This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morata is definitely better at creating more chances than Lukaku.

Lukaku need to go to chelsea where he has a strong creative midfield behind him. Hazard, Pedro, Fabregas with Lukaku/Diego in front...

That would tailor to bring out Lukaku's strengths...

If they really end up with Di Maria as well, it'll be a nice situation for them. The more competition for Juve, the better

True

I don't mind bringing Lukaku back

If Drogba thinks highly of Lukaku, that's good enough for me

Got a whole lot of assumptions there PRIME PRIME :lol:,I didn't even say anything bad about Morata's skill. Legit just saying I'd go with the known quantity.

The dudes you mentioned were bosses already in their leagues and starters. Costa was a BIG part of why they won La Liga a few season back,none of them are good comparisons because they were even more proven than Morata when they went to England

Griezmann has been doing it for longer as well as doing it on the international stage too,look at his golden boot performance at the Euros,man came in 3rd for the B'Dor...

It's not fair comparing Morata to these WC attackers just yet man

I'll reiterate,I'd take Lukaku because he's indeed been prolific in England at a young age already on not the most talented squad. He's only gonna get better and I wonder what he'd do in a more talented squad. Not taking anything away from Morata's potential,just my preference

All this talk about dude when he's most likely going back to Italy too :lol:

Yeah, he's most def going to be in red and black next year. Only in them fire Milan kits :smokin

But my whole point was Prem experience doesn't mean anything when the playing field is all stats. Morata's abilities are more favorable than Lukaku's. And that's where my whole point derived from.

Prem experience doesn't and shouldn't take priority over ability. Morata has more technical ability and more overall big stage experience than Lukaku. Morata is more than enough to deliver in the Prem. And he has also proven himself in the champions league

Yeah, Lukaku scored more goals than Morata. But Morata also plays on Real Madrid... off the bench. How many would Lukaku have scored given that same scenario?

I'm not even saying Lukaku is buns. The dude is a tank and has a rocket for a leg. He's got the juice. BUT, is he the smart buy for Man U? All because of Prem experience?

100m for basically a diego costa variant? Paying the same price as Griez for Lukaku? Is he really worth that? For Man U?

What to do next year when Griez is available again? Drop another hundred? On the same position?

Situation doesn't make sense all for "Prem experience". Pep isn't worried about Prem experience. Conte isn't either.

Even with Lukaku being proven in the league it doesn't guarantee that he'll be a sure thing at a big club. Teams set up more defensively when they're playing the big boys, and his record against the top clubs isn't flattering.

Also he won't be the only goal threat at most bigger clubs so everything won't revolve around getting him on the ball. What does he offer when he is not on the ball? Can he bring other players into play? When the other team has 10 players behind the ball does he have it in his locker to see that game deciding pass or can he dribble past defenders to create the winning goal? I think his lack of technique will always see him a level below the elite strikers.

I guess the question begs, is Morata an elite striker?

If he is, is Lukaku not?

I cant rock with a tone of Lukaku being some donkey footed oaf.

Throughout his career what he's lacked in truly world class technique, he's made up for 10x with superior athleticism and IQ.

Morata and Lukaku are very different players. If it were my money I'd neee serious hours of film study to see who would ultimately be of more value to my desired system.

But Lukaku is straight up more experienced and more seasoned than Morata, and has a higher rate of production.

Morata isn't an elite striker. I would say he has the tools needed to be an elite striker. Just needs to play 90 minutes week in week out to show he can consistently apply those skills. For me, it goes beyond the goals when discussing the elite strikers. Dzeko banged in a **** ton of goals at one point, nobody would say he's one of the greats of the last decade.

Morata isn't an elite striker. I would say he has the tools needed to be an elite striker. Just needs to play 90 minutes week in week out to show he can consistently apply those skills. For me, it goes beyond the goals when discussing the elite strikers. Dzeko banged in a **** ton of goals at one point, nobody would say he's one of the greats of the last decade.
Kinda ends the Morata vs. Lukaku experience debate if Morata needs full 90's to prove that he can apply his skills at 24yo no?

I'm just not buying that Morata is a bonafied smarter buy, and some of yall are straight up disrespecting the young polygot God Lukaku. 

Obviously goal production alone doesn't make someone elite but it's funny you bring up Dzeko.

The last time he was scoring +25 goals a season, that's literally what people were projecting his career to be.  Let's not forget he shattered the Bundesliga transfer sale record. He just shouldn't have gone to City. 

Last edited:
My og post wasn't touching on Lukaku vs Morata btw. I just don't think Lukaku is a lock to continue his form at a bigger club due to what I mentioned. Who's the better buy all depends on the club.

He just shouldn't have gone to City. 

Why shouldn't he have gone to city? Why did Aguero beat him out as the starting striker? Have you listened to Colours 2 yet?

Last edited:
My og post wasn't touching on Lukaku vs Morata btw. I just don't think Lukaku is a lock to continue his form at a bigger club due to what I mentioned. Who's the better buy all depends on the club.
That's fair but I just want to point that that when certain posters have had Lukaku on their club's transfer list in years past, they've used the exact opposite rationale to say that Lukaku's production would see an uptick when he's able to eat off the superior service provided by clubs greater than Everton and West Brom.  

I think your point about Lukaku's effectiveness against a low block which big clubs are more likely to face is a very real consideration though. Good point earlier. 

Last edited:
Why aren't we being linked with Obama? I would prefer him to the other strikers currently linked.

While we are at it throw 60 to arsenal and take Alexis

I trust Sam Lees word when it comes to City.
City will step up efforts to sign Mbappé if Arsenal refuse to sell them Alexis, who has his heart set on joining City. [@Sammy_Goal]  
I was previously confused why we would even be in for Mbappe (still kinda am) but if its Alexis or him I kinda get it when it comes to wanting one more forward.
 Virgil van Dijk is City's top centre-back target, but a deal could depend on whether they can pull off a move for Mbappé. [@Sammy_Goal]
This i dont get. Im assuming its a money thing because if we do get Dijk its gonna be alot based of rumored Southamptons asking price.

If it was up to me I would get Van Dijk and Alexis instead of one Mbappe like I think he is insinuating.
 City will look to bring in at least one more full-back should they sign Mendy and Walker, but it won't be Nelson Semedo. [@Sammy_Goal]
Ryan Bertrand perhaps being considered I remember his name floating around a couple months ago I think

That avy is disgusting
sick.gif
GSW going to do the lord's work this series
Let the church say Amen!

I dont understand this Lukaku slander either. Bootleg Costa :smh:

Did yall not watch him tear your favorite BPL clubs to pieces this year? Absolute machine. Lukaku>Morata without a doubt.

Morata skillsets and technical abilities are better but thats more suited as a CF to me. Lukaku is more of aerial threat, better hold up play, more clinical finisher with pace and strength. How do you not salivate at those traits as a Premier League manager?

Im banking on Lukaku getting 20 goals a season over Morata in the Premier League.

Ohh and the LeBron slander in this thread :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom