Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

Probably because you're trying to relive or reboot whatever you missed out on in your grade school/late teen years....same with you still pining over girls from back then too.

betterhelp.com
The women is one thing.

But shoes, nah. Been collecting on my own since like 2009, thanks to NT and SC Forums. Almost every OG CW and retro+ Jordan you can think of I have owned already. The sneaker culture then to now isn’t the same as well.

I just have a passion for shoes.

That'd be me. To be fair, some people like to talk exclusively about mindless topics. Like I dont really wanna talk about real housewives or the latest 85 part netflix series, doesn't interest me. And then it feels fake trying to engage just for the sake of making convo. I meet people and they are just entirely wraped up in this web of entertainment we live in whether its social media, sports or streaming shows. Not gonna feign interest just to project socialization. But it tracks tho cause alot of people have told me their first impression of me was an a-hole lol.
Thats why I say just give genuine answers. “Man I don’t watch that ****. (Insert quasi-comical yet truthful reason)”. They’re gonna to laugh, tell you you’re right…boom. You got control of the conversation. The “a-hole” comes from you trying to fake it.

Taylor swift was good when she first started.

But near her 3rd album she went full on pop and abandoned her guitar.

Teachers are the most underpaid profession and it’s not even close imo. Educating the next generation should be one of our highest priorities and we should have all the best top talent fighting to be a teacher + giving education the resources it needs. I’d vote immediately to pay teachers 200k a year and to take that directly out of the politicians pay. We pay a bunch of old white men mostly to sit around and disagree with each other and get nothing done.

if teachers were paid 200k a year, the vast majority of teachers today wouldn't be able to be a teacher. also, can someone list me countries that pay teachers that well? if you list a HC city-states with a small *** population, i will just link you to the salaries teachers make in Cali.

how much do you think they/y'all should get paid?

edit: just found the average...in 2021, it was $65k

also, do y'all not work only 8/9 months out of the year? do y'all not work only like a few hours a day? do y'all not get a pension?

Last edited:
if teachers were paid 200k a year, the vast majority of teachers today wouldn't be able to be a teacher

The same could be said about A LOT of jobs especially in the public sector. If jobs like cops, military or politicians were held to the same standards/qualifications as other fields a lot of them wouldn't have a job. If paying them more raises the bar for teachers and schools/education that doesn't sound like a bad thing in the long run.

Even before 2020 they were bringing in teachers from other countries offering visas etc to help fill the shortages something should be done.

It's funny when people talk on people's money/pay like the money is being put to better use elsewhere. From wage to welfare. Some people really feel some type of way about people on public assistance eating certain foods :lol:

The same could be said about A LOT of jobs especially in the public sector. If jobs like cops, military or politicians were held to the same standards/qualifications as other fields a lot of them wouldn't have a job. If paying them more raises the bar for teachers and schools/education that doesn't sound like a bad thing in the long run.

It's funny when people talk on people's money/pay like the money is being put to better use elsewhere. From wage to welfare. Some people really feel some type of way about people on public assistance eating certain foods :lol:

no i don't have a problem with paying more to get better qualify teachers but i do have a problem with paying the current set of teachers more bc of the belief that they are underpaid

also, the vast majority of teachers i have been around are nothing but complainers that wouldn't be able to get better gigs if they left

compare what the US teachers get paid to other teachers around the world & how much we spent per kid each year and now compare the countries' test scores

My friends a teacher. They get paid year round regardless of school day or not. So that 60k is stretched

from what i heard, the teachers can choose their pay schedule. also, i don't get what's the significance of your statement.

does your friend work more than 8-9 months out of the year?
does your friend not get pension?
hypothetically, if your friend were a teacher, do you think he/she would have had a higher paying job?
hypothetically, if your friend left teaching, do you think he/she would be able to somewhat easily find a better job?

no i don't have a problem with paying more to get better qualify teachers but i do have a problem with paying the current set of teachers more bc of the belief that they are underpaid

also, the vast majority of teachers i have been around are nothing but complainers that wouldn't be able to get better gigs if they left

compare what the US teachers get paid to other teachers around the world & how much we spent per kid each year and now compare the countries' test scores

Unless you actively protest against things like police budget increases you're just bias for whatever reason.

They don't necessarily have to pay them more directly...maybe some sort of voucher to cover things like housing. Congressman get 6 figure salaries, pension, allowances to pay staff, expenses, tax funded flights etc. Congress averages like 147 days of "work" a years. And complaining is in their job description.

You're comparing education between countries like cultural/systematic differences don't exist. Goofy culture and poor educational systems produces these children and adults/teachers...

mardi gras looks like such a :emoji_poop:show that it might actually be a lot of fun

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 23-01-13 EarthCam Live Mardi Gras - New Orleans Street View.png

Unless you actively protest against things like police budget increases you're just bias for whatever reason.

They don't necessarily have to pay them more directly...maybe some sort of voucher to cover things like housing. Congressman get 6 figure salaries, pension, allowances to pay staff, expenses, tax funded flights etc. Congress averages like 147 days of "work" a years. And complaining is in their job description.

You're comparing education between countries like cultural/systematic differences don't exist. Goofy culture and poor educational systems produces these children and adults/teachers...

so your argument is the teachers should get paid more because all the other government position get paid too much?

why can't you just say they shouldn't get much that much either lol which i agree with

hypothetically, we use public funds to pay the teachers in housing, what benefits for the kids do you think that will have? or, are you saying just to do it to be nice?

Jeez all teachers are underpaid, especially elementary teachers. Beside watching 60 people's kids (30 kids), they are also tasked with advancing that boy or girl's knowledge in math, science, tech ed, art, music in addition to those specific classes for all those subjects they go to.

Back
Top Bottom