is supposed to be able to lock down anyone, I found this to be ridiculous.

I dont recall ever saying the Spurs/OKC series was Kawhi's fault.  Maybe you can point me in the direction of where I said that so I can edit it.  Must have been drunk when I said that because that would be an illogical post.

I didnt use arbitrary numbers from one playoff series.  I just watched the "DPOY" guard the Thunder's 3rd and 4th options all series long.  For someone that is supposed to be able to lock down anyone, I found this to be ridiculous.

I dont recall ever saying the Spurs/OKC series was Kawhi's fault.  Maybe you can point me in the direction of where I said that so I can edit it.  Must have been drunk when I said that because that would be an illogical post.

That's Popovich's game plan, blame him.

Kawhi still the best two player

That's Popovich's game plan, blame him.

Kawhi still the best two player
And I dont necessarily disagree that he is the best two way player.  Where I disagree is saying that he is a better player than Kevin Durant, even in spite of playing better D than him. 

And I dont necessarily disagree that he is the best two way player.  Where I disagree is saying that he is a better player than Kevin Durant, even in spite of playing better D than him. 

I agree he's the better player at this exact moment only though, he's shown this level of play for 3 years in a row compared to Kawhi just reaching this level last year.

I'd rather have Kawhi for the next 7 years than KD though.

Watching these guys practice gives you a true appreciation of how gifted most of them are. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen was when I watched Rasheed Wallace practice for an all star game. He took and made every shot with his left hand. EVERY SHOT. Threes, twos, it didn't matter. He didn't miss a shot with his opposite hand. The only shot he missed was when he shot from half court with his right hand. Unbelievable. I don't think Steph Curry could make every shot in a practice with his left hand....but Sheed did.

Wish he got out of Minny sooner :smh:

Wish he didn't get hurt in '09 :smh:

Guy was everything man :smh:

I wasn't a fan of either of them, but I remember how hyped I was when I heard the T'Wolves were interested in trading for Iverson to pair with Garnett in 2006.

And all it was going to take was Foye and trash. :lol:
Yup :lol: My teenage self woulda COMPLETELY lost my mind :rofl: those were my two favorite players back then

IIRC, 2000 he got married and 2004 he was dealing with the case.

Story on it:

The next day, Grant Hill said he would cede his spot on the 12-man U.S. Olympic roster due to his own ankle injury.

“It was tacitly acknowledged that Bryant was the top choice” to replace him in a USA Basketball conference call that day, according to the Associated Press. Bryant and Eddie Jones were named as possibilities by then-USA Basketball president Russ Granik.

Hill agreed on Bryant.

From the AP:

Asked if he knew who would replace him, Hill, still on crutches and wearing a walking boot to protect his ankle, said, “I don’t know. I think maybe Kobe Bryant, but I’m not sure.”

But three days after that, Bryant said he was “leaning toward not going” to Sydney if asked.

“There’s a lot I’d like to do this summer, spend time with my family, get married, relax,” Bryant said, according to the AP. “I haven’t given it that much thought, really. I’ll give it some more thought after the season.”

Then on July 17, it was made official.

This may be the last time an Emerging Market country gets the Olympics. I've read nothing good about how this is going. Idk why an Emerging Market would even want the Olympics there, it always creates more problems than it solves.

Last edited:
Seeing the best two player in the game who's also a freak athlete is exciting to me.

Kawhi obviously is a robot personality wise but his game oscillates between brilliance and savageness.

He'll be even better now that the Spurs are truly his team.

We also missing the glass house of potential that is Anthony Davis.
Kawhi is a great two way player...might not catch the casual basketball persons eye because he's a quiet guy and isn't flashy.  Davis...I knew I was forgetting someone lol.  I'm probably leaving some more off the list as well.  

I remember rooting for Minny in 03 in the first rd against LAL simply cause I liked KG at the time a lot.

First year they get homecourt, first year first rd goes to best of 7, and they got a bad draw with LAL. 

If I recall, That was a tough 6 games for LAL. Troy Hudson was giving them hell. LAL was basically dead going into the playoffs after scrambling to get solid playoff positioning after basically being out of the playoffs at Xmas. Almost guaranteed them losing to the spurs after struggling with Minny.

This is really a meh USA team and they are still far and away better than the rest of the world. 

If i'm Melo, why not sign up to get an easy Gold Medal.

Back
Top Bottom