This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can definitely win the league if we solidify our back line and reinforce our attack. I trust that Klopp will bring in the right guys to do so.

What I really meant by that post is that we'll probably have a quiet summer in comparison to other English clubs. Folks will confuse that for us lagging behind, but they'll be wrong to make that assumption.

Indeed your team already has a decent foundation. I do however think you'll need a big name world class signing or two. ST and CB.

I feel like once Coutinho is injured the goals dry up for Pool (I may be wrong though).

question

what club team you root for? what year you started

what national team you root for ? year

always intrigued to know when people started liking the team they do

United (Sometimes in the late 90's, then stopped following football heavily until around 2002 cause when I moved it was harder for me to watch games)

For a while Spain. Purely cause of David Villa. He's actually my favorite ST of all time. After he retired from NT, I'll still watch Spain matches but it wouldn't effect me if they lost. I can't even mention Bafana Bafana cause to me they're not a professional football team and it's just too damn frustrating to watch them only qualify for any tournament by being the hosts. :smh:

question

Im in my early 20's for context

Manchester City - 08/09ish

USMNT/USWNT - 08/09ish Same time as City cause this is around the time my interest in soccer kicked off as a pre-teen as I was branching off into different sports

Atlanta United - Pre determined since birth since thats my home town. Officially started in 2017 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
In City news 
Manchester City should sign Benfica goalkeeper Ederson Moraes (23) next week, with third party issues to be resolved. [@_GoncaloLopes]  
Talks between Manchester City and Benfica for Ederson are at a very advanced stage and the fee should be in excess of €40m (£35m). [A Bola]  

Last edited:
Manchester United
USMNT
Barcelona
**spot reserved for future Miami MLS team if it ever comes**

Last edited:
Tottenham
CHIVAS
Mexico
Sacramento Republic
Galaxy

usmnt

Just out of curiosity - if Sac Republic ever get moved up to MLS, will you still be a Galaxy fan or will they be considered rivals at that point?

Personally I started as a Beckham fan when I was a shorty in the late 90s, kinda stopped paying any attention to footy when I stopped playing and Becks left for Madrid. Now I regret now being tuned in during the years of Ronaldo/Roo/Tevez.

Started following again around 2013 when I was in college, basically right after our last title and SAF leaving :smh:

Sporting Kansas City fan since 2014, almost the closest MLS team for me and first MLS game I went to and it was a blast.

Sorta root for USMNT, but not that invested. Pull for France in European competition after I learned to speak French and my cousin lives out there.

question

United around '01,was living in Nairobi around that time so that's where I really first caught on and became a footy fan. Funny enough,Wenger and Arsenal were running things in England at that time :lol:

First started really watching international footy around the South Korea/Japan WC in '02 and of course I was a big fan of Brazil when they had mercurial talent and all time greats at just about every position :smokin

Always had a soft spot for France too though and don't mind to see them flourish one bit

Last edited:
Wtf is this?!?

@GFFN: Questionable rumour alert: Barcelona are offering PSG a Neymar - Marco Verratti swap deal, according to Yahoo Sport FR.

Peak transfer season rumor that :lol:

Oh and Mou is in Monaco this weekend...

Most likely just for the grand prix but it is silly season after all :nerd:

^

Thats a tough early contender for top 5 Silly season tweets they coming out the gates swinging this year

Neymar might be worth double Veratti's price :lol:

I see Atleti probably told Griez to chill and that he might've revealed too much on French TV during that interview earlier this week :lol:. He walked back his comments yesterday to reassure fans he's still at Atleti for the moment but he also said he'll discuss his future soon with his people. Called rumors that spread like fire after his own comments "unfounded"

Reminds me of Pogba's agent last summer saying that the media don't know what they're talking about and "blah blah" 2 weeks before the deal was struck. The main obstacle to get Griez was overcome with CL footy on the cards and Cholo admitted earlier this season that the club would be helpless to stop dudes departure if another club pays his release clause. Only hold up would be if Atleti's transfer ban hgets upheld but I highly doubt that since Real got theirs cut last winter.

Last edited:
neymar is priceless imo.... that is a ridiculous rumor but we must keep neymar at all cost. 

what he means to the club is just as important off-field as he means to the club on-field. 

him and ronaldinho are ambassadors for barca in Brazil...and that is huge for the future of the club.

i still remember when cats were doubting him early in euro career saying he's just a youtube star

some even said bale was the better transfer ...smh

Last edited:
Dude is Messi's heir,doubt he leaves anytime soon. Keep hearing his pops wants him out of his shadow but it looks like dude himself loves playing for Bartca at the moment.

In other news

View media item 2446961
Good look for Watford,man would've saved Hull from relegation had he been hired much earlier.

Also

@SkyKaveh:
Mediapart: FIFA to fine Mino Raiola & Juventus €60,000 after investigating £89m Pogba transfer to Man United. Raiola said to have made £41m

Thought Raiola was in bigger trouble than that :lol:

Last edited:
I just hope united/roma make their deals soon rather then last minute. Hate waiting till the last day of the window to see what we will be working with.

Roma (06/07)
Man U (Chicha Era)
Mexico (father)
El Salvador (mother)
Chivas (father)

Last edited:
Some of y'all in here old as dirt.

Pool - '05 - First ever soccer game on I've watched on TV was the 05 champions league back in the 'ppines.

France - '06 - First ever World Cup final watched on TV. Parents were huge France fans. To this day, I still don't like the Italian national football team.

Took a break following footy and then followed it again to realize Torres left Pool to go to Chelsea and Pato and Robinho becoming bums after promising careers. These two things blowed my mind for some reason. Followed football again in 2014.

Juventus - '14 - First ever soccer jersey I've bought before the season began was that year's jersey. 97 dollars for a jersey with no nameset or patches, yet I bought it and then followed them heavily from here on out. Never paid retail ever again for a jersey since then.

Always was an NBA fan before soccer but now I prefer soccer over basketball. (mostly because the Suns suck.)

Last edited:
Only in my early 20's :lol:,started watching and playing a bit when I was real young though,sure that's also the case for others here. Footy is king in Africa

^^

Isn't it already a done deal? Thought they just had to announce it

Last edited:
question

Man United... 97'... they visited HK during that summer for a pre-season friendly.  I got tix and it was my first experience watching a Premiership team.  

England... 2000ish... cuz there were a bunch of United players... plus I was more familiar with the team having watched mostly Premiership games at the time.  

question

Arsenal, around early 2000.

NY Red Bulls, I'm a NYer.

USA. I'm a big France supporter because of the 98 WC where I found out about Henry. I started following Arsenal because of him.

My parent's are from Haiti, it's hard to follow the national team and club teams. I watch the NT when games are televised. Would love to see them pull a Costa Rica of sorts.

First tried to seriously get into the sport during WC 2006. I was supporting the USA because thats all I knew. I eventually became fans of France, Argentina and the host nation of Germany after that. I dont support em, but I watch and root for them anytime they play.

After that I was in and out of watching soccer completely but always played the FIFA games because I was good.

Man City very loosely from 2009-11 because of the FIFA video games and Robinho and Tevez were players that caught my attention from WC 06. I wanted to come into the sport not picking a big superstar or big club to root for so I eventually followed them to City and have rooted for them ever since.

Portland Timbers and Man City got very serious for me in 2012.

I was extremely good at FIFA and all I ever used was Man City. I streamed that fateful day against QPR when City won the title in extra time because I knew it was a big event, but never knew HOW big it really was at the time. I was put on since then.

Finally my hometown of Portland finally got the Timbers to be an MLS team and I promised myself to be a fan of footy. I attended many, many, horrible games and have persevered from then on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom