To the Nters that moved out to apartments....

some of you guys got it GOOD when it comes to rent. (not considering the cost of living in that area)
in college my apartment was a 2 bedroom 2 bath next to campus, it was ~$2200 a month. (orange county) i paid $500+ utilities to SHARE a small room.
laugh.gif

in my current situation, i'm paying $650+ utilities to have a single room in a 3 bedroom 2 bath. (san diego)

Originally Posted by bittersweet

1500/month. Downtown Chicago, right near the lake & Michigan Ave.

how many bedrooms and do you work/ go to school downtown?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

1500/month. Downtown Chicago, right near the lake & Michigan Ave.

how many bedrooms and do you work/ go to school downtown?

are you guys working?

my rent is 750 without utilities/cable

free parking space, pool, gym, laundry room, and unlimited supply of chips and water
laugh.gif

are you guys working?

my rent is 750 without utilities/cable

free parking space, pool, gym, laundry room, and unlimited supply of chips and water
laugh.gif

My last apartment was 1 BR 1 Bath with nothing included for $650 it was a little small place in Saratoga NY.

Looking for a new spot now, keeping an eye out for a 2 BR for around $800-$900

My last apartment was 1 BR 1 Bath with nothing included for $650 it was a little small place in Saratoga NY.

Looking for a new spot now, keeping an eye out for a 2 BR for around $800-$900

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Evanston, IL and very close to my school

Last year (two places)- Fall- 3br/1ba 2800/month (friend and I subletted at 600/month for the quarter)
Winter/Spring- 1350/month plus utilities for 3br/1ba for 3 people. Huge place, completely renovated, everything new. (repeatedly told we had one of the sickest
deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif
(owner upped the price to 2200/month plus utilities... long story)

Summer in NYC- 700/month for 1br in a big house in Woodhaven,NY

This year- 2br/1ba for 1395/month plus need to pay for electricity. Smaller in relation to last place but bedrooms are slightly bigger.

Prices here can get really ridiculous. Lots of students have the money though. We (5 people) lost a bid for a nice house to 3 guys. Rent was 3500/month. :X
Damn, rent is that much out in Evanston? If that were the case I'd probably opt to live in Rogers Park or some area near there to be closer to the city and still not have that long of a commute.

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
$944/month no utilities included
Works out to be about $1035/month split between me and my roommate. A 12 month lease here is cheaper than staying 8 months in the dorms.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Evanston, IL and very close to my school

Last year (two places)- Fall- 3br/1ba 2800/month (friend and I subletted at 600/month for the quarter)
Winter/Spring- 1350/month plus utilities for 3br/1ba for 3 people. Huge place, completely renovated, everything new. (repeatedly told we had one of the sickest
deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif
(owner upped the price to 2200/month plus utilities... long story)

Summer in NYC- 700/month for 1br in a big house in Woodhaven,NY

This year- 2br/1ba for 1395/month plus need to pay for electricity. Smaller in relation to last place but bedrooms are slightly bigger.

Prices here can get really ridiculous. Lots of students have the money though. We (5 people) lost a bid for a nice house to 3 guys. Rent was 3500/month. :X
Damn, rent is that much out in Evanston? If that were the case I'd probably opt to live in Rogers Park or some area near there to be closer to the city and still not have that long of a commute.

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
$944/month no utilities included
Works out to be about $1035/month split between me and my roommate. A 12 month lease here is cheaper than staying 8 months in the dorms.

2br/2ba - rent + water comes out $850/month

I live in san antonio - the COL down here in Texas is very low - I can't imagine living in So Cal or NYC - i wouldn't make it

2br/2ba - rent + water comes out $850/month

I live in san antonio - the COL down here in Texas is very low - I can't imagine living in So Cal or NYC - i wouldn't make it

Astoria, Queens, NYC

500/month with 3 roomates, 4 bedrooms. train right around the corner 15min into Manhattan. It's not the prettiest apartment but I don't regret moving out one bit.

Astoria, Queens, NYC

500/month with 3 roomates, 4 bedrooms. train right around the corner 15min into Manhattan. It's not the prettiest apartment but I don't regret moving out one bit.

1 Bedroom. $819/month, no utilities included. It's in a nice convenient neighborhood. Yes, I'm getting robbed. Lived here for 3 years now.

1 Bedroom. $819/month, no utilities included. It's in a nice convenient neighborhood. Yes, I'm getting robbed. Lived here for 3 years now.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Danggg, ya'll pay a lot. I mean I know I don't live in NYC or LA or anything, but honestly I love my apartment...it gets the job done.

I pay 379$ a month plus electricity (about 30-40 dollars)

3 Bedroom 3 Bath

Lawrence, KS
im in wichita. pay $580 for 1 bedroom. pretty moderate place. my uncle thank god for him advised me to save up at least 6 months rent before moved out. i actually saved double lol cause i didnt want to have to worry about where money was coming from. never know what can happen. lovin it tho.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Danggg, ya'll pay a lot. I mean I know I don't live in NYC or LA or anything, but honestly I love my apartment...it gets the job done.

I pay 379$ a month plus electricity (about 30-40 dollars)

3 Bedroom 3 Bath

Lawrence, KS
im in wichita. pay $580 for 1 bedroom. pretty moderate place. my uncle thank god for him advised me to save up at least 6 months rent before moved out. i actually saved double lol cause i didnt want to have to worry about where money was coming from. never know what can happen. lovin it tho.

Back
Top Bottom