Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

Jeez all teachers are underpaid, especially elementary teachers. Beside watching 60 people's kids (30 kids), they are also tasked with advancing that boy or girl's knowledge in math, science, tech ed, art, music in addition to those specific classes for all those subjects they go to.

are you assuming most teachers are good? or, does that not matter?

mardi gras looks like such a :emoji_poop:show that it might actually be a lot of fun

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 23-01-13 EarthCam Live Mardi Gras - New Orleans Street View.png
My sad reaction is because I wanted to go this year

are you assuming most teachers are good? or, does that not matter?
There are poor ones that need to take younger child care seriously. There's not a good way to grade on a "good" or "bad" curve, and if all of them could get $20k more per year let's start there and work on performance after that.

But beyond that, it'd be great to have a way to pay the best more but that's hard. My favorite middle school teacher won Teacher of the Year from a news station in Minnesota, and that's like one of the only things you can really boost your salary with.

Government employees get a pension, nobody forgets. But you want them to wait out a bad salary until they can live at 60?

bad salary? in terms of what?

possibly some states like AZ & OK are bad but for the most part, they are on average compensated fairly

so your argument is the teachers should get paid more because all the other government position get paid too much?

Is your argument that teachers aren't underpaid because the teachers you've encountered complain and aren't qualified for other jobs?

Is your argument that teachers aren't underpaid because the teachers you've encountered complain and aren't qualified for other jobs?

no i have already said that the teachers in the US are paid one of the highest in the world but deliver ****** results (even though the country spend the highest per child in the world)

Even if the country's first in salaries vs. other several countries, (going off your info) how many countries would obviously be behind us without you even telling me that. Most.

But United States cost of living vs. what they get paid / not congruent to the importance. We set the example cause we have the resources.

A lot tax wise would have to change for a seismic shift so I know I get it.

Even if the country's first in salaries vs. other several countries, (going off your info) how many countries would obviously be behind us without you even telling me that. Most.

But United States cost of living vs. what they get paid / not congruent to the importance. We set the example cause we have the resources.

A lot tax wise would have to change for a seismic shift so I know I get it.

so what's the strongest argument you have for teachers being underpaid?

bc cops & politicians get paid too much?

no i have already said that the teachers in the US are paid one of the highest in the world but deliver ****ty results (even though the country spend the highest per child in the world)

So you're saying the results are the teachers fault alone and not society, educational system, the government as a whole? Who do you think produces and hires these teachers?

Look at how tax money or lack thereof separates "results"

So you're saying the results are the teachers fault alone and not society, educational system, the government as a whole? Who do you think produces and hires these teachers?

stick on topic and don't deviate

why do you think teachers should get paid more?

Teachers are the most underpaid profession and it’s not even close imo. Educating the next generation should be one of our highest priorities and we should have all the best top talent fighting to be a teacher + giving education the resources it needs. I’d vote immediately to pay teachers 200k a year and to take that directly out of the politicians pay. We pay a bunch of old white men mostly to sit around and disagree with each other and get nothing done.
Alot of teachers don't do a good job teaching if we're being honest

Why do you think teacher shouldn't get paid more based on what happens in other countries?

do you know what is a benchmark? well, that's what people do lol

what is your argument that they should get paid more? don't quote me again until you answer this question. you can't even come up a logical argument.

do you know what is a benchmark? well, that's what people do lol

what is your argument that they should get paid more? don't quote me again until you answer this question. you can't even come up a logical argument.

You didn't answer my questions

The blatant inequality in this country on full display.

Then people act surprised when minority students end up working at walmart and other retail jobs while their white peers end up in more lucrative careers. Then the cycle repeats generation after generation with minorities in low income areas and whites in the suburbs and high income areas.

It's sickening and you have idiots constantly telling people to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

The blatant inequality in this country on full display.

Then people act surprised when minority students end up working at walmart and other retail jobs while their white peers end up in more lucrative careers. Then the cycle repeats generation after generation with minorities in low income areas and whites in the suburbs and high income areas.

It's sickening and you have idiots constantly telling people to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

How many bad overpaid teachers you think they got though :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom