This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all think Chelsea would have won the PL if they had to compete in CL or even EL?

:lol: You guys are right

But idk, I can't help but think that if Wenger went to a club like PSG that gave him dat bag, he would flourish.

He would. But I think his downfall is, he's always trying to find young talent TOO MUCH. A team like PSG wants to sign big names and go deep in the CL while still winning the domestic trophy as well.

I don't think Wenger has a "win as much as possible" mentality. He's not willing to keep his foot on your neck.

Do y'all think Chelsea would have won the PL if they had to compete in CL or even EL?

Had they been in a european tournament, Tottenham just might have won the league this year.

But then again, who knows. Conto worked magic this season, maybe they would have still taken the trophy. Chelsea was good af this year.

Yes and No. Conte would of had to rotate the squad more often instead of fielding his strongest 11 every weekend. They were pretty fortunate to not have much injuries too.

But to be fair they squeezed out a lot of title winning games where a Cahill, or Matic or Alonso would score when their best offensive players couldnt. You need the other guys to step up at times where nothing goes right at clutch moments and they did.

Last edited:
question

what club team you root for? what year you started

what national team you root for ? year

always intrigued to know when people started liking the team they do

question

Chelsea. 2005ish. I would mostly play winning 11 before that with out the team names, so I would just go ham with Drogba, not really knowing that I was picking Chelsea. When I decided to start to watch, I just started to follow drogba, fandom grew from that.

National team. USA. Since 1987. Because. 'Murica

Silva signing is not good news for Raheem, wonder what Pep is gonna do with him. Personally I am hoping out of the Monaco bunch that we get Mendy or Bakayoko. Both are spots of need for us.

question

Chelsea right after the CL final against United. 2008? Drogba and Essien were my favorite players

Sudan and USA are my national teams, neither are very good unfortunately :frown:

Real Madrid
Chelsea
Inter
Mexico
Spain
Portugal
Leeds Utd
Sao Paulo
River Plate
NYCFC
Club America
PSV Eindhoven
Colo Colo
Sacramento Republic

question

Arsenal. Always used them in FIFA. In 2001, when I was 13 I went on a trip with my premier soccer club to England to play other traveling teams as well as some local teams there. We ended up going to a game which was Arsenal vs Manchester United at Highbury. Most of my teammates had their Man U jerseys on and I was the only one wearing an Arsenal with my Henry at the time. Arsenal went on to win 3-1 and later in the season clinched the title and league at Man U. Being from the states I felt so lucky to be able to witness a game in England with two of the best teams (at the time) 
tired.gif
 Really wish I would have been able to see one of their games in person during their Invincibles season. 
embarassed.gif

USA obviously, 94 World Cup, However, have always loved watching the great Brazilian teams.

United- 06    stationed in england.. neighbors were huge united fans, use to go to our local and watch games.. got hooked 

Last edited:
Barcelona - early 2005

Colombia cause my nationality since like 94 WC
Also was a big Brazil fan from the joga bonito days

Chelsea FC

Well, I have no favorite national team. I usually root for Les Bleus. That's my old man's team because of Zizou. I started watching USNT lately. It's growing on me

New York Cosmos, my hometown team. They play at MCU Park which it is 20-min walk away from my home

Last edited:
Although it's an extremely safe bet for Barca to win tomorrow, it would be too sweet for Theo Hernandez and Marcos Llorente, likely future RM players of Alaves, to prevent Barca from winning any meaningful silverware this season.

Wouldn't eem be surprised if Barca win by 3 or 4 though.

Last edited:
question

Manchester United - 1992 (Became a maniac between 96-99.  My boyhood idol was Dwight Yorke #TriniMassive

France - 1998 (Loved watching Zidane play)

USA, France and Argentina all from WC 2006. I was new to the sport and after that WC I became a little more into footy.

Man City very loosely from 2009-11 because of the FIFA video games and Robinho and Tevez were players that caught my attention from WC 06. I wanted to come into the sport not picking a big superstar or big club to root for so I eventually followed them to City and have rooted for them ever since.

Portland Timbers and Man City got very serious for me in 2012. I was extremely good at FIFA and all I ever used was Man City. I streamed that fateful day against QPR when City won the title in extra time because I knew it was a big event, but never knew HOW big it really was at the time. I was put on since then.

Finally mly hometown of Portland finally got the Timbers to be an MLS team and I promises myself to be a fan of footy. I attended many, many, horrible games and have persevered from then on.

question

FC Porto - Birth (the colors red or green were not allowed in my family unless it was the Portuguese flag. Even then I'd get lessons about how "the Portuguese flag was always white/blue for 800 years, the government should of never changed it" :lol:)

Portugal - Birth, France (Dad) and USA (home) as second favs

But I've grown to be a footy fan first and foremost; the drama, passion, and beauty - beats American sports in those categories.

Last edited:
LA Galaxy- 2002, cobi Jones was my favorite player at that time
Real Madrid -2006, because of Beckham, I'm a casual supporter though.
USMNT -since forever
I got no real team I root for in the PL but I like Chelsea and Liverpool the most in the last decade

Last edited:
Chelsea fan since 06. Drogba leading the Ivory Coast in the 06 World Cup made me a fan of him and led me to root for Chelsea as well

Mexico National Team since birth.

I try and follow LA Galaxy but have a hard time keeping interest in it but gonna do my best to stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom