To the Nters that moved out to apartments....

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I'd live in the valley or Sherman Oaks but the one big problem is the commute and driving daily over the hill on the 405 is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm not down with that!

The only other drawback to living up there is the heat. I haven't had to run any A/C this year and I know you dudes in the Valley have to keep it on, on the regular.
tired.gif

ABSOLUTELY! 
laugh.gif

I just got my DWP bill for the last month and a half, and it was the highest I've seen since I've been living there.

And yes, that 405 is brutal, that's the only reason I hate the 405.  But other than that, I love it out here. 
People out in Antelope Valley pay a fraction of what regular rent/mortgage is in the valley or in the city, but it's death out there
laugh.gif

I would never....

I'd live in the valley or Sherman Oaks but the one big problem is the commute and driving daily over the hill on the 405 is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm not down with that!

The only other drawback to living up there is the heat. I haven't had to run any A/C this year and I know you dudes in the Valley have to keep it on, on the regular.
tired.gif

ABSOLUTELY! 
laugh.gif

I just got my DWP bill for the last month and a half, and it was the highest I've seen since I've been living there.

And yes, that 405 is brutal, that's the only reason I hate the 405.  But other than that, I love it out here. 
People out in Antelope Valley pay a fraction of what regular rent/mortgage is in the valley or in the city, but it's death out there
laugh.gif

I would never....

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm not down with that!

tired.gif

ABSOLUTELY! 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would never....

Yeah I got mine and it was 80 bucks for the last 2 months or w/e. What was yours up there running AC?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm not down with that!

tired.gif

ABSOLUTELY! 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would never....

Yeah I got mine and it was 80 bucks for the last 2 months or w/e. What was yours up there running AC?

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by bittersweet

1500/month. Downtown Chicago, right near the lake & Michigan Ave.

how many bedrooms and do you work/ go to school downtown?
2 bedrooms - but that's just how much I pay. I have roommates. And yeah, I go to school down here. View from my window. 
259g9zq.png

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by bittersweet

1500/month. Downtown Chicago, right near the lake & Michigan Ave.

how many bedrooms and do you work/ go to school downtown?
2 bedrooms - but that's just how much I pay. I have roommates. And yeah, I go to school down here. View from my window. 
259g9zq.png

$1000 a month 1 bedroom, little under 900 sq. ft

that is before utilities...

Las Colinas, TX - suburb of Dallas w/ lakeview

$1000 a month 1 bedroom, little under 900 sq. ft

that is before utilities...

Las Colinas, TX - suburb of Dallas w/ lakeview

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Evanston, IL and very close to my school

Last year (two places)- Fall- 3br/1ba 2800/month (friend and I subletted at 600/month for the quarter)
Winter/Spring- 1350/month plus utilities for 3br/1ba for 3 people. Huge place, completely renovated, everything new. (repeatedly told we had one of the sickest
deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif
(owner upped the price to 2200/month plus utilities... long story)

Summer in NYC- 700/month for 1br in a big house in Woodhaven,NY

This year- 2br/1ba for 1395/month plus need to pay for electricity. Smaller in relation to last place but bedrooms are slightly bigger.

Prices here can get really ridiculous. Lots of students have the money though. We (5 people) lost a bid for a nice house to 3 guys. Rent was 3500/month. :X
Damn, rent is that much out in Evanston? If that were the case I'd probably opt to live in Rogers Park or some area near there to be closer to the city and still not have that long of a commute.

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
$944/month no utilities included
Works out to be about $1035/month split between me and my roommate. A 12 month lease here is cheaper than staying 8 months in the dorms.
It would be cheaper to live in RP but that is just too damn far for my liking. 

Last year (two places)- Fall- 3br/1ba 2800/month (friend and I subletted at 600/month for the quarter)
Winter/Spring- 1350/month plus utilities for 3br/1ba for 3 people. Huge place, completely renovated, everything new. (repeatedly told we had one of the sickest
deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif

This year- 2br/1ba for 1395/month plus need to pay for electricity. Smaller in relation to last place but bedrooms are slightly bigger.

Prices here can get really ridiculous. Lots of students have the money though. We (5 people) lost a bid for a nice house to 3 guys. Rent was 3500/month. :X
Damn, rent is that much out in Evanston? If that were the case I'd probably opt to live in Rogers Park or some area near there to be closer to the city and still not have that long of a commute.

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
Works out to be about $1035/month split between me and my roommate. A 12 month lease here is cheaper than staying 8 months in the dorms.

700 a month one bedroom one bath, 800sq feet
ohwell.gif

OD space i need to fill with furniture at some point

700 a month one bedroom one bath, 800sq feet
ohwell.gif

OD space i need to fill with furniture at some point

deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
I understand. I suppose depending on class schedules and stuff it could be a b***h to commute.  My cousin's got a place in the 7000 block on N. Sheridan that he bought for well under 200K during the height of the housing market and it's a nice place with two sizable bedrooms and a nice open layout.  They rent for around $900-$1050 and I feel like if I were a senior and had say an internship downtown it would be a good location.

deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
I understand. I suppose depending on class schedules and stuff it could be a b***h to commute.  My cousin's got a place in the 7000 block on N. Sheridan that he bought for well under 200K during the height of the housing market and it's a nice place with two sizable bedrooms and a nice open layout.  They rent for around $900-$1050 and I feel like if I were a senior and had say an internship downtown it would be a good location.

deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
7000 n sheridan block is pretty far from downtown but you could take the purple line express so i guess.... i hope to be able to move closer to down town like lincoln park (ideally)

deals on campus) Miss it
30t6p3b.gif

Towson, MD
2 BR/1 BA
7000 n sheridan block is pretty far from downtown but you could take the purple line express so i guess.... i hope to be able to move closer to down town like lincoln park (ideally)

Back
Top Bottom