*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

This probably is the most boring team talent wise that we've had since 2000.

That's why the connection isn't there.

Lebron, Steph, Westbrook, Kawhi, Blake, Dame, I know there's more but yea, there's a lot of players who would have made this team a little more fun to watch.  I think LBJ and Steph playing would have had a lot more people interested, being that they both are the two players everyone wants to see right now.  I'll be going tomorrow at Oracle with my son just because I love basketball, but I'm in the same boat....could be more exciting.  

Myrie would be the only reason I watch. Bunch of blah on this squad.

Lebron, Steph, Westbrook, Kawhi, Blake, Dame, I know there's more but yea, there's a lot of players who would have made this team a little more fun to watch.  I think LBJ and Steph playing would have had a lot more people interested, being that they both are the two players everyone wants to see right now.  I'll be going tomorrow at Oracle with my son just because I love basketball, but I'm in the same boat....could be more exciting.  
How would he have made this team more "fun" to watch?

Observation...Melo doesn't look to be in good shape this time around. I know he's always been doughy....but he looks '96 Barkley-Esque outchea. He's been in better shape before. Especially in the Olympics.

I missed the "rest of the world" catching up to us talk a few pages back. Just to chime in, that's always been a farce. USA is always going to be the best at basketball as long as they take it seriously. Always.

The 02, and 04 teams had no structure. There wasn't even a USA basketball farm system. Just threw some players together 2 weeks before the tournament and expected to win :lol:.

How would he have made this team more "fun" to watch?
roll.gif
 .... whoops.  I guess I just started naming players who were deserving of being on the team.  (You mean you don't consider playing lockdown defense exciting and crowd pleasing?!) lol.  

Seeing the best two player in the game who's also a freak athlete is exciting to me.

Kawhi obviously is a robot personality wise but his game oscillates between brilliance and savageness.

He'll be even better now that the Spurs are truly his team.

We also missing the glass house of potential that is Anthony Davis.

Melo just looks old as dirt compared to the rest of the team right now. Everybody else on the team is at their peak of athleticism and Melo is on the downside of his career.

I feel bad because I feel like Melo only even on the team because of the lack of winning that he's done over the past couple years.

All his contemporaries have moved on, he really the only player from his generation on the team.

I feel bad because I feel like Melo only even on the team because of the lack of winning that he's done over the past couple years.

All his contemporaries have moved on, he really the only player from his generation on the team.

Melo woulda been on the team regardless. Bron and Cp3 originally wanted to play. Those 3 would've had the chance at 3 Gold medals

If Melo somehow wins an NBA chip later in his career...he's going to be in elite company. He'll have the basketball triple crown (College, NBA, Olympic) which has only like 5 players in it. The most recent being MJ and Magic.

That's elite company.

Last edited:
Melo woulda been on the team regardless. Bron and Cp3 originally wanted to play. Those 3 would've had the chance at 3 Gold medals

If Melo somehow wins an NBA chip later in his career...he's going to be in elite company. He'll have the basketball triple crown (w/ 3 gold medals)...which has only like 5 players in it. The most recent being MJ and Magic.

That's elite company.

But either of those guys could've played if they really wanted, truth is they're chasing rings not gold medals.

You won't ever hear MJ first referred to as a gold medalist it's always 6 time NBA champion.

Melo doesn't have an outside shot at winning a title without leaving NY so it's a moot point unless that happens.

Last edited:
But either of those guys could've played if they really wanted, truth is they're chasing rings not gold medals.

You won't ever hear MJ first referred to as a gold medalist it's always 6 time NBA champion.

Melo doesn't have an outside shot at winning a title without leaving NY so it's a moot point unless that happens.

I get that. What I'm saying is....Melo didn't have anything to do. His season's been done since April. He's healthy. He doesn't care about zika.

Why not add to your resume as a player? He woulda been on the team regardless. Even with him on the decline...he's easily still one of the better players on the roster. And a big name.

Spain looking like a Rap-Rock supergroup that woulda came out during the Limp Bizkit era.

They obviously tryna win gold.

Seeing the best two player in the game who's also a freak athlete is exciting to me.

Kawhi obviously is a robot personality wise but his game oscillates between brilliance and savageness.

He'll be even better now that the Spurs are truly his team.

We also missing the glass house of potential that is Anthony Davis.
KD not on the team? 

The fact that he's probably the most talented offensive player we've ever seen still tilts it in his favor. 

It used to but not after the step Kawhi took on offense last year.

They only had small difference in TS% and Kawhi was by far the better defender.

KD has a 7.1 offensive BPM

Kawhi had a 5.5 offensive BPM

KD's defensive BPM was 0.9

Kawhi was 2.8.

Kawhi overall BPM is higher than KD.

Not mention one look at their synergy #'s when you break it down by ISO, PnR and transition.

So yea KD is still better on offense but the gap is closed, not to mention Kawhi is 2 years younger.

Last edited:
I don't know **** about advanced stats. I do know that if I simulate a fantasy draft on 2K, that KD is going before Kawhi.

So with that said....KD > Kawhi. 

Back
Top Bottom