This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal will attack this window aggressively with the intention of signing a world class player in defence, midfield and attack. [L'Equipe]
Arsenal's £100m summer transfer budget reported in the English press was put out falsely. [L'Equipe]
L'Equipe makes me laugh

Alex Iwobi played 70 minutes & provided two assists as Nigeria beat Togo in a friendly tonight.
View media item 2452472:lol: at Gnabry

Wut?

What has Lukaku proven that Morata hasn't?

Lukaku proves that he can score goals in the PREM. Morata hasn't played a second in the PREM. That all he was saying, I'm sure.

Neither has Griezman, didn't stop him from being the top summer target.

Neither has Zlatan. United took him.

A top quality striker is a top quality striker. Morata has proven himself in la liga and serie a.

I don't think Morata has much elsse to prove

Last edited:
I guess people forgot that Morata helped Juve knock Real out of the CL 2 seasons ago with a pair of goals

Premier League is a whole new beast. You can drop hat tricks against Genoa and Las Palmas but at Stoke? I don't think so.

Morata my boy and I wish him all the success but going to Milan would be great for his career.

Premier league experience means nothing.

That's some media koolaid. How many guys have come in with no Prem experience and have lit the league up.

Last time I checked, Everton finished 7th and Morata is going back to the CL for the 3rd time in 4 years

I think he can handle whatever "pressure" the Prem has for him

But I do hope he goes to Milan so I can get his shirt :smokin

Last edited:
Man U should go for Morata before Lukaku

go for an unproven striker rather than a proven one? thats silly

Wut?

What has Lukaku proven that Morata hasn't?

I don't necessarily agree with imasoleman18 imasoleman18 rationale, but only score a couple hundred more professional first division goals.

word-1z81q3.jpg

Last edited:

That's some media koolaid. How many guys have come in with no Prem experience and have lit the league up.

Last time I checked, Everton finished 7th and Morata is going back to the CL for the 3rd time in 4 years

What does team success have to do with comparing them as players though? Of course dude is gonna have more success playing at Juve and Real than dude playing in Merseyside :rofl:,that doesn't really say too much about either of them.

Lukaku's a proven commodity in the Prem so if they're looking to spend big money on a no.9,I'd probably rather it be on a sure thing than banking on potential. Not taking anything away from Morata though,he's balled when given the chance elsewhere so I wouldn't be surprised if he could do it in England too.

Last edited:
Even with Lukaku being proven in the league it doesn't guarantee that he'll be a sure thing at a big club. Teams set up more defensively when they're playing the big boys, and his record against the top clubs isn't flattering.

Also he won't be the only goal threat at most bigger clubs so everything won't revolve around getting him on the ball. What does he offer when he is not on the ball? Can he bring other players into play? When the other team has 10 players behind the ball does he have it in his locker to see that game deciding pass or can he dribble past defenders to create the winning goal? I think his lack of technique will always see him a level below the elite strikers.

What does team success have to do with comparing them as players though? Of course dude is gonna have more success playing at Juve and Real than dude playing in Merseyside :rofl:,that doesn't really say too much about either of them.

Lukaku's a proven commodity in the Prem so if they're looking to spend big money on a no.9,I'd probably rather it be on a sure thing than banking on potential. Not taking anything away from Morata though,he's balled when given the chance elsewhere so I wouldn't be surprised if he could do it in England too.

What has Lukaku proven that Morata has not? Playing at Juve and Real not only screams his success, but his experience as well. He's played at top level clubs in top level competitions both domestically and in the CL and has delivered.

What has Lukaku done again? Scored more PL goals? Because.. He's played in the PL? Being the primary goal scorer for a mediocre club?

How many PL goals did Alexis have before going to Arsenal? How many did Costa have? Aguero?

Are they all not better than Lukaku? And have they all not transitioned from La Liga to the Prem and dominated?

If anything, taking a goal scorer from La Liga is what United NEEDS to do. Seems like its working for everyone else.

I think everyone would be singing a different tune had Morata actually been the starting striker at Madrid this season. But lets not forget he's scored MORE goals than Benzema for the season as well.

He scored 1 less goal than Griez domestically this season and created 3 less chances for assisted goals, the same guy everyones been jumping off the walls over for weeks. But now all of a sudden, Lukaku is better?

Is Lukaku better than Greizmann too? Because he has Prem experience?

Lukaku is only appealing because he's his clubs #1 option. Everton isn't even a top 5 team...

Last edited:
:lol:

I obviously know nothing, but Lukaku just seems big and strong but lacking in skill cleverness, but obviously Im just looking at some youtube clips.

Even with Lukaku being proven in the league it doesn't guarantee that he'll be a sure thing at a big club. Teams set up more defensively when they're playing the big boys, and his record against the top clubs isn't flattering.

Also he won't be the only goal threat at most bigger clubs so everything won't revolve around getting him on the ball. What does he offer when he is not on the ball? Can he bring other players into play? When the other team has 10 players behind the ball does he have it in his locker to see that game deciding pass or can he dribble past defenders to create the winning goal? I think his lack of technique will always see him a level below the elite strikers.

Morata is definitely better at creating more chances than Lukaku.

Lukaku need to go to chelsea where he has a strong creative midfield behind him. Hazard, Pedro, Fabregas with Lukaku/Diego in front...

That would tailor to bring out Lukaku's strengths...

Thought Morata to AC Milan?

If they really end up with Di Maria as well, it'll be a nice situation for them. The more competition for Juve, the better

Last edited:

I guess the question begs, is Morata an elite striker?

If he is, is Lukaku not?

I cant rock with a tone of Lukaku being some donkey footed oaf.

Throughout his career what he's lacked in truly world class technique, he's made up for 10x with superior athleticism and IQ.

Morata and Lukaku are very different players. If it were my money I'd neee serious hours of film study to see who would ultimately be of more value to my desired system.

But Lukaku is straight up more experienced and more seasoned than Morata, and has a higher rate of production.

Last edited:
Got a whole lot of assumptions there PRIME PRIME :lol:,I didn't even say anything bad about Morata's skill. Legit just saying I'd go with the known quantity.

The dudes you mentioned were bosses already in their leagues and starters. Costa was a BIG part of why they won La Liga a few season back,none of them are good comparisons because they were even more proven than Morata when they went to England

Griezmann has been doing it for longer as well as doing it on the international stage too,look at his golden boot performance at the Euros,man came in 3rd for the B'Dor...

It's not fair comparing Morata to these WC attackers just yet man

I'll reiterate,I'd take Lukaku because he's indeed been prolific in England at a young age already on not the most talented squad. He's only gonna get better and I wonder what he'd do in a more talented squad. Not taking anything away from Morata's potential,just my preference

All this talk about dude when he's most likely going back to Italy too :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom